How’s your weekend league going?

Comments

• joehuk
    4283 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 27
    Was going ok, until matching someone who litrally spammed a LONG through ball down the wing, cut the ball back shoot none stop

eventually gave up thought cba defending this 90mins he was already 2-0 up. put controller down he continues to score goals.. *shrugs*

do you guys continue to score countless goals when you know your opponant has put the controller down? Or is just me that mirrors and does the same?

Also games have been 50/50 delay wise had some attricous games some.ok games.
  • yosef167
    1550 posts Play-Off Hero
    5-1
    didnt have a single easy match yet but thats whats make me start good as i dont have to drop losses against worse players who plays the cutback or overload play ( but so tired having to focus all 90th min in close level matches.)
  • Rossco160715
    2583 posts Fans' Favourite
    The game will never change. It’s the same nonsense very weekend on every Fifa.
  • Stav93
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Screenshot-20200627-003050-com-google-android-apps-docs-editors-sheets.jpg

Screenshot-20200627-003044-com-google-android-apps-docs-editors-sheets.jpg

Scoring loads. Conceding loads too.
  • Stav93 wrote: »

Same. Currently on 12-8. Definitely finish gold 3, but gold 2 is probably out of the question.
  • Dave
    1000 posts Professional
    Started with 9-1.
  • Renamed1049161219
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 27
    IMG-3d3ed9c0-e8d9-452f-8eac-52a20888f63a.png
  • Murf1985
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    7-8 atm. Loads of people seem to quit after going 1-0 down this weekend.
  • ASX
    3046 posts National Call-Up
    0-0 for the first time this year, have the time but playing COD and chilling, forgot how it feels to not play WL
  • DannySTFC
    4352 posts National Call-Up
    13-9, behind the rate I’d like to be going at for sure.

It’s so random though. At 10-7 I played someone with R9 etc and was clearly an elite player, but my ELO was only +3. Next game I play against someone I can virtually walk through and win like 6-2 or something, the matchmaking is broken.

Need to win half my games for G2. Matchmaking will decide whether I make it or not. The other week I won 7 out of 8 games to finish G2 against some really bang average opponents. If that happens today it will be comfortable, but if I match elite opponents with OP players like R9 I’ll be screwed. can guarantee I won’t come up against 8 opponents of similar skill level to me, it will be random.
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 27
    Stav93 wrote: »

Same. Currently on 12-8. Definitely finish gold 3, but gold 2 is probably out of the question.

Standard start for me. Sometimes 10-10. Usually always get 17 wins by the end somehow. Definitely doable. Think it’s becuasse I have to rush my first 20 at a certain time and the last 10 I can relax a little more. Wish I could spread them out more.

Missed last weekend and this weekend because the DC’s are infuriating. It wrecks the whole weekend for me when I’m trying to get my first G1. No point trying when ea take games away from me and I’m no long playing for reds or packs with trash in them.
  • Mind numbing this weekend

8-8
  • Dramacydal
    474 posts Sunday League Hero
    0-0. Was tired of the game at 8 wins last week and just quit. haven't played since. These objective cards don't fit my team. So who knows when i will play again
  • DannySTFC
    Just lost a game 4-3 where my opponent scored 3 rebound goals despite me having more possession, more shots and more shots on target.
  • danielallen1410
    59 posts Park Captain
    6-5

Started off 0-3 and it was a lag fest, I lost my cool and turned it off, I rarely blame the game but this was a joke.

Anyway since last night I’ve had a great connection and now I’m 6-5 and really enjoying it.

I lost a game 6-0 today, it was completely even possession, chances, pass accuracy, shots on target but he literally went 3-0 up with three shots where as I kept hitting the post etc. Last 3 goals were me going all our attack. No complaints that’s the game, there will no doubt be one where it all goes for me.

I’m trying just to play two or three games at a time, I only want silver 1 as that’s what I normally get, got 19 games to get 5 wins so hopeful I’ll achieve that easy. Not sure if I’ll go further as want to get Bruno and zlatan done.
  • JPRM71
    3140 posts National Call-Up
    4-1, nice steady start. Will play to G3 and that’s enough. Want to grind those objective cards. Might sell FB Mbappe and TOTY Messi and start SH Ibra next WL. If I can part with FB Mbappe that is.🤷‍♂️
  • JoaoJC
    13 posts Ball Boy
    2-2 so far, my two loses were disconnections
  • Hammer316
    772 posts Semi-Pro
    6 -1 now, just won 9-8 on pens. It's really laggy, I can tell it's bad for my opponent some games as well. Going to try and make gold 2.
  • bartsch88
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Up 2-0, and ea servers kick me out. Of course, this never happens when I’m losing a game. Thanks EA!
  • DannySTFC
    FinishEd G2 with a game to spare. Needed to win 4 out of my last 5 and won 4 in a row, everything was going against me until that run so I didn’t think I had a chance of winning 4 in the last 5 to be honest.
  • DannySTFC wrote: »
    FinishEd G2 with a game to spare. Needed to win 4 out of my last 5 and won 4 in a row, everything was going against me until that run so I didn’t think I had a chance of winning 4 in the last 5 to be honest.

Isn’t that the same as last week for you almost.
  • DannySTFC
    DannySTFC wrote: »

Isn’t that the same as last week for you almost.

Not far off actually mate. Last week I had two left and needed to win both which I did. This week had 5 left and needed to win 4 of them.

During TOTS I was hitting G2 with 3-5 games spare, but since ultimate TOTS where I finished 16-14, I’ve been struggling and just scraping G2 on my last games. For some reason it’s got harder for me since TOTS ended.

I used to start on Friday nights, but recently I’ve been starting Friday lunch time as I now finish work several hours before my girlfriend, that’s the only thing which has changed, surely starting WL 5-6 hours earlier then usual doesn’t make your opponents that much tougher? Maybe it’s just because the more casual players have stopped playing, whatever it is my results seem to have got slightly worse, but I’m still hitting G2.
  • JWNYsg
    2463 posts Fans' Favourite
    It good but have 25 games left go steer. Only one 1 out of 5
  • Wurrsmycash
    766 posts Semi-Pro
    10-8 can't wait to get to 14 and stop. Been a terribly one sided WL. Either massive thumpings or huge wins.

Really suffering from the 2-0 Glitch too. I've gone 2-0 in 3/4 games completely dominating to then have my defenders turn into statues and my forwards unable to make a run or shot.

Quite frustrating

• bartsch88
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 27
    Trying for that last win to hit 14. Thought I had it, up 2-0 on a weak player but they typically somehow get 2 goals on 2 shots. They then, naturally, score to win from a random cross well past the +2 min of ET and are then brave enough to run around shushing and watch the replay. I mean, it’s practically July. I rb+lb every time, but when I play people from the same certain region, they’re always toxic in this manner.

TL;DR it’s almost July and people are still toxic
  • Estaban
    1175 posts Professional
    G3/G2 player here. 8-2. It’s about to get miserable for me.
  • JWNYsg wrote: »
    It good but have 25 games left go steer. Only one 1 out of 5
    10-8 can't wait to get to 14 and stop. Been a terribly one sided WL. Either massive thumpings or huge wins.

Really suffering from the 2-0 Glitch too. I've gone 2-0 in 3/4 games completely dominating to then have my defenders turn into statues and my forwards unable to make a run or shot.

Quite frustrating
    bartsch88 wrote: »
    Trying for that last win to hit 14. Thought I had it, up 2-0 on a weak player but they typically somehow get 2 goals on 2 shots. They then, naturally, score to win from a random cross well past the +2 min of ET and are then brave enough to run around shushing and watch the replay. I mean, it’s practically July. I rb+lb every time, but when I play people from the same certain region, they’re always toxic in this manner.

TL;DR it’s almost July and people are still toxic
    Estaban wrote: »
    G3/G2 player here. 8-2. It’s about to get miserable for me.

I’ve tried to ignore the toxicity. I’ve been playing 352 the last few weeks. On 14-8 right now. Going to try for 17, but I will probably get matched to elite now 😂
  • Retro1989
    5253 posts Big Money Move
    From 7-1 to 9-8

Getting really pissed off with the fact my opponents defenders can turn on a penny, tackles from behind perfectly and go on the counter attack. While my defenders when they tackle the ball just either goes to another of their players or the guy that is stumbling gets it back.
  • Retro1989 wrote: »
    From 7-1 to 9-8

Getting really pissed off with the fact my opponents defenders can turn on a penny, tackles from behind perfectly and go on the counter attack. While my defenders when they tackle the ball just either goes to another of their players or the guy that is stumbling gets it back.

Have you been quitting out? That kind of shift in losses happened to me in the past when I used to rage quit.

I’m on 15-8 now, hoping I can keep it up and get the 17.
  • Retro1989
    5253 posts Big Money Move
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    From 7-1 to 9-8

Have you been quitting out? That kind of shift in losses happened to me in the past when I used to rage quit.

I’m on 15-8 now, hoping I can keep it up and get the 17.

Nope, coming up against nothing but pace, drag back spam, run down the wing and cut it in players. Trying not to touch my CB's but if i don't they just stand there and allow my opponent to walk past them.