How’s your weekend league going?

Comments

• GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional
    18-2 right now. Ndombele and Kante in the middle are fantastic. Ndombele may just be the best free card for me, replaced Prime Vieira. He's playing the stay back cdm with toty Kante as b2b.

Kante has this unique shot type where he sort of does a quick swipe at the ball with the laces that I can't recall any other player doing. Top top player

Prime Cruyff winning me games with his movement. Even if he doesn't score he creates space for others.

Man I wish I had your players.
  • Rahat786786
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    18-2 right now. Ndombele and Kante in the middle are fantastic. Ndombele may just be the best free card for me, replaced Prime Vieira. He's playing the stay back cdm with toty Kante as b2b.

Kante has this unique shot type where he sort of does a quick swipe at the ball with the laces that I can't recall any other player doing. Top top player

Prime Cruyff winning me games with his movement. Even if he doesn't score he creates space for others.

Finally built my ultimate team and playing with fun.
    My record isn't any better than before though, always play blocks of 10 and am usually 18-2 or 17-3 from first 20.

My team isn't the elite of elite though, I have a lot of untradeable sbc players to fill gaps and still using NIF Neymar and NIF Mbappe.
  • Habermas
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    0-0 friday
    5-4 saturday
    17-11 in a big rush of games from 5 am to 11 am today, so gold 2 as always 👍.
    Now lets have a look at how to get that Ibra 😯
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional

My record isn't any better than before though, always play blocks of 10 and am usually 18-2 or 17-3 from first 20.

My team isn't the elite of elite though, I have a lot of untradeable sbc players to fill gaps and still using NIF Neymar and NIF Mbappe.

NIF Mbappe and NIF Neymar are enough to get any good player 17-3 or 17-2. I’ve not had a single player of their class all year. Either way I’m enjoying WL.
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional
    edited June 28
    Habermas wrote: »
    0-0 friday
    5-4 saturday
    17-11 in a big rush of games from 5 am to 11 am today, so gold 2 as always 👍.
    Now lets have a look at how to get that Ibra 😯

Same as me 😂

I’m going to do the last two Serie a score in a rivals win, then I’ve got him to replace Litmanen 91 who is the place holder in my Serie a team.

Will be front three of Alberto at CAM Gomez at left Striker and Ibrahimovic at Right Striker.
  • Rahat786786
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 28

NIF Mbappe and NIF Neymar are enough to get any good player 17-3 or 17-2. I’ve not had a single player of their class all year. Either way I’m enjoying WL.

They're just the weaker points in my team now but still very good players.

Its crazy how you can get them both for under 250k on playstation now. What's that, 2 3 weeks if rival and fut champ rewards?

Last Fifa I played was probably FIFA 16 and I never had Messi, Ronaldo or any of those big boys. So really enjoying the fact I get to use the big names!
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional

They're just the weaker points in my team now but still very good players.

Its crazy how you can get them both for under 250k on playstation now. What's that, 2 3 weeks if rival and fut champ rewards?

Last Fifa I played was probably FIFA 16 and I never had Messi, Ronaldo or any of those big boys. So really enjoying the fact I get to use the big names!

I never have 250k - I do too many SBC’s lol
  • JPRM71
    3586 posts National Call-Up
    Delay is crippling me this weekend, just can’t find any time slot to play a fair game
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    Delay is crippling me this weekend, just can’t find any time slot to play a fair game

Are you on Virgin by any chance?
  • joehuk
    4767 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone getting kicked of servers?

Had three DC's this morning on the pc this has not happened all year.

Worst thing is I was winning all three.
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional
    joehuk wrote: »

What is your provider?
  • joehuk
    edited June 28

What is your provider?

Virgin

Should I stop if there's an issue? I haven't read anything just logged in and started playing my games which btw are playing nice.

Just these three DC's have now demoralized me to continue.

I know the no loss glitch is on the consoles, but never encountered it on the pc all year.
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional

What is your provider?

Virgin

Should I stop if there's an issue? I haven't read anything just logged in and started playing my games which btw are playing nice.

Nearly every person who has problems on weekend league in the UK has been on virgin. If I recall there was an issue specifically with virgin earlier in the year. I’m on Sky (bt line) and never had a single disconnect. Only had lag when servers are bad, but even then it’s not been terrible.

I’d stop playing until later. During the day Virgin are horrendous. Wait until after 10pm to game on virgin.
  • joehuk
    edited June 28

What is your provider?

Virgin

Nearly every person who has problems on weekend league in the UK has been on virgin. If I recall there was an issue specifically with virgin earlier in the year. I’m on Sky (bt line) and never had a single disconnect. Only had lag when servers are bad, but even then it’s not been terrible.

I’d stop playing until later. During the day Virgin are horrendous. Wait until after 10pm to game on virgin.

I know there was an issue earlier this year but didn't cause me to lose connection to EA servers it just closed the game.

I can instantly log back in via menus just like the no loss glitch people are experiencing on the consoles.

I wonder if they have activated the UK data center in London & it's causing the issue I have good gameplay for the first time.in weeks but DC three times.

Sadly I cannot play that late I'm.up at 4am for work :joy:

My son is having his morning nap so tried to get silver 1 quickly so I can chill get gold 3 tonight.

• aladdin
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    i swear i’ve gotten progressively worse at this game. i find it so hard now
  • joehuk
    So I get to 12 wins and all of a sudden I can't move my players.

Stopping for now or I'll just rage quit rest of my games. :joy:
  • JWNYsg
    3539 posts National Call-Up
    11 wins with 5 to go
  • danielallen1410
    211 posts Sunday League Hero
    So I get to 12 wins and all of a sudden I can't move my players.

Stopping for now or I'll just rage quit rest of my games. :joy:

I’ve got to 12 and I’m sorry the game has just totally started ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me over, I’ve just lost 6-1 to someone who had six shots all from outside the box whereas I’ve hit the post from inside the box 4 times
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Really CBA to play.

Gameplay is so flat/boring.

At 6 wins. Really not fussed about continuing.
  • Jonboyparker
    6432 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 28

What is your provider?

Virgin

Yep I’m on virgin fibre but nothing else disconnects. I get straight back into fut after a DC everytime. Running on constant 100mb when I play because everyone is sleeping. I only play after 10pm and get at least 1 a night. Loads of people o know not on virgin get DC’s too 🤷‍♂️ The the 1 thing that Put me off WL last few weeks.
  • DaMMian
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    DaMMian wrote: »
    6DC in 19 games

8 in 22 games ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this game
  • Played a guy who went full press, scored then paused, came back and I got disconnected.
  • v4vendetta1978
    3229 posts National Call-Up

What is your provider?

Virgin

Yep I’m on virgin fibre but nothing else disconnects. I get straight back into fut after a DC everytime. Running on constant 100mb when I play because everyone is sleeping. I only play after 10pm and get at least 1 a night. Loads of people o know not on virgin get DC’s too 🤷‍♂️ The the 1 thing that Put me off WL last few weeks.

I’m on Virgin in the midlands obvs and never had a dc I’m hard wired, I know the WiFi drops all the time so I understand if you are wireless. Other than that who knows what the issue is .
  • Brustring1893
    1412 posts Professional
    Im 12-4 now but gameplay is so dull, everybody is playing 4231 sitting back deep with no motivation at all to play for fun rather than sweating it to win the game. This is literally how every game looks like for me:

A1255-E1-D-56-EA-42-F9-BE27-E51-E7-B8-DB9-C7.png
  • Jonboyparker
    6432 posts Big Money Move

What is your provider?

Virgin

I’m on Virgin in the midlands obvs and never had a dc I’m hard wired, I know the WiFi drops all the time so I understand if you are wireless. Other than that who knows what the issue is .

I’m on wire. I learnt not to use the WiFi 😂 I don’t think it’s virgin tbh. It’s hapoeninh everywhere on different providers.

Great that you’ve never had one. It only started a few months ago tbh and had progressively got worse to 1 a day at least. It’s not the 3 in a row that people are reporting but enough to put me off WL. Before that it was perfect. I’ve been on virgin most of the year and in fact my Internet was awful before I changed and virgin meant I wasn’t getting any Dc’s. Then this all happens over the last few months.

• I’ve given it a miss the last few weekends and felt so much better In myself for it. This weekend l had a bit of time on my hands so decided to get involved. I pretty much always finish on Gold 3, and this weekend was really enjoying it for once. Sat on 13 wins with 10 games left l was looking to have my best WL in a long time.
    The 10 games left tho felt completely scripted. Simple through balls to put me in 1on1 with the keeper wouldn’t work. Any 1 on1s I did get would go straight at the keeper. Players wouldn’t react at all with the ball at their feet for tap ins. Blatant penalties wernt given. Matchups were ridiculous, and if l did play anyone that l was well on top of, they’d score with their only shot/s. You guessed it... lost all 10 games and finished silver 1.
    EA 👍🏽
  • JWNYsg
    3539 posts National Call-Up
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    11 wins with 5 to go

Lost all 5. No one had it worse than me :(
  • aladdin
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    just finished G3 with 6 spare. phew. ibra is amazing btw. everyone should get him
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    My best ever WL, usually struggle to hit silver 1 to re-qualify. Stopped quitting games and stopped listening to ‘meta’ tactics on YouTube etc. Now 17-6.

That’s an insane increase. Congrats. What tactics did you decide on then?

4411, 6 depth, 6 width, POHT, 6 players in box, fast build up.
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional
    My best ever WL, usually struggle to hit silver 1 to re-qualify. Stopped quitting games and stopped listening to ‘meta’ tactics on YouTube etc. Now 17-6.

That’s an insane increase. Congrats. What tactics did you decide on then?

4411, 6 depth, 6 width, POHT, 6 players in box, fast build up.

Do you do any skills?