Prime Icon SBC and why I would never do one.

fatELVIS77
144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Who here refuses to ever do one of these random Icon SBCs in the fear of packing a player from a rival club? I know I won't be. As a United fan, I would be devastated to turn in an 88 rated team to pack Gerrard or Barnes, and i'm sure every Liverpool fan would be fuming to get a Roy Keane. Am I taking loyalty too far here or do others feel the same?

Comments

• SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2020
    There aren't any Sheffield Wednesday icons so I'm all good! The only icon on the game that has played for us was awful for us as he was coming to the end of his career. Top player in his day but isn't generally liked by our fans.
  • fatELVIS77
    There aren't any Sheffield Wednesday icons so I'm all good! The only icon on the game that has played for us was awful for us as he was coming to the end of his career. Top player in his day but isn't generally liked by our fans.

Sorry but who was that?
  • SomeNextGuy
    fatELVIS77 wrote: »

Sorry but who was that?

Ian Rush.
  • fatELVIS77
    Well I never knew that. I mean Sean Bean is a Sheffield United Legend right?
  • SomeNextGuy

Yeah, used to be quality for us, widely regarded as our best ever player.
  • fatELVIS77

Until he got his head chopped off lol. But you know what I mean, if for instance there was a chance of packing potentially 6 Sheffield Wednesday players would you do it?
  • Amargaladaster26
    10718 posts Has That Special Something

Shame he dies in most of the movies though.
  • hiya
    2004 posts Fans' Favourite
    chris waddle and david hirst for perfect link
  • fatELVIS77
    He actually does! LOTR? think he gets his head chopped off in that too. Ronin he's just a bit of a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in that. Can't think of any other movies he's done.
  • yosef167
    3256 posts National Call-Up
    Who here refuses to ever do one of these random Icon SBCs in the fear of packing a player from a rival club? I know I won't be. As a United fan, I would be devastated to turn in an 88 rated team to pack Gerrard or Barnes, and i'm sure every Liverpool fan would be fuming to get a Roy Keane. Am I taking loyalty too far here or do others feel the same?

my first Icon pack was Gerrard
    i am united fan!
    quick sold
    ao.lets say i lost a 88 rated squad for nothing.
  • SomeNextGuy

Until he got his head chopped off lol. But you know what I mean, if for instance there was a chance of packing potentially 6 Sheffield Wednesday players would you do it?

Wouldn't personally be too bothered to be honest. Not that they'd have anyone worth using though... 😂

Chris Waddle could be good I guess.
  • fatELVIS77

Wouldn't personally be too bothered to be honest. Not that they'd have anyone worth using though... 😂

Chris Waddle could be good I guess.

Never let him take penalties
  • fatELVIS77
    yosef167 wrote: »

my first Icon pack was Gerrard
    i am united fan!
    quick sold
    ao.lets say i lost a 88 rated squad for nothing.

Exactly and that is why Icon SBCs need to be back in this game, let me work towards George Best and not randomly get Gerrard.
  • Azof
    19880 posts Club Captain
    I imagine most reasonable people wouldn't be annoyed at a virtual card from a rival club
  • Zalisis
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The reason I'd never do it is that at this stage (and I certainly don't have an amazing team) there's probably only 10 or so Prime icons that would improve my team, and about another 10 at a push who could get into my team (three of which I already own untradable in Zanetti, Zambrotta and Essien).

The others would be junk, and these remaining 65 or so have a much higher pack weight.

Chance if me getting a Prime Icon who would actually be worthwhile? 10% at the absolute most.
  • fatELVIS77
    Azof wrote: »
    I imagine most reasonable people wouldn't be annoyed at a virtual card from a rival club

You have the chuckle brothers as your profile picture, which means I cannot take anything you say seriously, to me to you.
  • fatELVIS77
    Zalisis wrote: »
    The reason I'd never do it is that at this stage (and I certainly don't have an amazing team) there's probably only 10 or so Prime icons that would improve my team, and about another 10 at a push who could get into my team (three of which I already own untradable in Zanetti, Zambrotta and Essien).

The others would be junk, and these remaining 65 or so have a much higher pack weight.

Chance if me getting a Prime Icon who would actually be worthwhile? 10% at the absolute most.

Agree, i have watched many YT videos and all they have packed is trash.
  • rikstar
    551 posts Semi-Pro
    Did my first ever icon sbc and after handing over almost all of my highest rated players i had left in my club i pulled 90 rated Roy Keane. Even though i am a united supporter, he is just not what i would have wanted. Put him straight into Perisic sbc. First and last icon sbc for me.
  • erdhfdsjh
    714 posts An Exciting Prospect

What is your reason for this loyalty? It's a voluntary one sided relationship based on seemingly just feelings.
  • NucksNation
    4341 posts National Call-Up

Hear you dude..
    Or Henry/ pires.. Gerard is immediate discard
  • fatELVIS77

Hear you dude..
    Or Henry/ pires.. Gerard is immediate discard

I mean the list is endless! Lampard, Drogba etc etc
  • Liamalone
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    Taking 'loyalty' way too far OP. Its only a game btw.
  • GTaylor
    1068 posts Professional
    Azof wrote: »

100% wrong if you are a true fan of your club. Last year I packed Lampard from an SBC, recycled him within minutes into someone else. Refused to do Rooney this year no matter how good he looked. Fortunately because Derby are pretty ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this usually isn't an issue I find myself with.
  • SanderFC
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    Liamalone wrote: »
    Taking 'loyalty' way too far OP. Its only a game btw.

Or some people simply don't enjoy using players they dislike IRL, just like you might prefer having a player in your squad based on you being a fan of that player IRL. If I had packed Luis Suarez from the LaLiga SBC, I don't think I would enjoy having him in my squad based on his actions during his career no matter how many goals he would score for me. Quick selling would go too far but I would have submitted him in another SBC for sure.

Another example, I got prime Matthaus from the SBC yesterday yet already have prime Essien for that position; while Matthaus is way better in the games I played with him so far, I consider putting Essien back into my team as I love that season 2007/08 nostalgia he brings for me.

It is indeed a game, and some ways of playing it give more enjoyment than others.