HEY EA!!! IF I HAVE A BLACK KIT AND A WHITE KIT

JayyThunder
5156 posts Big Money Move
DONT PUT THE OTHER ❤️❤️❤️❤️ TEAM IN ANOTHER BLACK KIT. Jesus Christ this game is so stupid

Comments

• EekAlaska
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is one case where you are clearly at fault. It takes 1 second to select your kit and your opponents. If you failed to do that then you deserve to play against an opponent with the same exact kit as yours.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4504 posts National Call-Up
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    This is one case where you are clearly at fault. It takes 1 second to select your kit and your opponents. If you failed to do that then you deserve to play against an opponent with the same exact kit as yours.

"You deserve".

Really?
  • EekAlaska
    2340 posts Fans' Favourite
    How hard is it to select both kits lol. The fact that they now give that option and ppl are still complaining is pretty amusing.
  • Amargaladaster26
    9876 posts Has That Special Something
    How hard is it to select both kits lol. The fact that they now give that option and ppl are still complaining is pretty amusing.

For example, I hate to play against my own away kit all the time. It makes a boring game even more boring. 90% of people play the same style and 90% of the games look exactly the same with two kits all the time.

EA should be able to recognise that two kits have the same colour. Or that if someone plays in a kit similar to referee’s kit, they should change the referee kit.

Have no idea what was wrong with the old system when opponents were picking kits together.
  • JayyThunder

If I click default and it says “we’ll pick the best kit for you to play against”. And I end up playing someone in a black kit and I have a black kit is not my fault
  • RayS
    31663 posts National Team Captain
    Had this happen last night too. Had a navy kit (the MLS TOTS Kit) and "the best kit for you to play against" was apparently a dark blue kit 🤷‍♂️ (the TOTSSF blue kit)
  • RayS

Maybe it's silly, but I like to see some variety in kits on my opponents instead of the same exact one every game.
  • RayS
    We wouldn't have this problem if everyone could select their own kits and didn't keep two same colored kits as home and away 😂
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16548 posts World Class
    This happened to me once last weekend and pretty much cost me gold 2. I was wearing the Bob Marley kit and they matched me with a yellow kit with black shorts and the ref was wearing yellow. Was an absolute nightmare but I agree it was my fault for not selecting the opponent kit but the fact it hadn't happened in around 2500 games I didn't think I had to select the opponents kit. Lesson learnt.
  • Oweyman
    1205 posts Professional

For example, I hate to play against my own away kit all the time. It makes a boring game even more boring. 90% of people play the same style and 90% of the games look exactly the same with two kits all the time.

EA should be able to recognise that two kits have the same colour. Or that if someone plays in a kit similar to referee’s kit, they should change the referee kit.

Have no idea what was wrong with the old system when opponents were picking kits together.

Change your away kit then to avoid it?

Crazy that with all of the issues in the game and the mistakes made by EA, people find a way to complain about this when it's down to their own laziness! :D
  • RayS
    Oweyman wrote: »

Crazy that with all of the issues in the game and the mistakes made by EA, people find a way to complain about this when it's down to their own laziness! :D

Shouldn't need to go to the customizations tab every game to change your away kit. Coding colors ain't hard. Well, maybe it is for EA.
  • Oweyman
    1205 posts Professional
    RayS wrote: »

Shouldn't need to go to the customizations tab every game to change your away kit. Coding colors ain't hard. Well, maybe it is for EA.

I get what you're saying, but if you choose a black kit and your opponent has two black kits, then how is that EAs fault?
  • Scu11duggery
    1280 posts Professional
    I think the issue is with SBC/New kits. I got a clash early with the Ramadan kit and switched it out. I then started just manually picking both kits to be safe
  • RayS

I get what you're saying, but if you choose a black kit and your opponent has two black kits, then how is that EAs fault?

Yeah that's a whole another issue before when people chose the same colored kits for home and away. Never understood that
  • Amargaladaster26
    9876 posts Has That Special Something

Well, they should be able to recognise it and put the other team in white kit? E.g. into one of those generic FUT TOTW kits.

I was trying one thing before, played with two black kits with white shorts and according to EA’s “best kit to play against” I wad playing against my own away that looked the same. That shouldn’t be happening, they should be able to recognize colours.

Another thing is that Marley kit and referee in the same colours.
  • Mogga
    1959 posts Fans' Favourite

It literally takes 1 second. You do it on the screen where the ping thing is before you click advance 😉
  • CustardHippo
    2943 posts Fans' Favourite

Because it’s meant to then use your other kit as a replacement if it can’t correctly match to your opponents - I always just jump in and quite often get my away kit but occasionally it will give me another white kit and basically write off that match for me
  • Tjahr
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect

If I click default and it says “we’ll pick the best kit for you to play against”. And I end up playing someone in a black kit and I have a black kit is not my fault

Still your fault, you clearly have a choice but dont make it...if its an issue for you, just select the opponents kit. Problem solved 😀👉👌
  • RayS
    Mogga wrote: »

It literally takes 1 second. You do it on the screen where the ping thing is before you click advance 😉

We're talking about switching what the away kit itself is, not the selection of the away kit, if that makes sense
  • CustardHippo
    2943 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tjahr wrote: »

Still your fault, you clearly have a choice but dont make it...if its an issue for you, just select the opponents kit. Problem solved 😀👉👌

As above, it includes your away kit in this selection. So therefore a coding error.
  • Mogga
    1959 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mogga wrote: »

We're talking about switching what the away kit itself is, not the selection of the away kit, if that makes sense

Kind of. It caught me out before so I just flick it to my away kit in the pre game menu each time now. The yellow ref kit still catches me out every so often though
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    edited June 8
    Not as bad as when opponent has Bob Marley kit and the ref is wearing identical colors
  • Jonboyparker
    6436 posts Big Money Move
    Tbf I do think it’s a bit stupid. I’d like To play random kits each game rather than seeing my same kits constantly. I know I can change it each game or risk it but seems a bit silly that they can’t just make them not clash in the first place.
  • Queens11
    2573 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s just ea being incompetent as per usual from the very first fut it’s also hard to believe that refs still wearing same colour kits as teams on field

it’s baffling how they are still in business

Ea sports it’s in the game
  • Miigue
    613 posts An Exciting Prospect

Uh, no
  • Miigue
    613 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like to play against random kits, never had any issues, until I used the Ramadan Kit (white shirt purple shorts) and I started getting matched against other teams with white kits. That Ramadan kit is broken
  • JayyThunder
    I understand I can choose "pick my away kit". But you lot need to understand. I have the PSG Jordan Kit and the White France kit as my two kits. 99% of the time I pick my PSG kit and my opponent is wearing the France kit. And when they aren't wearing the France kit they're wearing another light colored kit so it's not an issue (outside of the Bob Marley kit...but don't get me started on that)

So my issue is, why this game did they make my opponent wear a flipping navy blue kit? It makes no sense whatsoever.
  • BuZuS
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's not hard, but that doesn't change the fact that the kit selection algorithm is clearly bugged, as proven by the Ramadan kit.
  • Spurred
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’s not about whether it’s hard or not.

It’s about the error in the color codes definitely.
    The game should search for one that doesn’t clash.
    Ramadan kit is a good example. And there are hundreds of kits available that should not clash with another.