Who is doing Firmino?

Comments

• d3b4s1s
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I did him despite he not fitting the current squad, had lots of great objective fodder and it’s Bobby frik’n Firmino. Was hoping fir his Flashback, i’ll make do with this. Him & Bruno are great together.
  • Ishibum
    14559 posts Has That Special Something
    Been having fun since the first game. Glad I done the SBC

• Double_D
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not me. If I’m being honest I can’t stand to look at the guy. His face/teeth combo is like concentrated cringe.
  • newguy wrote: »
    I think I’m doing it, he looks like a fun card. I’ve saved lots of fodder so don’t care much about the price.

If you’re getting him
    Where are you gonna play him? What chem style, and feel free to leave reviews if you’ve tried him for a few games already!

St even when he is more capable to be a CAM those 5*5* must be fun and lethal a very rare combination nowadays
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class
    I heard firmino is better than pim kaka 😉
  • newguy
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite

He is Kaka’s minion in my team haha
  • ILevis
    1300 posts Professional
    I was originally gonna do him, but now with the Ibra objective released i cant really justify it. I already switched from 2 teams to 4 teams so i can incorporate all my untradeables, doing Firmino now would be a bit over the top

Still think he looks fun and the hate he gets isnt justified. Firmino historically always outperformed his stats and the 5/5 combo is spicy aswell
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    What's the verdict? 👀
  • newguy
    What's the verdict? 👀

Haven’t used him that many games but he’s been amazing so far, very fun and scored some bangers.
  • SomeNextGuy
    newguy wrote: »
    What's the verdict? 👀

Haven’t used him that many games but he’s been amazing so far, very fun and scored some bangers.

Hmmmm...
  • HelloDearie
    2624 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have all 3 squads done, just hesitating on pulling the trigger. He would be 8 chem in my team, which doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is burning all my fodder, to shoehorn him in.

I play 4411 though, and feel he could be the ideal CF behind Lewa.
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited June 27
    He'd have to be better than Benzema. Just re jigged my team again, and decided to give Benz a run out. Had him for a couple weeks but only really used him sparingly as a sub. Also still have TOTS Richarlison, red Teixeira and red Cesinha.

Got Roberto Carlos from the Prime icon SBC yesterday though, so that strong link would now mean I'm able to fit him in, or any of my other Brazillian strikers.

TOTS Neymar - SH Firmino - TOTS Messi is tempting for me. Two double 5* players up top. 😰
  • YB_11_
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've packed his hero card and I don't think there is a huge difference between them.
  • newguy
    He'd have to be better than Benzema. Just re jigged my team again, and decided to give Benz a run out. Had him for a couple weeks but only really used him sparingly as a sub. Also still have TOTS Richarlison, red Teixeira and red Cesinha.

Got Roberto Carlos from the Prime icon SBC yesterday though, so that strong link would now mean I'm able to fit him in, or any of my other Brazillian strikers.

TOTS Neymar - SH Firmino - TOTS Messi is tempting for me. Two double 5* players up top. 😰

I’d pick him over the other options because of the skills, they should be very similar in the other stats. I keep saying that scoop fake shots with strong players are really OP.
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited June 27

I’d pick him over the other options because of the skills, they should be very similar in the other stats. I keep saying that scoop fake shots with strong players are really OP.

Think I'll do him. Going to leave it for a bit though as I'll be subbing in a Serie A boi up for a while up front until I get Ibra. The double 5* is just too unique to pass up really.

I know you're big on squad building and have helped me out in the past, so I'll ask whilst I'm here! Any suggestions on possible silky changes that I've overlooked? Always appreciate your insight.

4-3-2-1 in game to start with generally. 3-5-2 at times as the game progresses. Coin balance is as shown.

1v7Fqhn.jpg

7HXQalA.jpg
  • newguy

Think I'll do him. Going to leave it for a bit though as I'll be subbing in a Serie A boi up for a while up front until I get Ibra. The double 5* is just too unique to pass up really.

I know you're big on squad building and have helped me out in the past, so I'll ask whilst I'm here! Any suggestions on possible silky changes that I've overlooked? Always appreciate your insight.

4-3-2-1 in game to start with generally. 3-5-2 at times as the game progresses. Coin balance is as shown.

Sure mate, I love helping. What does the team look like when you switch to 352? Can you cope without H/H wingers? Imo Firmino is perfect for your team, you have Neymar and Messi with 99 pace around him (he is stronger than his stats suggest) he’ll be able to lay off for them just like irl with Mane and Salah, and the 5*5* gives you so many options.
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited June 27

Sure mate, I love helping. What does the team look like when you switch to 352? Can you cope without H/H wingers? Imo Firmino is perfect for your team, you have Neymar and Messi with 99 pace around him (he is stronger than his stats suggest) he’ll be able to lay off for them just like irl with Mane and Salah, and the 5*5* gives you so many options.

That's what I thought. PIM Socrates was incredible for me, and Firmino if anything looks like a possible upgrade on him

Generally like this. 4-3-2-1 is still the go to. I like the natural width at the top of the pitch, and the quick interplay. But I do find 3-5-2 very useful in certain situations. I find Marcelo and Mendy fine, could use Roberto Carlos there instead and move Mendy to CB, but I prefer utilising Mendy's double 5* further forward when playing 3-5-2.

Kiluse9.jpg
  • newguy

That's what I thought. PIM Socrates was incredible for me, and Firmino if anything looks like a possible upgrade on him

Generally like this. 4-3-2-1 is still the go to. I like the natural width at the top of the pitch, and the quick interplay. But I do find 3-5-2 very useful in certain situations. I find Marcelo and Mendy fine, could use Roberto Carlos there instead and move Mendy to CB, but I prefer utilising Mendy's double 5* further forward when playing 3-5-2.

Kiluse9.jpg

Looking good, I haven’t had time to try the switch to 4321 yet but might give it a go. Yeah, if the 352 is your more attacking setup your wingers should be fine. Imo deffo first thing is upgrade Benzema to Firmino seems perfect. After that your CDMs are solid enough but since the rest of the team is pretty much maxed out I’d upgrade them. Modric is surely good and great value but there are better options, he isn’t that special imo but he does a good job for cheap. FDJ I haven’t tried but I find even CDMs with bad wf an issue sometimes.
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited June 27

Kiluse9.jpg

Looking good, I haven’t had time to try the switch to 4321 yet but might give it a go. Yeah, if the 352 is your more attacking setup your wingers should be fine. Imo deffo first thing is upgrade Benzema to Firmino seems perfect. After that your CDMs are solid enough but since the rest of the team is pretty much maxed out I’d upgrade them. Modric is surely good and great value but there are better options, he isn’t that special imo but he does a good job for cheap. FDJ I haven’t tried but I find even CDMs with bad wf an issue sometimes.

I find Modric and De Jong good, I was hoping for a Zidane or Gullit yesterday for my prime icon pack but that was quite unrealistic!

If a SH Valverde or Partey came out I'd definitely be looking at one of them to replace De Jong. Tempted to try Base Zidane, again, the double 5* would be very helpful, but I can't see him being that much better than Modric. Not sure who else I could get with 900k to replace them though.
  • SomeNextGuy
    Still going well @newguy?
  • mypetfrog
    1866 posts Fans' Favourite

Really?
  • newguy
    Still going well @newguy?

@SomeNextGuy sorry I haven’t played a match since I dropped my mini review from the first few matches. Will let you know soon hopefully