Can I name and Shame

danielallen1410
211 posts Sunday League Hero
Someone who has scammed me in a challenge?

Comments

• greif44
    4137 posts National Call-Up
    No sir
  • danielallen1410
    Well where can I that people will see it?
  • greif44
    Reddit maybe
  • Retro1989
    5329 posts Big Money Move
    What kind of challenge?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16548 posts World Class
    Why what actually happened?
  • danielallen1410
    Lad wrote to me asking if we can do objectives, I said sure I need Mendy to score and assist and I win

He said ok no probs if you let me score 3 goals then I’ll let you win.

I said let me score my Mendy goal first so I did,

Then he scored 3 and basically then played normal and won the game 5-2
  • danielallen1410
    Messaged me giving me grief after. I’ve got his full name and birth year from his username
  • DannySTFC
    5209 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 22
    Messaged me giving me grief after. I’ve got his full name and birth year from his username

But literally what would be the point? Yeah, it sucks, but what do you expect to happen, the Fifa police will see it and go find him? Going to the effort of getting his name and DOB then finding somewhere online to post it is just as petty as what he’s done mate.
  • Stevo_CT
    3485 posts National Call-Up
    Mate, for the love of God, give it up. Move on. This forum has hit new lows lately.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    As annoying as it is.. you have to expect that with people asking for objectives.

Next time you agree to that, you get him to let you score as many goals as he needs..

He needs 4 goals? Ok he scores 4 own goals then or lets you score 4.
    If he doesn't agree then fk him and play as normal.

The way I see it is, the person asking for help with objectives needs to be the one to sacrifice the goals first, otherwise they can go fk themselves to hell and back.
  • Edge01
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Learn from this as it always happens. I turned off messaging a couple of months back and it's much better not having to deal with idiots.
  • greif44
    It's hardly can be called scam, things like that in FIFA you do on your own risk, mate.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16548 posts World Class
    Lad wrote to me asking if we can do objectives, I said sure I need Mendy to score and assist and I win

That's not a scam at all mate. It's bad sportsmanship which occurs a hell of alot in fifa but it's definitely not worthy of naming and shaming the guy.

Best to move onto the next match and put it behind you.
  • DannySTFC
    5209 posts Big Money Move
    Mate, for the love of God, give it up. Move on. This forum has hit new lows lately.

Exactly. Just as petty to chase things up like this as the person doing it in the first place.
  • Mossup
    1268 posts Professional
    If you need the win, I’d make sure you get a 5 nil lead in the future.
    Another example of toxicity in this community though.
  • ....this reminds me of the time I sold our Volvo

i was approached by dandy looking fellow chewing a toothpick

...he offered me a part exchange for a Dacia or 5 magic beans.....

Naturally i took the beans......yeah i scammed him good....
  • abhreebhu_45
    2059 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hv personally nvr faced such guys
  • Clemster
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    Had it happen to me few months back.I understand the frustration. It is very annoying.
  • PaulDr
    1860 posts Play-Off Hero
    That is the risk you take for entering that kind of arrangement which I think is against the rules anyway. It is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ behaviour by the other player but I wouldnt take the risk in the first place. I've blocked messaging on my xbox, too many juvenile players posting abuse.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16548 posts World Class
    PaulDr wrote: »
    That is the risk you take for entering that kind of arrangement which I think is against the rules anyway. It is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ behaviour by the other player but I wouldnt take the risk in the first place. I've blocked messaging on my xbox, too many juvenile players posting abuse.

That's not really an issue on PS4. I could count on one hand how many rage messages I've had this year and I've played like close to 3000 games.

There seems to be alot more kids on Xbox from what I've seen people saying.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional

That's not really an issue on PS4. I could count on one hand how many rage messages I've had this year and I've played like close to 3000 games.

I seem to remember it being a lot easier to msg on Xbox as opposed to ps4 you have to get the guys psn and then open up messaging, type it in etc.
    On Xbox you have a previously played players list that you can just click on and off you go..
    Well Xbox 360 you did, no idea about the new Xbox.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16548 posts World Class
    gregsii wrote: »

I seem to remember it being a lot easier to msg on Xbox as opposed to ps4 you have to get the guys psn and then open up messaging, type it in etc.
    On Xbox you have a previously played players list that you can just click on and off you go..

Yes that's a factor aswell. PS3 used to have a players met bit where you could message the last person you played easily but they took that away on PS4 probably to reduce toxicity.

If you have the app on your phone on PS4 though it's pretty easy to message them. I use that when I have a really good match with someone that attacks and doesn't PTB. It's always a good end to end match with people like that and I would send a friendly message regardless of the result. Though them games seem to be few and far between everyone just wants to be toxic in fifa now.
  • Ballerson
    747 posts Semi-Pro

It does suck. Best case it’s poor sportsmanship...speaking for myself, it’s happened to me a couple times...but let it be a lesson not to trust anyone in this game...so many people are mental and getting a win here or whatever puffs their self esteem — I’m sure its worse with covad. Something about the way ea has set up this game, the crazy gameplay, the comebacks — the commentators warning when a lead is about to be halved, the stupid insane physical element where people run you over or tackle from behind...etc etc..

Don’t feel badly, it’s happened to me and a lot of others...yes you get angry and rightfully the dude deserves a can of whoop gas...I don’t think you are being petty...You have every right to be upset — and yeah, name and shame him on reddit, why not...but don’t let his contagion become yours...
  • V l u m s d e n
    2346 posts Fans' Favourite
    Someone who has scammed me in a challenge?
    It would be pointless, just move on from this. There’s to many selfish gamers within fifa who lie just to benefit themselves. Always make sure you benefit from any objective you need first then if you aren’t bothered about results then all is well. Remember to not get timed out and press pause when messaging or just keep your messages to friends only.
  • Oweyman
    1205 posts Professional

I can't decide which is more tragic, the guy bothering to message you just to take the win or the fact you feel the need to name and shame someone on a forum, which he most probably isn't even a part of. :D

I think you take it this time though.
  • YidArmy
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yeh, as someone that used to be on XBOX in my younger years, the average age of a gamer is about 15, compared to about 25 on PS4. As someone mentioned, you have that recently met players tab on XBOX where you can immediately send a message to someone, makes abuse alot easier to receive or send!

Don't get much on PS4 either, it's defintely more of an XBOX problem with regards to abuse.
  • gregsii wrote: »

Yes that's a factor aswell. PS3 used to have a players met bit where you could message the last person you played easily but they took that away on PS4 probably to reduce toxicity.

If you have the app on your phone on PS4 though it's pretty easy to message them. I use that when I have a really good match with someone that attacks and doesn't PTB. It's always a good end to end match with people like that and I would send a friendly message regardless of the result. Though them games seem to be few and far between everyone just wants to be toxic in fifa now.

Think I got a rage message from you last WL
  • Iks
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had the same thing, 1 guy messaged me to ask me to let him do objectives and he would let me win.
    I said ok to be nice, dont really care about a free win.
    The guy scores his goals and then begins to waste time, I end up losing 3-2...

Tbh it is quite pathetic, didnt even message him as didnt think he deserved the attention.
    I felt stupid though, just wont let people do objectives ever, they can just play the games like every one else.

Best thing you can do imo
  • Pathetic but it’s not surprising. It’s just a game and people hiding behind a screen have no honour. I often wonder what happened to these people when they were growing up to make them so toxic on a football game
  • Mogga
    1959 posts Fans' Favourite
    I need to name and shame one of my opponents tonight

No idea what his tag was , twitch something or other but

Liverpool badge
    Team named after a man u player
    Man city strip

🤷