Favourite player that no longer cuts the mustard?

Team Sam
2715 posts Fans' Favourite
Who has been your favourite player this season that no longer makes it into your first team?

Where are they now? Warming the bench, retiring in your club, sold, or worse yet, submitted into an SBC?

For me it's mid Ronaldinho.

Going into this game he was the one player I knew I wanted to use this season. I managed to get him back in November I think.

He's played 511 games for me at CAM. He's scored 255 and created 234.

More importantly, he was a joy to play with.

As TOTS progressed, I found him slowly feeling weaker and weaker as my squad improved around my mainstay.

Finally, when I packed TOTS Neymar, he was relegated to my fitness team.

Now, as I continue to look to improve my team, I'm contemplating cashing him in. I'm not quite sure I can bring myself to do it.

How about you?

Comments

• Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Many of my beloved cards have been fallen prey to the SBC sausage grinder, mostly to pack dupes and fodder from TOTS guarantees :'(

Belotti
    Mid roberto Carlos
    Bday lozano
    Bday bellarabi

These ones were not favorites, actually didn't care for them at all. Still have pause to submit though, because you can never get them back
    Premium militao
    Witsel
  • Kent
    James
    Laudrup
    Prime Henry
  • z ginga ninja x
    1288 posts Professional
    edited June 15
    Dont do it. I have mid ronaldinho untradeable too. He goes missing sometimes but other games he’ll bag a hat trick or provide 2-3 assists. He’s still very good, just not as consistent as some tots but hes in my team to stay
  • Team Sam
    Dont do it. I have mid ronaldinho untradeable too. He goes missing sometimes but other games he’ll bag a hat trick or provide 2-3 assists. He’s still very good, just not as consistent as some tots but hes in my team to stay

Mine's tradeable though!

Wish he wasn't. Then I could just keep him and not worry about the upgrades I'm missing out on!
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mid Maradona 😪

My favourite player ever, but he's just too weak now.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Team Sam wrote: »

Mine's tradeable though!

Wish he wasn't. Then I could just keep him and not worry about the upgrades I'm missing out on!

You're keeping a 1.7mil card on your fitness team, you absolute madman. :joy: Sell him!

I have one squad, and the second any tradeable card isn't in the starting 11 they're on the market
  • Jordi93
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dan James.

Absolutely loved that card.
  • Fifa135969
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Belotti storyline
  • starfox1284
    2565 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mid Maradona 😪

My favourite player ever, but he's just too weak now.

I still use his baby at LM and he is brilliant.
  • Seanregal
    1339 posts Professional
    84 Mcginn and base Carlos, the latter still has a sentimental place on the bench.
  • Bolly8080
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Base zidane
  • z ginga ninja x
    1288 posts Professional
    Team Sam wrote: »

Mine's tradeable though!

Would definitely sell asap. He’s not worth 1.7 mil at this stage considering the other options you have in that price range
  • Boysie91
    11409 posts Has That Special Something
    Rooney
  • Rajarshi_CFC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 15
    88 Ben Yedder. Can't do anything if there is Ramos and Varane TOTS in defence or Boateng FB.
  • Ishibum
    14661 posts World Class
    FB Iniesta and Villa. Both were brilliant until tots but seriously dropped off when all the insane cards for released.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4085 posts National Call-Up
    Moments Bernardo Silva. Once TOTSSF Mahrez showed up he became obsolete
  • Swanz05
    2501 posts Fans' Favourite
    PIM Gullit - 79 slide tackle don't cut it no more
  • Neil_14
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    LP Trossard and recently retired FB Ozil.
  • deelio
    583 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Moments Aaron Ramsey. 432 games 132 goals 132 assists from cdm mostly wl and rivals. Been replaced by 99 de bruyne. Too sentimental to put him in a sbc and I'm an arsenal fan.
  • Team Sam
    deelio wrote: »
    Moments Aaron Ramsey. 432 games 132 goals 132 assists from cdm mostly wl and rivals. Been replaced by 99 de bruyne. Too sentimental to put him in a sbc and I'm an arsenal fan.

I love him too.

I upgraded him and FB Bakayoko to Modric and Renato Sanches.

I miss my old two though.
  • Gnomenclature
    6068 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa135969 wrote: »
    Belotti storyline

Same. Hes still good though... Just not good enough.

Still holding onto my Eoae david Villa even though I haven't used him in months lol
  • JWNYsg
    2800 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kimmich and Davies Moments. Now i have the TOTS

i regretted putting them to SBC, could have used them for cover when the market was turning upwards and just buy the TOTS versions back
  • Brustring1893
    1376 posts Professional
    TOTY Mane, but I can’t bring myself to benching him. Would have sold him a long time ago if he actually would have been tradeable.
  • MxMLover
    208 posts Sunday League Hero
    Potm Ben Yedder. Replaced by swaps kaka after 900 games. Wil never use him in sbc. Stays on the bench
  • Mmandras
    3515 posts National Call-Up
    Baby Crespo, mid ADP. Still feel better on the ball than TOTS cards, I don't know why I'm bound to useless numbers on the cards.
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Rooney

Still class though
  • Decee
    557 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FB Rooney. This was his last weekend for me. I've got 300 odd goals from 400 games (all online) played him in a variety of positions too but he just wasn't up to the job anymore during the last WL.
  • Zalisis
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EoaE Villa, Flashback Fabregas and Iniesta and Scream Pique

Loved my Spanish legends team, it was only around March I started phasing them out one by one. Not out any into an SBC though.
  • EekAlaska
    2316 posts Fans' Favourite
    Swanz05 wrote: »
    PIM Gullit - 79 slide tackle don't cut it no more

You do loads of slide tackles with your midfielders???
  • Diggy
    14803 posts Has That Special Something
    EOE David Villa