Have you ever SELF RELEGATED? (Anonymous poll)

Comments

• gregsii
    1013 posts Professional
    edited June 16
    You have to look at why people self relegate before judging them.

We all know this game is painful to play sometimes.
    Completing these objectives with bad players against absolute sweat bags in higher divisions is a fast track to a mental asylum.

Yes I've self relegated for icon swaps before.
    I'd rather not put myself through those kind of stress levels, weekend league gives enough of that.
  • gregsii
    1013 posts Professional
    tommyh10 wrote: »
    I havnt done it, but dont blame anyone for doing it.

As a casual player though I have to say objectives have single handedly ruined FIFA for me this year.

Imagine the scene...I work full time and have 2 very young children. I dont play at weekends as im too busy, so Fut Champs is out of the question. After a long day during the week all I want to do is play a few games of FIFA at night when the kids are asleep. What are my options? Squad battles? lol dont be silly. I didnt buy PS plus to play against the AI. Draft? Maybe, but I dont really want to spend 15k to play with players I dont neccessarily want to play with.

All that leaves is rivals. I would say at least 40-50% of the time I match against someone who is either self relegating so quits instantly. Or they send me a message asking if they can get 3 assists with a scandanavian 3 star WF player then theyll 'give me the win'. When I start playing normally...they quit.

By the time ive found a game to play ive either lost interest or the kids have woke up!

Ultimate team is a lifestyle 🤣
    You simply can't invest time into it it you have a family to look after.
    Perhaps play normal online seasons instead?
  • Mjdtheman
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just find it ridiculous, i mean if your in Division 1/2 why the hell are you dropping divisions to do objectives? Surly your teams are already really good so why do you need the free player that's not that good.
  • Diem
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've not self relegated, but if it's a 'win' objective and I'm drawing I'll sometimes make sure I lose, so that I keep a lid on my rating.

I'm generally moving between divisions 8 and 9, though it's hard to tell my 'real level' since I only do Rivals for objectives. I manage G3 from 28 games normally in WL, not sure where that correlates in terms of division
  • Gazmac_868
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Diem wrote: »
    I've not self relegated, but if it's a 'win' objective and I'm drawing I'll sometimes make sure I lose, so that I keep a lid on my rating.

I'm generally moving between divisions 8 and 9, though it's hard to tell my 'real level' since I only do Rivals for objectives. I manage G3 from 28 games normally in WL, not sure where that correlates in terms of division

Your an above average player should be in at least div 4. Can you imagine what rank a proper division 9 player would get? Would struggle to even qualify. They really don’t care about new or lower skilled players just the hardcore who load up on Fifa points all the time.