OK so let’s talk about TOTS Ben Yedder

Comments

• kurzickchris
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ben Yedder has sunk to 3.5 which is now less than CR7s floor of 3.55 that I’ve been seeing.

I think it signals that WBY doesn’t feel that much better than his POTM. CR7 is prob the better striker here.
  • Bakudu76
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    Ben Yedder has sunk to 3.5 which is now less than CR7s floor of 3.55 that I’ve been seeing.

I think it signals that WBY doesn’t feel that much better than his POTM. CR7 is prob the better striker here.

Damn I envy you guys on xbox. 20mil on ps4 is like 30mil on xbox.
    You even have PIM R9 constanly on the market
  • mypetfrog
    3012 posts National Call-Up

I think this is one of the things holding me back. I have WBY's 88 POTM card and it's great but not amazing. So I do wonder if selling TOTY CR7 is going to be worth "upgrading" the WBY card? That's 3.6Million coins....for an upgrade to WBY. (the potm would go into an sbc or something).

As I read that back, it sounds crazy.......However, so many people absolutely rave about the WBY TOTS.
  • kurzickchris
    edited June 2020
    mypetfrog wrote: »

I think this is one of the things holding me back. I have WBY's 88 POTM card and it's great but not amazing. So I do wonder if selling TOTY CR7 is going to be worth "upgrading" the WBY card? That's 3.6Million coins....for an upgrade to WBY. (the potm would go into an sbc or something).

As I read that back, it sounds crazy.......However, so many people absolutely rave about the WBY TOTS.

I would ask anyone who raves about TOTS WBY if they’ve used the POTM and how he compares.

After reading between the two for a few days. I got rid of FB Mbappe and will be buying TOTS CR7 for my end game.

• Yoesi
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Slightly off topic but I went from TOTY CR7 to Futbday Mbappe. Never looked back! The guy is a machine so it’s something else to consider

Not tried Yedder but interested to know if anyone has compares Tots Yedder to FB Mbappe

Boras Legend wasnt that amazed by Yedder. He rated FB Mbappe higher
  • kurzickchris
    Yoesi wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but I went from TOTY CR7 to Futbday Mbappe. Never looked back! The guy is a machine so it’s something else to consider

Not tried Yedder but interested to know if anyone has compares Tots Yedder to FB Mbappe

I almost loved everything about FB Mbappe. Except his finishing is extremely suspect. Doesn’t feel even close to the stats.
  • mypetfrog
    Bakudu76 wrote: »

I would ask anyone who raves about TOTS WBY if they’ve used the POTM and how he compares.

After reading between the two for a few days. I got rid of FB Mbappe and will be buying TOTS CR7 for my end game.

At the risk of annoying people with another WBY post.... have just asked that very question - cheers.
  • Jonboyparker
    7489 posts League Winner
    Yoesi wrote: »

Massive fan of FB Mbappe
  • Lackosweat
    11157 posts Has That Special Something
    Bakudu76 wrote: »

Slightly OT, I've met 3 PIM R9 and 5-6 PIM Gullit this WL alone. On PS obv.
  • mypetfrog
    Update: Just in case anyone is remotely interested, but also as closure for my own emotional journey :D

After a disappointing WL, I played a bunch of matches yesterday and today without TOTY CR7 in the squad, just to see how I'd go. Funny thing is, I missed him. I missed that explosive clutch goal scorer who'd pop up out of nowhere and score a belter.

So dropped him back in my team for the past half a dozen matches in Rivals.... and boy he's good. What was I even thinking?! Haha. SO I'm going to spend the rest of Fifa 20 learning to make the best of him and play to his strengths.

Meanwhile the yearning for TOTS WBY is still there so I'm now moving on to whether to sell a bunch of other players to grab him. I'd have to wave goodbye to TOTS Aguero and SS Messi though...... the saga continues :D
  • KurzBobby
    232 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2020

Anyone else with any thoughts on TOTS Ben Yedder?

• BK1892
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Firstly, I had never planned on ever using any version of WBY in this Fifa as quite frankly I hated the OP wee rat . That all changed this weekend when he put me to the sword in my final WL game which I needed to win to get Gold 1. He scored 4 with the winner at the end of extra time so that was the end of that notion. There and then I decided to sell TOTSSF CR7 (who I also couldn't get on with) and replace him with the rat. Best decision I have made. Picked him up on Monday for 4.615m (PS4) and haven't looked back. 14 games, 22 goals in Division 3 then 2 - the type of records I never get with any player. His movement is the best I've ever had from any player and his shot is a rocket. I haven't scored any of the typical WBY goals yet but I look forward to them this coming WL. The only way I ever sell him now is if I get him as a red pick this week or next.
  • mypetfrog
    BK1892 wrote: »
    Firstly, I had never planned on ever using any version of WBY in this Fifa as quite frankly I hated the OP wee rat . That all changed this weekend when he put me to the sword in my final WL game which I needed to win to get Gold 1. He scored 4 with the winner at the end of extra time so that was the end of that notion. There and then I decided to sell TOTSSF CR7 (who I also couldn't get on with) and replace him with the rat. Best decision I have made. Picked him up on Monday for 4.615m (PS4) and haven't looked back. 14 games, 22 goals in Division 3 then 2 - the type of records I never get with any player. His movement is the best I've ever had from any player and his shot is a rocket. I haven't scored any of the typical WBY goals yet but I look forward to them this coming WL. The only way I ever sell him now is if I get him as a red pick this week or next.

Ooh... interesting... and DAMN! As it means I might just sell SS Messi to make the coins to buy him! Damn.

So you don't miss CR7 one bit??
  • kurzickchris

Ooh... interesting... and DAMN! As it means I might just sell SS Messi to make the coins to buy him! Damn.

Hey just to update ya. I picked up CR7 at 3.5 on XB yesterday.

I have never enjoyed Fifa 20 more. He’s so good for me and fits my play style well. I’ve used FB Mbappe, Mid Eusebio, PIM Butra and PIM Kenny. He is by far the best purely from the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ factor.

Still curious about WBY but I pumped hella coins to chase him this Thursday.
  • BK1892
    334 posts Sunday League Hero

No, not really. He managed roughly a goal a game but I found that I had to put quite a bit of work to make some of the chances. He seemed very static for me and unfortunately I'm not much of a skiller to utilise the 5 stars. He constantly was a bit of a post magnet for me as well. But what doesn't work for me, obviously works for others. Suppose it just depends on your play style.
  • Zeke1216
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    Ben yedder as much as I hate to say it , is the best forward in this game. Not player, best player in this game is toty kante. Ben yedder will score anything pass the halfway line it seems. I have yet to play his totts and not concede to him. But if you want to save coins try tots josef Martinez. He is Ben yedder 1.5
  • mypetfrog
    Zeke1216 wrote: »
    Ben yedder as much as I hate to say it , is the best forward in this game. Not player, best player in this game is toty kante. Ben yedder will score anything pass the halfway line it seems. I have yet to play his totts and not concede to him. But if you want to save coins try tots josef Martinez. He is Ben yedder 1.5

Oh my. Oh my.

Finally managed to grab him.

Oh my.

The word broken is way overused in Fifa but... Absolutely broken.

So flipping agile, makes TOTY CR7 look like a tank. I sold a few players to get him and now think I'm going to sell TOTY CR7 and buy the others back (plus Auba as a sub).

So damned good, always in the right place, sticky as hell (yep that must be very annoying).

I'm actually looking forward to WL now for the first time ever, but late night early morning when the gameplay might allow him to be as responsive as he should be.

If you're on the fence about TOTS WBY then don't be, he's 3.7Million for a reason. Cheers.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Just picked him up myself. Now I have a crazy attack but with the current gameplay I’m getting I doubt I’ll be able to score any goals 😂

Fingers crossed though.
  • Delboy13710
    10219 posts Has That Special Something
    Played him quite a bit in Rivals Militao ate him up for fun , plays the same as all hes other boring cards . Running fake shot , Drag back, Drag back near post shot . Once you get good at defending that he dont offer much , Cant pass and gets knocked of the ball easy (if side to side ) . Only annoying thing is tackling face on with that bounce back nonsense but even hes NIF does that , maybe it's the level of player but didnt seem super impressive
  • mypetfrog
    Played him quite a bit in Rivals Militao ate him up for fun , plays the same as all hes other boring cards . Running fake shot , Drag back, Drag back near post shot . Once you get good at defending that he dont offer much , Cant pass and gets knocked of the ball easy (if side to side ) . Only annoying thing is tackling face on with that bounce back nonsense but even hes NIF does that , maybe it's the level of player but didnt seem super impressive

Maybe he suits bad players like me (who doesn't spam drag backs and mainly uses passing to create space), love his agility though and shots anywhere near the box are like rockets. Until this card I was wowed with TOTY CR7, but after using WBY for a few games CR7 feels kinda clunky now, strong as hell but clunky. Might even have to let CR7 go if WBY performs in the WL.