Everyone's buying fifa 21.....

Comments

• Gavalarrrr
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    After this FIFA I'm personally done with the franchise. Every year for the last 3/4 it's gradually got worse and worse.
    Alot of people now play for pack pulls and the little dopamine rush they get when they get someone decent.
    Games a shambles (not that I'm bad either before people blame that, regular Gold 2 player) and just got worse and worse.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7909 posts League Winner
    For probably the last 8-10 years fifa is was the only game I bought and It took up all my gaming time. 19 being so bad combined with a back surgery got me into rocket league pretty hardcore. Then 20 being even worse got me playing more RL. Then I just bought the ff7 remake, the original being my favorite game ever and I have realized that the product ea puts out isn’t worth my time. I’ll get PES play maybe 150 games to get my fix and that is that. Fifa is just a source of misery and anxiety and I don’t see the game getting better.
  • Mattheos
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm done. Buying fifa 21 is equivalent to letting scammers run rough shot over your bank account. Except scammers have more integrity then this company.
  • Quillips
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2020
    My brother will probably buy it and we Xbox share so if he does great, if not, no big miss. I refuse to give this company money, and will never myself purchase another title until there’s huge changes. Gameplay and Micro-transaction wise.
  • ZeFeZ
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    @Dave2791

You shouldn't assume that, if you are not than I mistaken the title.

I skipped Fifa for 5 years, bought Fifa 20 to try it again and I can assure you I'm not buying Fifa 21.
  • RedRogue
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    FIFA 20 is my first in 5yrs
    Trust me it’s also my last.
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does anyone think PES will get any better than it was this year?
  • Arron xox
    4138 posts National Call-Up
    I will buy it but probably on next gen console
  • NucksNation
    4545 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2020
    Never missed a fifa till 2020 and I wouldn’t have bothered if it wasn’t due to lack of anything to do and waiting for call back from work.. also, it’s the only game I actually play so often and don’t get bored of it aside from the bs it offers..

I will get it and regular edition and don’t ever spend on fp

Ps. Everyone here would pre order right now if they could,
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2020
    I'll probably end up order the week long esrpy access or whatever it is
  • Omar.aljanaby
    1106 posts Professional
    Not me! I'm not going to buy it! It seems that you have enjoyed fifa 20!
  • Mogga
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Only a complete idiot would steam in and buy this on the current consoles. Least wait til the new ones are out
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    As soon is a i can pre order it with loadingn 100k fifa point
  • EekAlaska
    2953 posts National Call-Up
    Dave2791 wrote: »
    But when will you buy it?

Will you buy it as soon as it's out? Or will you wait and see if it's the same crap as always?

And.....if you read or hear that it's the same mess....will you not buy it at all?

Will do the same thing I did this round. Keep playing FIFA20 until March or so to actually get enjoyment out of top players and then buy FIFA21 when they start giving away loads of players for free.

I can't play WL all year and I didnt spend anything on FP this year which is a HUGE improvement from previous years.
  • DeOuweDibbes
    597 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I waited for it to be on EA Access to try it, might do the same for Fifa 21 because the current version is pretty awful.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2020
    It's hard decision for me. First time in 10 years. I became totally disconnected with the game during lockdown, finished couple of big RPGs in my backlog and felt good to be "free" from the spell. But I came back for TOTS.

To me, quality is secondary. It's about the competition and the game of football. The thing is, it's just too time consuming and puts you into their schedual. It's compulsive, and nonsensical. You have to organize your time and life around Fifa events, worst offender is Weekend League, or any other mode for that matter, chasing cards that will soon become obsolete and feel similar to their basic versions. It's a game of numbers and more of quantitative experience. It's a festival of gluttonious existential dread, and I'm not even touching suspicious mechanics, gameplay and server issues, that eventually can be fixed.

Long story short, I'm a little bit curious about the next gen engine, if there will be any, which I doubt since oldgen compatibility is economically more viable. But for the game itself, I'm about to call it a day. Two decades, to be precise. It's hard to say goodbuye to a passion like this, but it would be for the best. It's no country for old men.
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmandras wrote: »
    It's hard decision for me. First time in 10 years. I became totally disconnected with the game during lockdown, finished couple of big RPGs in my backlog and felt good to be "free" from the spell. But I came back for TOTS.

To me, quality is secondary. It's about the competition and the game of football. The thing is, it's just too time consuming and puts you into their schedual. It's compulsive, and nonsensical. You have to organize your time and life around Fifa events, worst offender is Weekend League, or any other mode for that matter, chasing cards that will soon become obsolete and feel similar to their basic versions. It's a game of numbers and more of quantitative experience. It's a festival of gluttonious existential dread, and I'm not even touching suspicious mechanics, gameplay and server issues, that eventually can be fixed.

Long story short, I'm a little bit curious about the next gen engine, if there will be any, which I doubt since oldgen compatibility is economically more viable. But for the game itself, I'm about to call it a day. Two decades, to be precise. It's hard to say goodbuye to a passion like this, but it would be for the best. It's no country for old men.

I guess we'll be hearing a bunch of news about what will be new in fifa 21 very soon. Time to convince us this will be the best fifa ever. .again
  • baerentoeterR
    203 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    And it will be the worst FIFA again, why? Because the same incompetent staff is creating this trash Game over and over again.

There will be nothing new, only new way of bugs, more random controlls by the Game and so on.

Just dont buy this disgusting Game over and over again. Dont support a Company, who is full of amateurs and dont know how to treat their own Community. EA cant do it better because there is none in there, who got actually knowledge about anything at all.
  • A_A_Ron
    89 posts Park Captain
    Did I see that the new one is going to be made with a different engine? Let's hope that helps with some of the ❤️❤️❤️❤️, although I suspect most of it is written into the game by EA so will likely be exactly the same.
  • Mmandras
    6269 posts Big Money Move
    New engine will be just about graphics, don't get your hopes up. It would be close to a miracle if none of the previous gameplay issuses will plague the next gen version as well... If they release next gen engine this year.
  • Blade19
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not a clue why anyone would buy this garbage game again 😂
  • Clemster
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    I will probably pre-order
  • Onuryuk83
    84 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I will most probably buy Fifa 21 just because of PS5 and the hopes that EA will start using a decent game engine. But I don’t plan to play FUT anymore because I am fed up all the BS for years now.
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1442 posts Play-Off Hero
    Games getting worse and worse every year, I for one won’t buy it unless my some miracle the servers improve. Not played in about 3 months and don’t miss it one bit
  • oasishunter
    32 posts Park Captain
    if you want something to change, at least dont do pre-order guys please !!!
  • Zambo9
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t want to be deluded, it’s 5 years I say to my self that I won’t buy it. Who am I kidding again? I’ll buy it as every other year even if I’m sick of it. Honestly usually the first couple of months of the game are quite enjoyable until people start to realize what’s the meta
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Blade19 wrote: »
    Not a clue why anyone would buy this garbage game again 😂

Indeed... I mean, if we had learned anything over the last couple of years is that this is a vicious cycle... game comes out, everyone is excited and having fun, a couple of weeks in they patch it back to the pro scene friendly farce that is now and then people moan for 8 months until the next one come out... rinse, repeat...

I hope I have the strength to never give this evil company any more of my money and in the process try to get governments to see this game for what it really is, which is a major rage and gambling inducer for kids...

I will only stop when this company is extinct
  • Azof
    20407 posts Club Captain
    A_A_Ron wrote: »
    Did I see that the new one is going to be made with a different engine? Let's hope that helps with some of the ❤️❤️❤️❤️, although I suspect most of it is written into the game by EA so will likely be exactly the same.

You saw wrong
  • Bags
    2045 posts Fans' Favourite
    This same thread was done again and again last year and it was full of people (some still very active on these boards) saying they wouldnt buy. We all will. If they offer some sort of incentive to buy early i will buy. It will be the same crap as this year. They will just change the balancing. So be ready for heading to be the new meta again. They are utterly incapable of balancing properly.

They have added a couple of new servers i see. They will spin this that "look we are listening" but I'm convinced its not the servers that are the problem, its the net code and they won't touch that.
  • Aspas10
    695 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm not buying another fifa on this gen. It'll have to wait till the PS5 before I get a new 1.
    Fifa 21 will just be an evolution of fifa 20 but it needs a complete overhaul at this point. I'll just play fifa 20 and hope all the toxic players have went onto fifa 21