Literally 2 ways to score....

Gazz10
499 posts An Exciting Prospect
Been playing fut since it’s inception (it used to be so much fun) so over the 10+ years got used to everything EA has to offer from wonky servers to ‘momentum’.

But they have really stooped to a new low this year.

How can a company get away with a game in which its the objective to score goals yet there’s only two ways to make that happen. It’s beyond belief that you either have to play chess around the box to find your 5* Wf striker who turns (preferably by dragback) and bangs it in or get to the byline and cut it back for tap in... 95 % of goals are scored that way..

And don’t even get me started about the shushing, watching cutscenes etc. ‘the community’ has adopted the standards of the game developer its never been this bad... 95% of goals are the same yet replays are being watched like Rooney just won a Manchester derby with a bycicle kick top bins..

Just wanted to vent....

Comments

• abhreebhu_45
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    😂
  • Wurrsmycash
    766 posts Semi-Pro
    Hit the nail on the head mate. Literally 95% of goals are exact how you describe. Boring AF

Very rare to see a goal from an actual lofted cross or shot outside the box
  • Purplejacket
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    Hit the nail on the head mate. Literally 95% of goals are exact how you describe. Boring AF

Those things were what the community complained about in years past, those things reduces skill gaps. Anyone can lob and shoot from out side the box. Breaking someone down in the box is what requires skill. Tho drag backs are too op.
  • Purplejacket
    3615 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 28
    Gazz10 wrote: »
    Been playing fut since it’s inception (it used to be so much fun) so over the 10+ years got used to everything EA has to offer from wonky servers to ‘momentum’.

But they have really stooped to a new low this year.

How can a company get away with a game in which its the objective to score goals yet there’s only two ways to make that happen. It’s beyond belief that you either have to play chess around the box to find your 5* Wf striker who turns (preferably by dragback) and bangs it in or get to the byline and cut it back for tap in... 95 % of goals are scored that way..

And don’t even get me started about the shushing, watching cutscenes etc. ‘the community’ has adopted the standards of the game developer its never been this bad... 95% of goals are the same yet replays are being watched like Rooney just won a Manchester derby with a bycicle kick top bins..

Just wanted to vent....

I dont understand the part u said about playing chess to find ur striker.. thats football.

Fifa 19 lob balls for far posts headers were all people did.

Pre patch it was timed fineese from 30 yards out instant goal, is that what you want? Mind you in fifa 19 you couldnt score on the gk i side the box it had to be one of those
  • Wurrsmycash
    766 posts Semi-Pro
    How about they make a balanced game that has some semblance to real football rather than have one/two tactics so OP thats all everyone does.

• Staxdoobie
    1928 posts Play-Off Hero

Those things were what the community complained about in years past, those things reduces skill gaps. Anyone can lob and shoot from out side the box. Breaking someone down in the box is what requires skill. Tho drag backs are too op.

Yes, agree with this. I can see why they reduced the effectiveness of crossing/heading and long shots. There’s just too much rng involved.

I HATE conceding from a corner in this FIFA, as it’s just a lucky roll of the dice. And that’s what so many crosses and long shots were last year. I think I prefer it the way it is now, but they need to increase the variety of goals it’s possible to score. Simply reducing the overpowered defensive AI in this FIFA would actually give us a pretty decent game.
  • Brustring1893
    1351 posts Professional
    A1255-E1-D-56-EA-42-F9-BE27-E51-E7-B8-DB9-C7.png

That’s all I’ve been seeing today. 9 players directly in front of the box as you try to work your way through. So exhausting and mentally tiring, especially at this stage.
  • gregsii
    1063 posts Professional
    edited June 28
    Decrease ai auto blocks and clearances.
    Improve keepers so they actually make decent saves consistently.
    Decrease effectiveness of dragbacks.
    Decrease effectiveness of ballrolls.
    Increase defences ability to mark players when opposition runs to byline and cuts back.
    Increase heading accuracy a tiny bit

Then we'd see a good game.

I actually had a guy message me earlier saying I was lucky I won the game 4-3 and that I should enjoy silver 1 noob...
    His 3 goals were all run to the byline and double tap pass to striker, tap in goal.
    My 4 goals were well worked moves with lovely finishes, yet I'm the noob?
    I also had 10 men on the pitch since 40 min mark and I still controlled the game with 60% possession and more chances created than the guy I was playing.

Interesting.

Is this what the game has come to, if you don't abuse the awful mechanics of this game then you're a "noob"?

Oh yeah he also said I play like a weirdo, lol!
    I'm in div 2 rivals btw, 1790 rating.
  • Estaban
    1175 posts Professional
    Last year El Tornados and back to the goal finesse shots. the year before was shield the ball and low drivens with your back to the goal. Every year is something. This one pisses me off the least to be honest. Just wish you could head the ball in worth while.
  • gregsii
    1063 posts Professional
    Estaban wrote: »
    Last year El Tornados and back to the goal finesse shots. the year before was shield the ball and low drivens with your back to the goal. Every year is something. This one pisses me off the least to be honest. Just wish you could head the ball in worth while.

Last year was a joke.
    The first time finesse shots were undefendable plus if you had Ronaldo, zlatan or Torres upfront then a hatrick of headers was what you would concede after literally deliberate shots from 40 yards just so people could get a corner.. what a crap game, utter crap.