Worst weekend league finish yet, thank god that's it

futaddict79
1979 posts Fans' Favourite
Silver 2, I can take a weekend off from this ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I honestly dont know what's going on if it's my internet or what but I used to be a gold3/2 player and Its seems I'm not in control of my players half the time.

Is there a new meta tactic? Are people using ball overload, constant pressure? I thought they had all be nerfed.

Comments

• It's drop back 1 I'm same
  • stevotrueblue
    1126 posts Play-Off Hero
    Casuals are mostly gone, and everyone has full icon or tots squads,, therefore no more games were having better players get you easier wins.
  • I actually had a good weekend thought i was gonna get elite but the absolute bs of this game just screws you over the mistakes that cost me games that where out if my control where insane tbh.

Gold one with 2 games to spare so I gave them away if only I didn't get EA'ed in at least 5 games I would be finishing better. Henry hit the crossbar 4 times in one game ffs
  • TW1103
    3316 posts National Call-Up
    Silver 2, I can take a weekend off from this ❤️❤️❤️❤️, I honestly dont know what's going on if it's my internet or what but I used to be a gold3/2 player and Its seems I'm not in control of my players half the time.

Is there a new meta tactic? Are people using ball overload, constant pressure? I thought they had all be nerfed.

Exact same for me mate. I gave up at 10 wins. I just cba anymore man. 2 weeks ago, I was on 19 wins
  • futaddict79
    I actually had a good weekend thought i was gonna get elite but the absolute bs of this game just screws you over the mistakes that cost me games that where out if my control where insane tbh.

Gold one with 2 games to spare so I gave them away if only I didn't get EA'ed in at least 5 games I would be finishing better. Henry hit the crossbar 4 times in one game ffs

What's your team and ingame tactics, feel I need a change up, this is mine in game 442

ST TOTS NEYMAR (untradable)
    ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    RM TOTS OSIMHEN ( red pick)
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS
  • Amargaladaster26
    9876 posts Has That Special Something
    Why dont you switch Carlos and Mendy? Mendy has 5*WF.
  • I actually had a good weekend thought i was gonna get elite but the absolute bs of this game just screws you over the mistakes that cost me games that where out if my control where insane tbh.

What's your team and ingame tactics, feel I need a change up, this is mine in game 442

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

Y58U4xg.jpg
    4231 in game Henry Striker, Perisic in behind, Moura LAM, Mahrez RAM. Modric LCDM Ndombele RCDM and the rest is pretty much self explanatory.

Tactics are balanced 5,4 balanced 5,5,2,2
    Full back stay back, RCDM stay back cut passing lanes and cover centre LCDM the same but balanced. CAM balanced everything and free roam. Wide cams balanced everything and striker leave everything balanced but make him come back on defence.

If I could keep my concentration a bit better in certain games and counter the high pressure and mistakes it forces tour team to make I'd win alot more games
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional
    I actually had a good weekend thought i was gonna get elite but the absolute bs of this game just screws you over the mistakes that cost me games that where out if my control where insane tbh.

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

I’d be elite with that team for sure. Makes me a bit jealous when I see people with Mbappe Neymar Ronaldo but I literally can only use the cards I’m dealt.
  • futaddict79
    Why dont you switch Carlos and Mendy? Mendy has 5*WF.

Good shout
  • futaddict79

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

Y58U4xg.jpg
    4231 in game Henry Striker, Perisic in behind, Moura LAM, Mahrez RAM. Modric LCDM Ndombele RCDM and the rest is pretty much self explanatory.

Full back stay back, RCDM stay back cut passing lanes and cover centre LCDM the same but balanced. CAM balanced everything and free roam. Wide cams balanced everything and striker leave everything balanced but make him come back on defence.

If I could keep my concentration a bit better in certain games and counter the high pressure and mistakes it forces tour team to make I'd win alot more games

Might give it a go in rivals, was looking at replacing sanches with modric, would he play well at cdm or should I swap him out for a cam?

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

Y58U4xg.jpg

Might give it a go in rivals, was looking at replacing sanches with modric, would he play well at cdm or should I swap him out for a cam?

Modric is one of the best cdms I have used this year with an anchor he is just too good I haven't used sanchez tho. I literally love this team tbh Moura is the weak link and I'd love TOTSSF Ramos in there if I had the likes of TOTSSF Neymar and Gullit this team would be near perfect.

I don't believe team matters that much I beat loaded team's all the time it's actually learning to adapt and overcome the b's the game throws at you. I need to learn how to play better against people who press the whole game it forces me into mistakes
  • Riotiga
    879 posts Professional

100% similar lol. Went 9-0 but went downhill since. 20w with 2 remaining games I dont bother playing. The playerbase is severely smaller than the previous weeks I think. I met 3 different opponents twice this WL. Never happened before.
  • ASX
    3439 posts National Call-Up
    Terrible for me too, second week in a row.

Need one win for S1 then I'm done with this years fifa
  • PaulDr
    1859 posts Play-Off Hero
    13, the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ gets worse every weekend.
  • Chavez76
    7271 posts Big Money Move
    same here.. Never ended up so low ever since I started playing Didnt even make gold three.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6528 posts Big Money Move
    Worst for me too. I finished 14-15, with 4 disconnections (4 losses) and horrible gameplay, especially on friday and saturday.
    The highlight was a match I lost 0-6 (!), where i had 18 shots and my opponent just 6.
    Also 8 corners for me and 0 for my opponent.
    :s
  • JWNYsg
    3539 posts National Call-Up
    i also focus more time on the Mendy objective. 22 games takes a chunk of time

finished with 13 wins for WL.
  • HeronnnnnnN
    425 posts Sunday League Hero
    Exact same scenario for me, everything was horrendous. Passing, turning, dribbling, first touch, shooting inside the box. Everything just went to mush
  • Ballist1x
    3900 posts National Call-Up
    I skipped this one thankfully, didn't see the value in the rewards
  • JWNYsg
    Ballist1x wrote: »

in theory you could still get a TOTS. but you didnt miss much bro
  • Jonboyparker
    6432 posts Big Money Move
    Ballist1x wrote: »

I skipped this one too for 3 reasons. It’s a guaranteed 93 Mendy from Rivals, Theres too much trash in WL rewards to hit and the DC’s have ruined the mode for me. How can I get personal satisfaction from the game when EA are taking games from me each weekend? There’s no motivation to improve and I don’t play for rewards anyway
  • Del654
    1038 posts Professional
    Do you quit out of WL matches when you are losing?
  • YidArmy
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

I’d be elite with that team for sure. Makes me a bit jealous when I see people with Mbappe Neymar Ronaldo but I literally can only use the cards I’m dealt.

Do you actually believe that? I've seen you comment about struggling for G2...the team you have makes such a small difference to where you rank. I think this was my sixth WL and ive had x5 G2's and x1 G1. I know that's my level and no matter what team I have thats my limit. I did it with a basic Gold team on my first run (against fully stacked TOTS teams) and with subsequent upgrades I'm still the same. This a not a dig at you, just pointing out if you're spending money on this game or chasing down better cards as you believe it'll magically get you from struggling for G2 to Elite....then please stop believing that!
  • GoonerDude81
    1007 posts Professional
    YidArmy wrote: »

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

Do you actually believe that? I've seen you comment about struggling for G2...the team you have makes such a small difference to where you rank. I think this was my sixth WL and ive had x5 G2's and x1 G1. I know that's my level and no matter what team I have thats my limit. I did it with a basic Gold team on my first run (against fully stacked TOTS teams) and with subsequent upgrades I'm still the same. This a not a dig at you, just pointing out if you're spending money on this game or chasing down better cards as you believe it'll magically get you from struggling for G2 to Elite....then please stop believing that!

I have to disagree dude. First time this week I got two OP cards Benzema and Perisic. I jump from 11-17 wins in WL, which is quite the jump. The players really do make the difference.
  • Oweyman
    1205 posts Professional

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

Stop kidding yourself. If you haven't had elite before, you aren't suddenly going to get it just because you have a better team, there is far more to it than just that.
  • JWNYsg
    Del654 wrote: »
    Do you quit out of WL matches when you are losing?

no. even if i am losing by 10 goals
  • YidArmy
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 22

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

I have to disagree dude. First time this week I got two OP cards Benzema and Perisic. I jump from 11-17 wins in WL, which is quite the jump. The players really do make the difference.

Okay it gets worse. You're getting Silver 1 finishes too? There is no way on earth upgrading your team can take you you from a Silver 1 player / G3 to Elite. There are plenty of people here that hit Elite regularly and would tell you the same. Hopefully some of them pick up on this thread.

To get Elite (23-7), every time you win and then win again you start playing higher tier oppenents that are also winning 6, 7, 8 games in a row.
  • kraid
    5769 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 22

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

Okay it gets worse. You're getting G3 finishes too? There is no way on earth upgrading your team can take you you from a G3 player, sometimes G2 to Elite. There are plenty of people here that hit Elite regularly and would tell you the same. Hopefully some of them pick up on this thread.

To get Elite (23-7), every time you win and then win again you start playing higher tier oppenents that are also winning 6, 7, 8 games in a row.

The jump from gold to consistent elite is huge. Your team may get you an extra couple wins if it’s amazing, the team that was mentioned isn’t, but it’s not gonna push you from g2 to elite. There’s many threads saying the same thing.

Hopefully @GoonerDude81 gets a few good pack pulls and can feel the disappointment himself 🤣
  • Amargaladaster26
    9876 posts Has That Special Something

ST SS RONALDO
    LM NIF MBAPPE
    CM RENATO SANCHES
    CM FB ALLAN
    LB 89 MENDY
    CB FB MILITAO
    CB MOMENTS RAMOS
    RB BASE CARLOS
    GK VDS

Nah. The difference between E3 and even G1 is massive, just players won’t help you in thay. I have no problems getting G1 and yet I got E3 only once this year.
  • cantonagod
    1022 posts Professional
    I jut cannot understand why a opponent changing to HP/team press tactics can have the efect it does on your own team.
    Gameplay goes sluggish (can sort of understand that) but my players just turning into scarecrows, being badly out of position, cant pass any more, stumbling around the pitch, etc, etc the list goes on! - i cannot understand and it needs fixing by EA - but i guess it wont now because all the techs will be doing their best to make FIFA 21 the same as 20....