Do your part and sign the UK lootboxes petition. Almost 28000. Keep going

Comments

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    Mossup wrote: »
    Nearly 30,000 signatures now.
    Has anyone seen this on reddit or does anyone know of any ‘content creators’ discussing it?

Lots of content creators are now discussing this and posting links to the petition

Is big Bateson on board yet?? lol.

He's quite the opposite. Was banning people last night that posted the link in his comments. To be expected though.
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    Has anyone seen this on reddit or does anyone know of any ‘content creators’ discussing it?

Lots of content creators are now discussing this and posting links to the petition

He's quite the opposite. Was banning people last night that posted the link in his comments. To be expected though.

He knows he’s finished if the government do something about this menace that’s why. He’s no better than the local drug dealer getting kids hooked on gambling whilst making himself a fortune of money.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    gregsii wrote: »
    jplumber wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    You guys know that when FP die, then so does FUT?

Nah, they'll find a different way of having people put real $ in as an alternative to grinding to get better cards. They'll sell CR7 for $500 or something like that

Good luck with that. In what world are consumers living in in which they are willing to pay 500 dollars for a digital item that’s not worth anything outside its confined environment and which you have to renew every year? I hope to god that ea will fall flat on their faces if they try anything as ridiculous as that

To be honest, at least you'd know what you'd be getting.
    CR7... for 500 dollars. It's not gambling it's just a straight up fee.
    Still pay to win yeah and crap but not gambling like it is now.

He was being sarcastic. People already do exactly that with FUT every year, pay $500+++ for a digital item not worth anything that has to be renewed every year.
  • Mossup
    1385 posts Professional
    Nelly(got bored) has just posted a video on this.
    Makes some good points.
  • Retropoe82
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero

He likes his fifa points
  • Dixie81
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Done. Now over 30200 signatures
  • Hoopsterz
    3650 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2020
    We managed to get God to sign it yet.. that God guy seemed to have a link to him so that we could get him involved.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    This has slowed right down... Thought with all the YouTubers involved that the 100k would have come quite fast.
    Guessing either lots of people don't care or dont want any change.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    This has slowed right down... Thought with all the YouTubers involved that the 100k would have come quite fast.

The changes will be happening regardless of this petition mate. The UK government is already looking into this and it's expected that loot boxes will be banned as they're harmful for kids. Can't see any scenario where they look at the evidence and think it's fine to continue.

The head of the NHS mental health team is even saying these loot boxes are teaching kids bad habits and basically teaching them to gamble and have addictions.

Look at all the promos EA have been putting out the last 2 years. It's pretty much been constant promos. There's barely been a week that some sort of promo isn't running. EA know the end is near and are milking every last penny. Other games have already made the transition away from loot boxes. Loot boxes are morally wrong and now everyone is seeing this. Can't wait for them to be banned and let's hope it happens before 21 is released.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional

The changes will be happening regardless of this petition mate. The UK government is already looking into this and it's expected that loot boxes will be banned as they're harmful for kids. Can't see any scenario where they look at the evidence and think it's fine to continue.

The head of the NHS mental health team is even saying these loot boxes are teaching kids bad habits and basically teaching them to gamble and have addictions.

Look at all the promos EA have been putting out the last 2 years. It's pretty much been constant promos. There's barely been a week that some sort of promo isn't running. EA know the end is near and are milking every last penny. Other games have already made the transition away from loot boxes. Loot boxes are morally wrong and now everyone is seeing this. Can't wait for them to be banned and let's hope it happens before 21 is released.

I see
    https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/01/countrys-top-mental-health-nurse-warns-video-games-pushing-young-people-into-under-the-radar-gambling/

Still 6 months and no action yet! Chop chop government, I know covid been about but come on boys and girls.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class

I see
    https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/01/countrys-top-mental-health-nurse-warns-video-games-pushing-young-people-into-under-the-radar-gambling/

Still 6 months and no action yet! Chop chop government, I know covid been about but come on boys and girls.

Think the government was to review all the evidence last week and they were reviewing it for the whole week. Not sure how long a decision will take but it's going to happen eventually. Covid could potentially slow things down a bit all the same.
  • Mossup
    1385 posts Professional
    Bump
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bump
  • Mossup
    1385 posts Professional
    Bump
  • TDOF
    9002 posts League Winner
    Wonder how long it takes for the government to respond, 4 days without one so far
  • It's on 34k now, still a ways to go 😬 need a famous person to mention it
  • DaMMian
    2584 posts Fans' Favourite
    I doubt it has any chance of success. Those who sign these petitions make up a small percentage of players who play fifa.
    If something like that were on a global scale, it would have a better chance of success but good luck
  • Azof
    21447 posts Club Captain
    TDOF wrote: »
    just realised the government responds after 10k signatures and this is almost on 30k, wonder what they even respond with

Don't be surprised if the response is "it won't be considered as its not a valid petition"

From their own rules

"British citizens and UK residents can then sign your petition — and can only sign a petition once."

• Blackpoolmonster
    5026 posts Big Money Move
    DaMMian wrote: »
    I doubt it has any chance of success. Those who sign these petitions make up a small percentage of players who play fifa.
    If something like that were on a global scale, it would have a better chance of success but good luck

Only needs a small percentage to bring it to the attention of the right people.

• Bags
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    Signed. Lets keep it going guys
  • Gazmac_868
    2895 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's on 34k now, still a ways to go 😬 need a famous person to mention it

See if Jamie Bateson is available will you mate??
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2020
    Now at 35000 and Nelly is behind the petition
  • KilleenSweep
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    Up.
  • bartsch88
    764 posts Semi-Pro
    Now at 35000 and Nelly is behind the petition

Nelly is Canadian, kind of redundant for him to support this. Only impact would be to help advertise it.
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2020
    jplumber wrote: »
    Clancy wrote: »
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    You guys know that when FP die, then so does FUT?

Nah, they'll find a different way of having people put real $ in as an alternative to grinding to get better cards. They'll sell CR7 for $500 or something like that

Good luck with that. In what world are consumers living in in which they are willing to pay 500 dollars for a digital item that’s not worth anything outside its confined environment and which you have to renew every year? I hope to god that ea will fall flat on their faces if they try anything as ridiculous as that

To be honest, at least you'd know what you'd be getting.
    CR7... for 500 dollars. It's not gambling it's just a straight up fee.
    Still pay to win yeah and crap but not gambling like it is now.

Calm down.Noone can dare to require 500dollars for a trash virtual item that has a few months usage.

Gambling mechanics make people throw their money to FUT.Not the cards themselves.

From my experience with other very popular online games,it would be 50dollars max.

And without "surpsise mechanics" people will lose their intrest on FUT if that time comes.

Then Ea will understand that the only way remains to keep the intrest is making a good game.
  • Moe_86
    1733 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2020
    Do you know why EA didn’t remove this thread until now ???
    Because for sure they removed the fifa point and replaced it with something different,
    Just saying
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2020
    double post sorry*
  • BondJame5Collins
    2716 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wanted to comment on this article but couldn't so i'm posting now.

Fifa Points aren't the problem, the price of them is. Without Fifa Points, players in the UK would be at a huge disadvantage. Moreover, if FP were banned worldwide, it would be the end of Ultimate Team. EA won't put any effort into a gamemode that no longer brings in money.

The issue is the price of them, 12k FP should not cost £80, its ridiculous. The only way to move forward is to massively reduce the price, i'd say £20-25 for 12k FP is fair. This way:

- Those who are P2P can still do so without going into their overdraft.
    - EA still get rich and still have incentive to put content.
  • Rich2015
    332 posts Sunday League Hero

Fifa Points aren't the problem, the price of them is. Without Fifa Points, players in the UK would be at a huge disadvantage. Moreover, if FP were banned worldwide, it would be the end of Ultimate Team. EA won't put any effort into a gamemode that no longer brings in money.

The issue is the price of them, 12k FP should not cost £80, its ridiculous. The only way to move forward is to massively reduce the price, i'd say £20-25 for 12k FP is fair. This way:

Nonsense

It's gambling and children play it

I have a better idea....if you want to put gambling in then make it 18 plus

I find it disgusting that EA have that BLM thing in game yet they are harming CHILDREN with predatory practices that are gambling and are not concerned whatsoever

• BondJame5Collins
    2716 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rich2015 wrote: »

Nonsense

It's gambling and children play it

I have a better idea....if you want to put gambling in then make it 18 plus

I find it disgusting that EA have that BLM thing in game yet they are harming CHILDREN with predatory practices that are gambling and are not concerned whatsoever

I agree to a certain extent, but that's down to the parents, they should be monitoring there child finances.

Yes, it's gambling, but its part of the mode, if you don't like it, don't play it. I don't get why so many to these TOTSSF SBCs and then moan about getting Oblak. Yes, EA manipulate the pack weight, but we all know this, be smart, don't do the SBCs if you don't have the fodder.

The biggest issue is EAs greed, like i said, £80 for 12k Fifa points (which isn't even that much) is criminal. As a starting point in bridging the gap between EA and the end user, reducing the price should be the starting point.