The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• Farlz
    9567 posts League Winner
    Quite enjoyed not having the stress and misery of Villa every week for the past 3 months :unamused:
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited June 2020
    Could change when I wake up on Saturday, but feel like it's going to be harder to properly care about this next run of games.

Just had a massive break so the intensity won't be there, and obviously not being able to go to any games either. Especially if we don't get minimum 4 Points out of the Brentford and Leeds games first up, because it'll mean the next 7 won't matter that much anyway.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2020
    O’Connell injured :'( will be a huge miss
  • Lard_Lad
    No fleck either, will take a draw now.
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    Just listening to the Government press conference - Some fans back in stadiums for the new season.  :smiley:
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4370 posts National Call-Up
    Kebab ordered. Beer in hand. FM20 with an 03/04 database on the go. Fully prepared for the return of football.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    What an absolute treat this is after 100 days off, absolutely riveting stuff.
  • Hicksy2011
    18757 posts World Class
    That was 100% over the line
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Apparently even Goal-line Technology is a fraud now along with VAR. Good to know.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    What an absolute treat this is after 100 days off, absolutely riveting stuff.

Wait for the Bournemouth/Palace game on the BBC at the weekend.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    What an absolute joke that is, surely there has to be some recourse in the event of technology failure. Watch the jammy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ go on and win now.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Surprised Lard hasn't been on here already talking about a conspiracy to keep Sheff. Utd out of europe.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2020
    Honestly what an absolute farce.

We’ve seen all the emotion of the game eroded over the last few seasons as these ‘advances’ have been brought in, and we’re supposed to be ok with it in the basis that the right decision gets made instead, and it’s a shambles.

Modern football just depresses me.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Back with an awful 0-0. Football's back everyone. Well worth the 90 minute build-up Sky gave it.
  • Lard_Lad
    Surprised Lard hasn't been on here already talking about a conspiracy to keep Sheff. Utd out of europe.

I didn’t want to say but......
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    It's interesting though. Because as soon as it happened I said to my Brother who I was watching with that goal-line technology is always right so it must have been half an inch not over the line or whatever- because up until now it has been faultless.

And obviously now you're going to have doubts over the decisions made with it, especially for a really close one. At least for a while.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

I didn’t want to say but......

There's a Brexit joke in there somewhere, but my mind is officially numb after watching that game.
  • Lard_Lad
    Was a shocking game that. Was never going to be a thriller, would have taken the point before the game but that decision is farcical. They’ve basically admitted that goal line technology wasn’t switch on in the first half and that apparently Michael Oliver’s watched buzzed for a goal at halftime.

Like you say Goal line technology has never got it wrong but it clearly did there and there could genuinely cost us Europe.
  • Farlz
    9567 posts League Winner
    oo what a classic, I've really missed football
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    David Luiz on a Free will be such a West Ham signing (if they stay up).
  • They Caged Non
    6492 posts Big Money Move
    I’m more concerned about 17 unread comments, that’s more comments than we have had in the last 4 months :D
  • They Caged Non
    That disallowed goal was an absolute joke.. how are they so bad at using tech, it’s like my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ mam on her phone
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m more concerned about 17 unread comments, that’s more comments than we have had in the last 4 months :D

And not one of them about horseradish
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »

And not one of them about horseradish

Could have done with a bit of that there, might have woken that lad up
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited June 2020
    Didn't even know the L2 Play-Offs started tomorrow until Sky flashed an Ad up.
  • Lard_Lad
  • Alastair
    10260 posts Moderator
    @Lard_Lad Isn't the only stat that matters if VAR made the correct decision? If that's 14 correct decisions then what's the issue with it?
  • Lard_Lad
    But so many haven’t been correct decisions, that’s the problem.

Lundstram was given offside for a toe nail, the technology isn’t accurate enough to no for sure that was offside.

That doesn’t include last nights goal either.
  • AaronMFC
    2231 posts Fans' Favourite
    The problem isnt var its the people using it and in the cases of some handball goals the rule itself. Yesterday was the goal line technology though how bizarre its taken this long for there to be a flaw in it. DRS in cricket is flawed as well.