Fifa 20: Constructive Critiscm

Dear EASports,

This is the first time I'm writing on your forum, and wanted to give you some feedback on this terrible game.

1. Football is a sport about movement, finding small pockets of space and using this space. Fifa 20, everyone one the pitch is stationary no one moves. Why is??
2. Every single person plays 4231 drop back, every other formation is pointless. You might as well remove all the other formations and have everyone play drop back 4231.
3. Again everyone plays drop back 1 depth, 1 width to emulate OBS and coupled with the ridiculous AI blocks the game is absolutely terrible. Just rename the next Fifa to "Drob Back AI Blocks 21", cause thats all this game is.
4. Terrible players are rewarded with terrible passes, for example CB is facing towards his own goal but can do a 60 yard driven pass perfectly to his striker. Show me one defender in real life can pass with his back facing away from his striker accurately from 60 yards.
5. Skill moves and especially drag backs need to be seriously nerferd or remove, I mean gold rare harry macquire can do drag back. Players with 2 star skills can do drag backs, bronze players can do drag backs. Show me how many players in real life real football do drag back. How many players are doing skill moves in real life
6. Why can't I simulate real life systems? If this is a football simulator then I should be able to adjust player positions in FUT and create my systems.
7. Why are terrible players rewarded? Why am I punished for playing football or remotely trying to play football on this game?
8. Why is the attacking AI so stupid? They can't even utilise the open space but rather crashes into an AI defender.
9. Why do I have to use near post finishes? Again the game play is one dimensional, you can't score any other way.
10. Or even better, I need to cut in from the by line to score, and my defenders just watch.
11. Why are you letting everyone play this game one dimensional? Passing is broken, defending is horrible. Timed defending or tackling as you had marketed it, is terrible. The ball just goes back to the attacker even an attacker with 50 aggression seems to get the rebounds back.
12. Give us tools to counter this drop back trash. I want to play football EA, just football. Please get the basics of football correct.
13. Why do you have 2 competitive modes in this game? People are exhausted from WL, and need to play rivals for what? Rewards are terrible, SBC's rewards are terrible. Untredable packs, what is this man? Surely you ave some sort of humanity left in you?
14. My stamina shouldn't run out if my opponent has completely wasted his.
15. The match making is horrible.
16. Players dropping divisions to do objectives. They should be punished
17. Cheatingin FutChamp and Squad Battle is not punished.
18. Servers, well this is another kettle of fish. Terrible servers, button delay, disconnect glitch. This game has it all.

Yes this is a game and it wont be 100% accurate but for the love of god man, get the basics of football correct. I've stopped playing Fifa is just a sweat fest.

I'm playing PES now guys and its really fun. The game play is far more superior to Fifa's drop back 1 depth. People who complain and say PES is terrible, thats because formations are usable in this game, their isn't things that can be abused like fifa. Attacking AI in PES is far more intelligent.

Comments

• Vichy360
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    Agree 100 %
  • gregsii
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    While I agree with your post.
    I tried pes and thought it was terrible :(
    I wanted to like it but couldn't.
  • Moy
    1012 posts Professional
    Completely agree and it’s the main reason I won’t be buying the next edition of this cursed game
  • BuZuS
    1259 posts Professional
    edited June 17
    I think you're confusing "constructive criticism" with "whiney rant".
    Post edited by BuZuS on
  • Dazzler
    2031 posts Fans' Favourite
    EA Fifa needs the hard reset button pressed on it.

It is just plain sheeett
  • @gregsii PES is 100 times better than Fifa. The issue with PES is Fifa players cant abuse mechanics like in Fifa. All formations are useable. The biggest issue is licensing hence why people say PES is ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

@BuZuS yes I might be ranting but its the truth.

On top of what Ive added I'd also like to add the following.

1. Why are majority of Icons terrible and not usable? EA is insulting these legends, comon Inzaghi 60 pace or something. Has EA ever watched Inzaghi play?
    2. Why is everything based on meta? Mets formations? Meta players? U might as well scrap every other player from the franchise.

Oh EA please explain to me how in a 3v1 situation where I have 3 attackers against 1 defender, and my CAM Tots Messi doesn't pass to my Tots Neymar in acres of space, but rather pauses in the middle of the pitch and turns around and passes it to my opponents midfielder. Can this be explained please? How often In real football do u see Messı stop turn around and pass to hıs opponent?

Or when I'm tearing my opponent to shreds and in a goal scoring position with open space, my CM decides to slide tackle my striker and kick the ball out? How often do u see KDB slide tackle Augero and kick the ball out of play In an actual real football game?
  • BuZuS
    1259 posts Professional
    yes I might be ranting but its the truth.
    Unfortunately it's not. Pretty much everything you say is hyperbolic nonsense.
  • Yossi88
    52 posts Park Captain
    Dear EASports,

This is the first time I'm writing on your forum, and wanted to give you some feedback on this terrible game.

1. Football is a sport about movement, finding small pockets of space and using this space. Fifa 20, everyone one the pitch is stationary no one moves. Why is??
    2. Every single person plays 4231 drop back, every other formation is pointless. You might as well remove all the other formations and have everyone play drop back 4231.
    3. Again everyone plays drop back 1 depth, 1 width to emulate OBS and coupled with the ridiculous AI blocks the game is absolutely terrible. Just rename the next Fifa to "Drob Back AI Blocks 21", cause thats all this game is.
    4. Terrible players are rewarded with terrible passes, for example CB is facing towards his own goal but can do a 60 yard driven pass perfectly to his striker. Show me one defender in real life can pass with his back facing away from his striker accurately from 60 yards.
    5. Skill moves and especially drag backs need to be seriously nerferd or remove, I mean gold rare harry macquire can do drag back. Players with 2 star skills can do drag backs, bronze players can do drag backs. Show me how many players in real life real football do drag back. How many players are doing skill moves in real life
    6. Why can't I simulate real life systems? If this is a football simulator then I should be able to adjust player positions in FUT and create my systems.
    7. Why are terrible players rewarded? Why am I punished for playing football or remotely trying to play football on this game?
    8. Why is the attacking AI so stupid? They can't even utilise the open space but rather crashes into an AI defender.
    9. Why do I have to use near post finishes? Again the game play is one dimensional, you can't score any other way.
    10. Or even better, I need to cut in from the by line to score, and my defenders just watch.
    11. Why are you letting everyone play this game one dimensional? Passing is broken, defending is horrible. Timed defending or tackling as you had marketed it, is terrible. The ball just goes back to the attacker even an attacker with 50 aggression seems to get the rebounds back.
    12. Give us tools to counter this drop back trash. I want to play football EA, just football. Please get the basics of football correct.
    13. Why do you have 2 competitive modes in this game? People are exhausted from WL, and need to play rivals for what? Rewards are terrible, SBC's rewards are terrible. Untredable packs, what is this man? Surely you ave some sort of humanity left in you?
    14. My stamina shouldn't run out if my opponent has completely wasted his.
    15. The match making is horrible.
    16. Players dropping divisions to do objectives. They should be punished
    17. Cheatingin FutChamp and Squad Battle is not punished.
    18. Servers, well this is another kettle of fish. Terrible servers, button delay, disconnect glitch. This game has it all.

Yes this is a game and it wont be 100% accurate but for the love of god man, get the basics of football correct. I've stopped playing Fifa is just a sweat fest.

I'm playing PES now guys and its really fun. The game play is far more superior to Fifa's drop back 1 depth. People who complain and say PES is terrible, thats because formations are usable in this game, their isn't things that can be abused like fifa. Attacking AI in PES is far more intelligent.

All the things you have said everyone has been saying all season. Games gone from bad to worse to awful. Too much ea influence in games now. Had games when I go 2 nil up early and then all of a sudden it's like I have a bronze team. Had games when my player out sprints them to the ball but realises he shouldn't and just stops dead.

Ea need to overhaul the whole gameplay and let the game be decided on a players skill and not how much they pay to win.

Did they ever answer about that top 100 player cheating by playing 54 wl games and finishing 12th or whatever. Surely the ones of us who dont cheat deserve an answer
  • Well it seems like most people who commented agree with me. Thanking everyone for their input.

But their will always be a small minority that doesn't see the issues on this game. I guess they must be playing a different version compared to the rest of us.

Put everything aside, I dont mind my opponent having 10 men in defence, I dont care if he uses drop back 1-depth 1 width and 4231 I dont care. But for the love of god man give me tools to counter this trash.

Second man pressing was effective now its utterly useless. Everything that was effective and when used in the correct manner has been removed. Why remove it?

I remember pre-patch the defending was great had some issues but overall it was and rewarding and I was penalised for my mistakes. Defending like attacking is an art in football and with the correct formation/tactics can be amazing. Pre-patch this was great. Now my friends casual players on the other were struggling and couldn't defend and asking me how to defend.

After a week or so my friends told me that they both got an in game survey asking them if defending was easy, difficulty or really difficult. They both selected really difficult and the 1st patch changed everything.

We all know EA makes changes, and their pitch notes dont reflect the changes. Again that's fine with me, but man just get the basics of football correct thats all we want.
  • I emailed EASports many times but there is no action to be taken. I play maybe one game a week in fifa20. If I have possession for like 3 mins then I feel stop in the game and my players behavior changes to the worst sluggish players on earth. If fifa wants lower rated teams to win then it is not the game player who wins, that is the server. I have been searching to find a phone number to call EAsports and have an answer from them. We all should take legal action together against fifa as they play with our emotions. I get too frustrated to control as a bronz player with 50 pac cannot be beaten or caught with a 96 pac player and full attributes applied.

NO MORE FIFA FOR ME UNTIL THEY FIX IT. I WILL NEVER FORGET FIFA 19 WHICH WAS LIKE A DREAM. I HOPE THEY GO BACKWARDS INSTEAD THINKING OF INTO THE FUTURE.
  • Fifa 19 was a ❤️❤️❤️❤️, a disaster. Fifa 20 well can't find any words to express how bad this game is.

If your gonna lose then ur losing nothing u can.
  • Fifa 19 was a disaster a complete disaster. I'm sorry I disagree with you here. My all time favourite fifa was 17, where the AI was constantly moving and looking for space. In 19 and 20 everyone is dead and is reliant on your AI, which we all know determines if your gonna win or lose.
  • AronytheKing
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I really hope they listen now!
  • Kobayashi
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    Moderators should have been collating concerns all year, but we have not seen one write up from the moderators to explain how they could improve FIFA 20 with the developers, we have had patch after patch on gameplay responsiveness, that have made things worse (TEAM PRESS) - there is no hope for FIFA 21 as will be split user base on 2 engines PS4/PS5, it will be a mess, I also remember how good FIFA was on PS3 and the migration to PS4 was poor. Last good FIFAs on PS4 were 16/17
  • StarfishC
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Rinse and repeat. We've had this kind of discussion with every new FIFA/FUT since, well since there was a community to discuss it...
  • Dro_bro
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’m getting together a group to find the EA (FIFA) headquarters and bombard them with questions about why the game is the way it is. Sit outside the building, Follow them home and sit outside their house and ask them questions. Be there when they wake up in the morning. Yell questions at them. Megaphone and all. Video it and post on YouTube.

First question will be, “why are you encouraging small children to gamble?”

Second question, “how much did you pay PEGI to receive the current rating for FIFA?”

Third question, “how much have you spent to improve your servers?” (We all know the answer to that one is $0)

And then we can go from there. Anyone?