411 posts Semi-Pro
    RGBadger wrote: »
    robrau83 wrote: »
    Its better to not use a cheat tactic

Go on explain how it’s a cheat tactic

Didn’t think you could back it up, enjoy silver rewards @robrau83
  • Jonboyparker
    6423 posts Big Money Move
    I prefer a HH and MH but I don’t think it matters too much. Depends how you like to play and what player instructions you use.

Oh and I’m Having the most fun I’ve had in a while using 4231. It’s your game. Play the way you enjoy playing
  • Scu11duggery
    1280 posts Professional

See, at first I agreed with you. The comment is clearly frustration at all the 'meta, 4231, stay back, 1 depth, death by dragback' sheep who do anything to try and win. The assumption that everyone must be like that who uses 4232 must be annoying. But there's no need for the follow up and disparaging remark. :)

To bring it back to the topic, when I played 4222, I found best success with a H/H paired with a M/H. Meant I was a little more staggered in attack, rather than flat across the middle, and made it more difficult for my opponent to counter quickly through the middle as they were often at a different depth.
  • Realist
    3190 posts National Call-Up

See, at first I agreed with you. The comment is clearly frustration at all the 'meta, 4231, stay back, 1 depth, death by dragback' sheep who do anything to try and win. The assumption that everyone must be like that who uses 4232 must be annoying. But there's no need for the follow up and disparaging remark. :)

To bring it back to the topic, when I played 4222, I found best success with a H/H paired with a M/H. Meant I was a little more staggered in attack, rather than flat across the middle, and made it more difficult for my opponent to counter quickly through the middle as they were often at a different depth.

This. I play the same form with Paulinho and Frenkie and they really work well together. If Paulinho is bombing forward to support the attack Frenkie sits back in case there’s a fast break. Not 100% foolproof obviously but I’ve found it better than having to h/h players.
  • rezyy
    505 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It depends how you want them to play in game if a cdm is high high and you want him to stay back u will need to instruct stay back, or he will get forward whenever the opportunity arises.

It’s the same with low or medium attacking cdm’s if you want them to cross the half way line at all u will need to put get forward on or they will sit on your 18 yard box 😂
  • RGBadger
    411 posts Semi-Pro

No need for his salty comment that helps nothing though.

Also thanks for the feedback, don’t suppose it matters too much if I have one on stay back anyway
  • robrau83
    268 posts Sunday League Hero

Lol, just a waste of time talking to exploiters like you. That's all. Enjoy your flood of GK's from rewards ;)
  • RGBadger
    411 posts Semi-Pro

Lol, just a waste of time talking to exploiters like you. That's all. Enjoy your flood of GK's from rewards ;)

So you can’t back it up then? It’s a competitive formation in a video game that proves quite successful for a lot of good players. @robrau83 if you struggle with it don’t be salty just use something else

• Amargaladaster26
    9867 posts Has That Special Something
    One M/H is a must, the other can be anything.
  • Pnub
    1008 posts Professional
    I think instructions matter the most.
    I use prime Matthaus on balanced to supportmy cams and totssf Henderson on stay back. At the same time I also keep Kdb on stay foward as well as 6 depth balanced defence so I can get caught on the counter at times but I prefer the attacking threat it gives me
  • First_touch87
    408 posts Sunday League Hero

It’s not a cheat tactic but it’s a depressing tactic to play against
  • Pnub
    1008 posts Professional

Its not the formation just the people who use 1 depth drop back which is just as bad in any formation
  • Rahat786786
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have Allan and Aouar so MH and HM and works well.

Did modric sbc and he's HH so technically ideal box to box cdm but he was horrible for me. Too small to be a proper presence and Aouar has more about him physically.
  • Rahat786786
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I think Modric sprint speed let him down too being HH you need someone sprinting up and down the pitch quick
  • RGBadger
    411 posts Semi-Pro
    Pnub wrote: »

Its not the formation just the people who use 1 depth drop back which is just as bad in any formation

Spot on, I use it & I only have 1 cdm on stay back, even have my fullbacks on overlap and cam stay forward, if you don’t use 1 depth drop back there’s nothing wrong with the formation. It’s a competitive formation.
  • Pnub
    1008 posts Professional

Spot on, I use it & I only have 1 cdm on stay back, even have my fullbacks on overlap and cam stay forward, if you don’t use 1 depth drop back there’s nothing wrong with the formation. It’s a competitive formation.

Yes it gives me everything I want wide players to switch to a centre cam to give more options in the middle of the park and two cdms to be more solid defensively and in possession
  • Jonboyparker
    6423 posts Big Money Move
    Used a lot of formations this year. I’m really enjoying 4231 lately. Also have only 1 CDM on stay back and My attack on balanced exempt my ST as target man. I want the ball in your half most of the game.

Use Tots KDB (HH) and Tots De Jong (MH). A perfect partnership for me.
  • Triplee123
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I actually use a high medium(gullit) and a medium high(de jong)

I found that if I use two high high , or two medium highs , when I’m defending the two cdms always get in each other’s way . I don’t know weather that’s just me tho
  • BALDUIN
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 10
    I honestly don't think it matters too much, Kimmich is h/l yet he's up and down
  • robrau83
    edited June 11

So you can’t back it up then? It’s a competitive formation in a video game that proves quite successful for a lot of good players. @robrau83 if you struggle with it don’t be salty just use something else

Lot of projecting going on.
  • robrau83

You copied well from the Youtube tutorial, well done sheep.
  • RGBadger
    411 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 11

You copied well from the Youtube tutorial, well done sheep.

[img][/img]pVsVeHY.png

Hypocrite?
    😂😂 do one loser
  • JWNYsg
    3483 posts National Call-Up
    i don't know if the work rates affect it much. kimmich has L defensive work rate but he still works fine

i set instruction to stay back
  • Yendinho_11
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    4231 users are embarrassing
  • RGBadger
    411 posts Semi-Pro

You’ve got no clue about the game lad
  • Yendinho_11
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yes I have. 4231 is embarrassing and all these idiots using it copying the pros playing depth 1 have ruined enjoyment on Fifa. Also the ones who pause at kickoff to make their sweaty subs and formation change are embarrassing 👍
  • Zalisis
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect

The assumption that everyone must be like that who uses 4232 must be annoying

I dunno if I'd consider using 4231 cheating.

But I definitely draw the line at 4232, you sneaky dog.
  • RGBadger
    411 posts Semi-Pro

Yes I have. 4231 is embarrassing and all these idiots using it copying the pros playing depth 1 have ruined enjoyment on Fifa. Also the ones who pause at kickoff to make their sweaty subs and formation change are embarrassing 👍

So the people that use 4231 but not do any of those things you stated are still embarrassing then? 🥴