Finally saved up enough for 90 Gullit and..

AznSW
1782 posts Fans' Favourite
Few days ago I could finally afford 90 Gullit for the first time this year. He’s been one of my fav player on fifa every year so was very excited to try him this WL.

It’s my worst WL start ever. I’m only a Elite 3/Gold 1 player but I usually win at least 8/10 first games. Now with 90 Gullit in my team I’m currently 4-6.

None of my passes work, shots go way wide, can’t switch properly.

Decided to put Gullit in my reserves and put back my 85 Blanc and team started working much better again and won 4 in a row with ease.

With pain in my heart I sold Gullit after only 25 games. ( 15 in Rivals / 10 in WL ).

Sold him for 70k profit and now I don’t even know if I want to upgrade my team anymore. :'(

Comments

• Delboy13710
    7812 posts League Winner
    I'm the same level as you e3/g1 . I've found with Gullit he needs to play more advanced . I take it you where playing him CDM ? Hes the best CAM in the game for me personally .
  • Estaban
    1175 posts Professional
    Every week I start different. 1-6, 6-1, 3-3 and I just end up at 17 wins.
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    Estaban wrote: »
    Every week I start different. 1-6, 6-1, 3-3 and I just end up at 17 wins.

Same as me.

You need to have Gullit in balanced. I sold him because I have red Tots KDB but think I might buy him back and pair them together.
  • AvalanJ
    695 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Let me guess he's behind the power curve which he shouldn't because these promo cards aren't capped properly and boosted to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ heaven.
  • Purplejacket
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    I bought him back as a 2nd cdm, hes monster man, you have to let him dominate ppl with his size and body ppl who come close to you, send him in runs behind the defense and use his body to move defenders away, maybe you rely on him too much of a ball carrier, hes not that.
  • Rossco160715
    2583 posts Fans' Favourite
    Or you get creative and don’t use 4231 like everyone else and find a formation that suits him.
  • Queens11
    2309 posts Fans' Favourite
    I few weeks back I upgraded to Toty messi , greisman and Ramos and had my worst wl ever lol
    I literally couldn’t make a simple pass and shots were absolutely random regardless of direction I pushed
    Simple facts are this game is pure garbage and the ai decides how your players perform not the stats on the card
  • Kaldmann_X
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's not Gullit's fault, trust me. So much psychology in fut, weird theories etc.
  • Swanz05
    2262 posts Fans' Favourite
    People keep complaining about one of the best midfielders in the game because they expect a 'game changer', 'match winner' or some other such voodoo tripe. He's not a god & he's not as good as last year but come on now.
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 27
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    People keep complaining about one of the best midfielders in the game because they expect a 'game changer', 'match winner' or some other such voodoo tripe. He's not a god & he's not as good as last year but come on now.

True. But also people expect him to score, tackle, dominate and be better than every player on the pitch. Yes he’s one of the best players on the game but he can only do what you ask him to do. He’s will only be as good as your skill and if you do the same with him as you do every other player he will do the same things. He won’t suddenly start scoring more because he’s in the team. You still have to get him to the positions of scoring. You still have to defend and get in the way of the ball.

Realistically if you’re not good at the game he’s not going to be worldly and justify the price tag. I’m average and it doesn’t matter who I use, I will still finish G2 and D5 with the same goal ratio in my players because I do the same things. I know this. Only way to improve the player output is to improve my game.
  • I got him recently in the mid icon pack and had him tradeable a few months ago. He's still great but doesn't have as much of an impact as he used to..mostly because there's so many good midfielders out there now.

Toty de Jong is another example
  • Bakudu76
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Go PIM or go home
  • Arsenalman
    1176 posts Professional
    Every time I come up against him he dominates me
  • AznSW
    1782 posts Fans' Favourite
    Renato Sanches is playing so much better than him atm. Beast in midfield.
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    You'd be aswell as just doing the Ndombele SBC. For some reason EA have made a piece of crap midfielder who has had a shocking season the best midfielder in the game.