Anyone quitting FUT after this year?

Comments

• Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    That latest patch is the final nail in the coffin. That's me done with the game, Fifa 20 is easily one of the worst football games ever, you'd be a mug to think it's going to get better with Fifa 21. You're playing against the A.I. more than you're playing against your opponent.
  • OZero
    7701 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    That latest patch is the final nail in the coffin. That's me done with the game, Fifa 20 is easily one of the worst football games ever, you'd be a mug to think it's going to get better with Fifa 21. You're playing against the A.I. more than you're playing against your opponent.

Tell me what’s the AI defending like in 19 18 and 17.

I got people’s rage towards the game but sometimes please don’t talk BS.
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Yep quitting
  • Boffa
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    In the beginning it seemed like a great game. Not sure why they would change it to the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ we have today.
    Because of this i'm very sceptical to get it at release. So will probably wait some time before i get it.
  • Hoopsterz
    3654 posts National Call-Up
    OZero wrote: »

AI defending in 20 is 10x worse that any of those ones you mentioned..
  • WoodOwl10
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Best thing you will do is getting away from things you clearly don't enjoy and cause too much stress, i didn't buy 20 and i haven't even played it once which was very good for me and when i see topics like this and people raging about the game it makes me be thankful i quit playing.

My next door neighbour stopped playing because it was causing too much stress and actual problems in his life and stuff like that which can escalate into futher problems mentally.

Fifa used to be a very fun game years and years ago but now thats all gone the slowed down gameplay doesn't help anything people on here wanted more realistic gameplay but the truth is ea have slowly but surely adding those things in year after year and it's completely killed fifa that's a fact.

Yeh we used to be a group of 5/6 mates playing FUT heavily but there's only 2 of us left and i think perhaps a part timer next year.
    I think for me the conclusion is, i cannot play this game to the level of enjoyment i require without spending a disgusting amount of time on it and drenched in stress. FUT used to be fun, used to cost less, time and money-wise, EA have just been far too greedy this year. Everything costs more in coin and in grind.
    The upside no longer outweighs the downside.

I think you make a valid key point here.
    The upsides absolutely used to outweigh the slight few downsides that were just there niggling away.
    Now you're looking at it from a completely downside perspective, the frustration, addivriveness, too many cards. And frantically searching for the positives of why you enjoyed it so much in the first place.
    Great point
  • Tibbsinho
    22 posts Ball Boy
    If the servers don't improve, which we know they won't, then I'm out. I'll probably play from time to time on clubs etc.
  • OZero
    7701 posts League Winner
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »

AI defending in 20 is 10x worse that any of those ones you mentioned..

No ❤️❤️❤️❤️ way. Absolutely not true. Especially 17. One of the most OP AI defending of all time.
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think if the 20/21 season can start before fifa 21 is released then it will be easier to resist as I can hopefully return to watch my local team again. I think it'll still be hard to resist it after playing since about fifa 04 so it's almost engrained in me, but hoping I can beat it
  • ironawin1
    1320 posts Professional
    I am selling my ps4 in about 2 month time and will be waiting for ps5. Meanwhile i am building my gaming pc so i wont buy fifa until ps5.
  • Neal1982
    1325 posts Play-Off Hero
    Will more than likely, have spent too much time and money on the game over the years, not for me anymore, might more focus on having a healthy body and mind instead!

See you all next year ;-)
  • QuartzRevenge
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I won’t be carrying on to Fifa 21 but that’s because I need to focus on work and won’t be upgrading my console to the next generation. No plans anyway
  • Turkey_man
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah I won't be buying Fifa again. Had a couple of years off, bought this Fifa and spent too much time on FUT.

I'm a lot less productive and sociable in my spare time when I'm playing FUT.
  • InformCollector
    1851 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think the honest answer from most people is:

Yes I will be buying, probably even ultimate edition.

We love football let's face it, and this is the only game we have.

However.... I think I will be toning down how much I play if the game is a shambles again.
  • Blade19
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Stav93 wrote: »
    Will absolutely still be getting it, and will absolutely still be pre-ordering the Ultimate edition to get on 3 days early.

But.

This year and last year have been so dreadful. I'm optimistically hoping with next gen consoles coming mid way through 21 we see a much better game. If 21 follows the 20 and 19, I can certainly see myself giving 22 a miss, or at the very least toning down the amount I play.

You cant be that naive mate. You know that the next gen consoles will be there next excuse for broken gameplay? "Its a new gen console, we're still trying to figure out what works best"....people need to stop investing in this broken game in this broken company
  • cdbuck26
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    Last year I vowed to not put in nearly as much time as usual for FUT 20, and I've been a very casual player this year. Next year I'm going to bring that down a notch even and sure I'll play UT but maybe a couple games a week for me, unless they seriously make a good change which might as well be like saying if I win the lottery. I imagine that next year will be my last year though.
  • hiya
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Azof wrote: »
    The games engine is going to be the same on PS4/PS5 as they will be crossplay

wheres that from?
  • JPRM71
    3713 posts National Call-Up
    Nope, been playing FIFA since 1994, will stop when I can’t see or my hands are crippled with Arthritis lol
  • Drachenfells
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm seriously considering it, played only about 600 games this year, won 95 online games, the rest squad battles. Just did not enjoy it at all.

Played nearly 3000 last FIFA, my heart just isn't in it anymore.
  • Shakkour
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    I stopped playing FUT like months ago because i lost interest on fifa
    Not because i lose some game. Its game and there’s win and lose but because it’s not fair game
    It’s so annoying when you play better do everything and lost game because delay or Script
    I really hope EA do some good work on fifa 21
  • CFCHenri
    4707 posts National Call-Up
    I was sold dreams in the beta, all that needed to be fixed was headers to be improved, 50/50 challenges and loose balls to work like previous FIFAs (they broke it this year making your player wait for the ball to land on the hitbox, your players going in circles, moving sideways in circles to get the ball), fix fullback positioning to wing-play abuse, reduce manual jockey speed and the game would’ve been great.

Then the devs ruined the game with so many patches adding stupid animations like your defenders with the fake shirt pulling animation which meant you were most likely conceding, defenders first touch where they touch the ball 3 times to settle the ball before passing it ignoring any input you did. Shooting bug where controller settings where greyed out and your shots were set to semi, missing the easiest of shots (it was NOT a visual bug EA)

They removed the great tackling they had in the beta.

Beta is to make some hardcore players buy the game, when the game is released they do what they want by adding unnecessary ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to please the casual and average players, thus breaking the game for everyone.

Didn’t even get to connection issues...
  • Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    1077 posts Professional
    edited June 2020
    Yes I’ll play.
    But more time will be put into other games than 21.
    I use origin premier for other games, so fifa is already part of it
  • Tjahr
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I quit. Its not fun to either win against an obviously better opponent or to loose against someone whos ❤️❤️❤️❤️ (read: ai mechanics).
  • Rahat786786
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    To be fair I am a fut founder played fut til 2014 or 2015 and in those years despite playing regularly I never had as good a team as I have this FIFA.

Didn't spend a dime either. SBCs, player objectives, icon swaps, rival rewards and even WL are taken for granted now. We had none of that before. Having a coin balance of 50k before was a struggle.

Yes the gameplay is frustrating sometimes, hopefully move to next gen improves things but content wise for me it is better than in the past.

• Giggs11
    566 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I quit after last year after playing for 20 odd years. I only came back beginning of April because of lockdown. My rewards for WL since have reminded me why i didn’t bother. I definitely won’t be back next year....unless EA give me a red Neymar, mbappe or cr7 tomorrow morning :p (just in case they’re watching :p )
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    I didn't buy 18 or 19 out of disgust at how the game had evolved. I did continue playing 17 during that period. Which believe it or not was a far more enjoyable experience after all the die hards had left. I actually started facing non EPL teams.

I decided to try 20 and initially I thought it was pretty good. This was pre any patches and when people had mosest teams and it was a challenge to score.

Now its just OP player after OP player, dragbacks for days.

That said, my biggest issue with 20 and why it will probably be my last is because its June and I've already played 2500+ games, thats more than any other year including the years I loved the game.

I've literally sat forcing myseld to play it to complete objectives, or hit rank 1 etc.

This is a choice, I accept that. But the alternative is you miss out on icon swaps, objective players, or packs that not only provide players to use but players to complete SBC. And keep you stocked up on consumables.

The game feels like a full time job, and its not fun.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    4012 posts National Call-Up
    I quit after FIFA 19 and only got this one when it got added to EA access last month. Straight away I was back grinding every objective player and grinding rivals to qualify for WL and then grinding the WL for players that don't even function properly due to delay. I'm so glad I didn't play this awful game all year. It is even worse than 19 and just a non functional manipulation. There is no way I would get 21. I would highly recommend for anyone not to buy it as your life improves noticeably.
  • CharlieC
    7433 posts League Winner
    I already quit. Enough is enough is enough, I can’t go on, I can’t go on, no no no!
  • Dmb75
    1018 posts Professional
    Been playing since the beginning of fut but I committed in September to this being my last FIFA. That feeling has only been confirmed by the path this game has taken.
  • Malg
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Might,but will be a few months down the line, if they sort out Rivals and stop self relegating maybe.