Is there a real difference between G2 and G3 red picks?

URBirdman
1407 posts Professional
I always play around 18 games to get 14 wins and stop there expect during PL TOTS I played around 25 games to get Gold 2. I have been also watching a lot of reward openings on Twitch and Youtube. Honestly I feel there is absolutely 0 difference between G2 and G3 red picks. The guaranteed major league pick and the extra 1 option are absolutely joke, as EA always fill that spot with GK, CB, or whatever cheap in the squad.

On the other hand, even without the guaranteed major league option, I almost always see at least one major league card in my G3 picks durint TOTS, except for only one pick in which I got Cesinha who is even more expensive and better than the major league options that most people get... Of course I have never got any god tier card from G3 picks, but I got decent number of useable cards (Renato Sanches and Kimmich for example) or high rated fodders with decent position (de Vrij and Manolas for example) - those results don't seem bad and even above average among those many G2, G1 rewards I have watched online.

So has anyone ever feel any difference between G2 and G3 picks? Or is it a real scam?

Comments

• Supermario911
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    No difference tbh

Although I got KDB from prem tots at gold 2
  • URBirdman
    1407 posts Professional
    No difference tbh

Although I got KDB from prem tots at gold 2

So I guess there is really no point to play extra matches to get G2 or even G1, unless can reach elite which gives extra player pick, right?
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2299 posts Fans' Favourite
    A few people in G3 got only 3 ROW players to choose from in each pack. I think it's worth getting gold 2 just to rule out this as a possibility.
  • greif44
    3684 posts National Call-Up
    In theory there is, many of G2 including myself got utter trash in their picks though. I won't bother with G2 this weekend unless it goes really smooth
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I got G3 this week, could have pushed on to G2 but wasn't up for it. got all rotw 5x86 and an 88 for my picks

I would rather have G2. I didn't even get fodder
  • URBirdman
    1407 posts Professional
    A few people in G3 got only 3 ROW players to choose from in each pack. I think it's worth getting gold 2 just to rule out this as a possibility.

I guess the issue is EA seems fill out the guaranteed spot with GKs or whatever cheap so I'm not sure if it is a win as those GKs are even cheaper than some nice ROW options...
  • URBirdman
    1407 posts Professional
    Clancy wrote: »
    I got G3 this week, could have pushed on to G2 but wasn't up for it. got all rotw 5x86 and an 88 for my picks

I see, sorry for you... Maybe I just got lucky and in all of my G3 picks during TOTS I got something that are at least okay fodders...
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    URBirdman wrote: »

I see, sorry for you... Maybe I just got lucky and in all of my G3 picks during TOTS I got something that are at least okay fodders...

I've had the same experience from G3, got plenty of good picks up until this week. Upamecano, benzema, depay all from G3, and from the couple times I got G2 my most useable was adama

Guess it's all just luck of the draw
  • URBirdman
    1407 posts Professional
    URBirdman wrote: »

I've had the same experience from G3, got plenty of good picks up until this week. Upamecano, benzema, depay all from G3, and from the couple times I got G2 my most useable was adama

Guess it's all just luck of the draw

Yes, same feeling for me. The only time I played to G3 I got GK Alisson and GK Henderson... So it seems that G2 or G3 doesn't matter. It's pure luck and the guaranteed major league option is just a scam to let you play more...
  • Cbn
    1299 posts Professional
    Yeah there is. You get one guaranteed better pick with gold 2. No guarantees for gold 3
  • JWNYsg
    2780 posts Fans' Favourite
    i say if you have the means to play for it. why not

If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going
  • URBirdman
    1407 posts Professional
    Cbn wrote: »
    Yeah there is. You get one guaranteed better pick with gold 2. No guarantees for gold 3

I mean "real difference"... From what I learned, the guaranteed major league pick is usually fulfilled by putting a GK or cheap player in... So it is one guaranteed major league pick but not necessarily "one guaranteed better pick"...
  • Dan_orme
    71 posts Park Captain
    I’m normally g2 but only got g3 this weekend and my picks were Kimmich and KDB. I also. Had the choice of Carvajal in a pick. No difference for me.
  • URBirdman
    1407 posts Professional
    Dan_orme wrote: »
    I’m normally g2 but only got g3 this weekend and my picks were Kimmich and KDB. I also. Had the choice of Carvajal in a pick. No difference for me.

Yes, that's also what I feel.
  • yosef167
    1715 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea G3 rewards are better
  • MrMTFC
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    My rewards always seem to be better at g2 than g3. Could be to do with having 4 to choose from each pick instead of 3 and 1 guaranteed from the main league that week
  • passpassshootpost
    1286 posts Professional
    G2 for red picks- this week I hit G2 Neymar and carvajal, best pack was falcao
    G3 for pack rewards- last week salvio and moralez, packs tots sanches
  • Chavez76
    6282 posts Big Money Move
    G3 this week, only had one 'Ultimate' choise. So yes, I feel it is beter to be G2 where there are these kind of red picks.

I dont know how you can say 'it will be filled up with just a CB / GK' though, as yuo dont know which pick is your extra pick? Or do you mean, its always the last one that is bad?