Summer Heat....teaser

Comments

• DannySTFC
    5209 posts Big Money Move
    Actually looking forward to this, hoping that they don’t mess it up. We need outside the box thinking, not just a promo with 23 man squad, a couple of SBCs and a couple of objectives.

I want to see things like, do this SBC for an 88 rated card. Score a certain amount of goals with this card and he’ll go up to 90, assist a further amount and he’ll go to 92, win a certain amount with him scoring and he’ll go to 94 end game card. Not just ‘here’s an SBC’ or ‘here’s an objective’ I’d like to see them combined, think of new ways to approach promos. Similar to the future stars academy players, break the routine we have promo after promo and mix it up to keep us actually playing and interested.
  • oldboiler
    3387 posts National Call-Up
    Unless it’s already been leaked I can’t see this having a new promo squad at all. As greedy as EA are I’d be surprised after TOTS

It definetly sounds like re-released promo cards / SBCs with performance based challenges to upgrade. EA are probably using this promo to test the concept before 21
  • Neil_14
    1073 posts Professional
    Sykotic wrote: »
    Hoping that Bernardo Silva Moments is upgradable, been in my team throughout TOTS despite all the boosted cards.

Also Mendy Summer Heat probably the only card that can budge Alex Sandro from my side.

Great shout, love Bernardo Silva.
  • Chavez76
    7321 posts Big Money Move
    oldboiler wrote: »
    Unless it’s already been leaked I can’t see this having a new promo squad at all. As greedy as EA are I’d be surprised after TOTS

It definetly sounds like re-released promo cards / SBCs with performance based challenges to upgrade. EA are probably using this promo to test the concept before 21

I'd think best would be some kind of an SBC to get that 'base' card (even in packs maybe, and than upgrade via (dcent!) onbjectives?
  • Jobiwan
    3776 posts National Call-Up
    I hope theres a way to upgrade my ss mbabu. Probably my favourite card this year...
  • Oweyman
    1205 posts Professional
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Actually looking forward to this, hoping that they don’t mess it up. We need outside the box thinking, not just a promo with 23 man squad, a couple of SBCs and a couple of objectives.

I want to see things like, do this SBC for an 88 rated card. Score a certain amount of goals with this card and he’ll go up to 90, assist a further amount and he’ll go to 92, win a certain amount with him scoring and he’ll go to 94 end game card. Not just ‘here’s an SBC’ or ‘here’s an objective’ I’d like to see them combined, think of new ways to approach promos. Similar to the future stars academy players, break the routine we have promo after promo and mix it up to keep us actually playing and interested.

This is the kind of thing they've needed to bring into the game for years. A way to grind and upgrade specific players.
  • JWNYsg
    3565 posts National Call-Up
    Guys. Maybe it’s new cards being released but in those forms. Not old cards that are upgraded
  • Burchy
    1316 posts Professional
    Curve ball.... what if it’s just 1 popular card from each promo like OTW etc

With the challenges and objectives to upgrade it.

Who would you want for each card?
  • abhreebhu_45
    2059 posts Fans' Favourite
    TW1103 wrote: »
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Winter refresh,, shapeshifter,, headliner,, otw,, totw
    + CONMEBOL Libertadores Man of the Match

No,,, no more of those 😂

We love a CONMEBOL card

😂,,, no,, no
  • abhreebhu_45
    2059 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mogga wrote: »
    most of mine have gone into SBCs at some point over the last month.
    still got
    futmas delph
    HL james
    Scream Chong
    Refresh Ake
    futmas rousillon
    futmas sanches
    ss zakaria
    bday cordoba
    hl orsic
    hl abraham
    bday pope
    otw lukaku
    bday bakayoko
    hl plea

so hopefully a few to go at

I have bellarabi n bakayoko only
    Don't think they will b upgrades though
  • barryw
    2199 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hmm should I buy WR Zlatan? 🤔🤔🤔
  • Rajarshi_CFC
    831 posts Professional
    Winter Refresh card in a Summer Heat Promo 🥵
  • Chavez76
    7321 posts Big Money Move
    Burchy wrote: »

Might be,would still be intersting though!
    I defo do not expect all cards to be upgradeable from all promo's. It will be a selection.
  • Burchy
    1316 posts Professional
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    Burchy wrote: »

Might be,would still be intersting though!
    I defo do not expect all cards to be upgradeable from all promo's. It will be a selection.

Imagine WBY... can upgrade him all the way to his totssf card!

That’s how Fifa should go in future... the more you play with the card completing objectives etc the more it gets upgraded! But don’t make it easy. Make it a grind!

You want the best card you got to work for it
  • hiya
    1804 posts Play-Off Hero
    why do people suddenly think they're going to start giving us players for free lol

or upgrade our bad lower rated cards for a better version of the same player?

• JWNYsg
    3565 posts National Call-Up
    Alex Hunter will come back
  • BuZuS
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    ... that'd actually be awesome.
  • Bakudu76
    2976 posts National Call-Up
    Where dies the hype come from ?
    My guess is just a simple rerelease of all those cards
  • Moe_86
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    Where dies the hype come from ?
    My guess is just a simple rerelease of all those cards

This ☝️
  • GrasuXXL
    270 posts Sunday League Hero

60 balance 70 composure, unusable brah ;)
  • Ishibum
    15006 posts World Class
    It'll be annoying if they upgrade old cards without making them available again. So many people will have fired in old futmas cards and the like into SBCs as nothing has ever been done with those cards before (so no reason to expect to keep them).

• GariverSt
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 17
    If they fire up old cards, they will have to make them obtainable again.

My prediction is, the first batch of cards back in packs (as outlined on the loading screens). And upgrades for a small selection of cards via objectives and SBCs. This will probably include futmas Mendy.
  • Kaldmann_X
    412 posts Sunday League Hero

I think that's the worst EA can do.
  • BuZuS
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    GrasuXXL wrote: »
    60 balance 70 composure, unusable brah ;)
    I don't care if I end up Div10 with 0 skill points, if they release Alex I'll start him every single game to the end of FIFA20 :+1:
  • Quase
    247 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 17
    I could need an LM/LF from Bundesliga. OTW 89 Coutinho is still in my starting 11 and he urgently needs an upgrade or replacement, but there are no better in BuLi.

I still have a few of these cards in question. Out of my head, there are HL Plea, WR Bernat, HL Smalling and some random Conmebol special cards. I only need an LM/LF from the Bundesliga though. I somehow doubt EA will upgrade any of these cards, but simply re-release them and put out some new Summer Heat cards on top. How does a nice 90+ Summer Heat LM/LF Coman sound to you guys?
  • Kvkortrijk19
    1366 posts Play-Off Hero
    It looks boring as hell
  • RedRogue
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Leandrinho wrote: »
    Basically past special cards like those futmas etc cards can be further upgraded via objectives.

Leaked info was Futmas Mendy from 85 rated to summer heat version of 93..

Anyways we'll see, not long to go.

Just bought otw Ben yedder incase he's upgradable trough objectives.. Could sell him with profit then 😁if not don't care

Bought 3 of them on Saturday for 97-99k each, sitting on them to see what happens, should make a goodprofit on them come Friday whatever happens.
  • PaulDr
    1860 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »
    It'll be annoying if they upgrade old cards without making them available again. So many people will have fired in old futmas cards and the like into SBCs as nothing has ever been done with those cards before (so no reason to expect to keep them).

They wont be doing this surely, though some objectives might require them I guess.
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Not if they just rerelease the standard otw into packs (most likely scenario imo) he will just drop
  • Maluku-AK
    69 posts Park Captain
    No bday cards? Those were the best