OTW Ben Yedder is a fraud!

rikstar
212 posts Sunday League Hero
edited June 18
Been grinding Mendy objectives and got to the one where you have to score a goal from outside the box with a french player who has min 5* weak foot and 4* skills in 2 separate games.
I didn't have anyone in my club who fitted that criteria so had to buy someone. That someone was OTW Ben Yedder. I don't have enough coins to buy anybody better.

In 15 games that i have used him he has scored 0 from outside the box and 5 from inside. I have been trying to force him to shoot from outside the box constantly from either a CAM role or ST but he is so bad from outside the box.

I have played so many games just trying to get these 2 goals that i have already played enough games to get the 89 version of mendy as well as still using the 87 version.

Might just stop there. Don't think i am ever going to score from outside the box ever.

Comments

• o0OainavO0o
    2520 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just hit some long shots into the corner with mendy 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Destin8or
    1353 posts Professional
    Even the tots isn't great outside the box, it's not his strength.
    I avoided using him all year as I don't agree with yedder having OP cards, but I had to wilt when I packed him untradable, he's lethal inside the box.
  • hiya
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    i just messaged first 3 people i played and they let me do the cross and the outside of the box goal and i let them win.

rubber banding the next 9 games as we speak.

so boring even though i'm not playing it or even looking at it.
  • newguy
    2071 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maybe because he has a low long shots stat?
  • Jordi93
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ben Yedder TOTS is my rat in the box, always finds a way. Long shots are hard enough with any player after the last few patches. Try de bruyne or PIM Nedved, they seem to work very well for me
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    Boost Mendy with finisher, play him at CAM and pray someone helps you. I luckily had 1 person who saw I was spamming long shots all game with Mendy and then took pity and moved their keeper, plus then I got a lucky with a first time shot a couple of games later.
  • Mackie17
    8467 posts League Winner
    I used mendy as ST and got it in 2 games with chips on the counter
  • Mmandras
    3417 posts National Call-Up
    Longshots are terrible. Good luck scoring against TOTS Oblak!

I was lucky to complete objective in couple of tries with Birthday Lemar, helped a few with their objectives.

With 89 it's going to be tough, scoring and assisting + win.
  • hiya
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Longshots are terrible. Good luck scoring against TOTS Oblak!

I was lucky to complete objective in couple of tries with Birthday Lemar, helped a few with their objectives.

With 89 it's going to be tough, scoring and assisting + win.

yeah, i just got the 89.
    i'm hoping if i make a start now, some people are just playing their X amount of games with the 85 and 87 so either dont want to win or (like i did) just put the controller down.
  • Izzy2K17
    12019 posts Has That Special Something
    FB Lemar >>>
  • ComptonLAX94
    2744 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scored a beautiful long shot with the card. 2 outside the box goals in 2 games B)
  • BadSeedsFC
    1341 posts Professional
    Cheddar is not good from long range. His strengths are keeping all the weird rebounds from defenders tallers and strongest than him. And wearing a mustache like Cantinflas.

If you want to score from outside the box you got to point to another type of cheese. I've heard that Gruyere is OP. That Swiss beast.
  • rukawai
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    I used normal gold dembele and FB griezmann... for the long shots outside the box
  • cantonagod
    787 posts Semi-Pro
    Birthday Griez did this for me no worries with his finesse shots - recommend him mate if you can magic up the coins
  • Jordi93
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Queens11 wrote: »
    Jordi93 wrote: »
    Ben Yedder TOTS is my rat in the box, always finds a way. Long shots are hard enough with any player after the last few patches. Try de bruyne or PIM Nedved, they seem to work very well for me

De bruyne or nedved are not french

I’m talking about long shots smart alec.
  • RedRogue
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    OTW Ben Yedder is still class, But he’s not for long shots.
    He’s amazing at close range finishing.
    FUT Birthday Griezmann is your man as a few people have already mentioned.
  • Neil_14
    789 posts Semi-Pro
    Mendy has a great long shot tbf, score 1 pure power shot on basic, added dead eye chem and scored finesse on the next game. 3 games in total to get the 3 crosses and 2 goals. Now I can relax until the rest of the 12 games are up.
  • Retropoe82
    1321 posts Play-Off Hero
    Massive tip low driven full power! Thank me later
  • rikstar
    Thanks for the tips guys. Given up on these objectives. Played all 12 games needed to collect the 89 versions all without scoring or assisting with the 87 version. Too much effort for such little reward. Sticking with 89 versions and getting on with my life.
  • hiya
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    just message whoever you're playing (on your phone using the app).
    there is some alright people out there :)

also just have mendy at LW and a tall ST (for heading - i used SBC aduriz) and all you should be doing is going for the cross...forget about winning or scoring any other way.
  • GTaylor
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    His TOTS got the job done for me in 2 games. Lethal.
  • rikstar
    Already got rid of his 87 version now. I tried for about 4 hours today trying to get him to score and assist with crosses but only managed 1 cross in over 10 games so gave up. Put him at LW, CAM and ST but all my opponents were trying their hardest to stop him from getting the ball. Even after i was losing in some games 4 or 5 nil, my opponents would not help. So if that is what this community is like then so be it. I can still get some use out of his 89 version.
  • hiya
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    GTaylor wrote: »

good tip. really useful.
  • GTaylor
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    hiya wrote: »
    GTaylor wrote: »

good tip. really useful.

Happy to be of service