RF Fantasy Premier League 2019-20

Comments

• arsenalap
    8183 posts League Winner
    Fun fact for you all.

You could have made a change every week for free for the past 6 weeks so basically a wildcard as they didnt fix it.
  • Cyodine
    2415 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Expecting @Cyodine to go with a -1000 hit into the next GW, if the league continues

I'm not trying to give @Ahmer50x or any of those people who complained about me a stroke. I've honestly forgot all about my fantasy team, gonna have to go check it out!
  • Ahmer50x
    23566 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Fun fact for you all.

You could have made a change every week for free for the past 6 weeks so basically a wildcard as they didnt fix it.

I honestly think they've broken the game for this season beyond repair with this fiasco.

I don't think I'll play until the end of the season much. Will probably just jump back in next year unless I'm that bored
  • arsenalap
    8183 posts League Winner
    Yh I'm done with it too tbh
  • Pietu
    6873 posts Big Money Move
    So anyone still care about this season? I probably won't care that much, captain Pukki lives on though!
  • Kellnerr
    3608 posts National Call-Up
    I still take it seriously, aiming for a top 1% finish.
    Just looked up my current rank and I'm around 57.000th place but im 100% sure that I was around 70k before the break, so that's a bit fishy. I mean I could be wrong, but jumping from 73k to 57k with an overall GW 29 rank of over 1.3M can't add up.
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Pietu wrote: »
    So anyone still care about this season? I probably won't care that much, captain Pukki lives on though!

Yes. Will be playing for the remainder of the season. Played 3/4 of the season, not leaving the rest of it unfinished.
  • Pietu
    Apollo wrote: »

Yes. Will be playing for the remainder of the season. Played 3/4 of the season, not leaving the rest of it unfinished.

I won't be leaving it unfinished either just don't know if I can find motivation for it
  • G000ner
    4883 posts National Call-Up
    Idk I think the changes make FPL interesting, a lot of matches in quick succession, more subs, no fans. People will need to rethink their strategies. Plus playing FPL gives me more motivation to watch matches outside of Arsenal's. I made a few transfers over the break to create something like a wildcard team, of course didn't know the fixtures or anything but thought it was worth making sure I had a playing bench
  • G000ner
    Plus if anyone doesn't know they will be adding multiple gameweeks and each match will fall within a designated gameweek.Initially it didn't look they would be doing that. So it will function just like regular FPL.

I need to retain my crown and get my highest finish so I'll be playing 😏
  • Pietu
    G000ner wrote: »
    Plus if anyone doesn't know they will be adding multiple gameweeks and each match will fall within a designated gameweek.Initially it didn't look they would be doing that. So it will function just like regular FPL.

I haven't read anything about FPL since the season ended. So it's going to be 1 game per game week?
  • Ahmer50x
    23566 posts Club Captain
    I was against playing before but I'm getting excited as we get closer so will probably jump back in
  • G000ner
    edited June 6

I haven't read anything about FPL since the season ended. So it's going to be 1 game per game week?

They'll be a round of matches played in each gameweek probably, but some teams will have games in hand and perhaps there will be some gameweeks where we see 2 rounds of matches played.
  • G000ner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I was against playing before but I'm getting excited as we get closer so will probably jump back in

To me it almost feels like a new season with how long it's been gone
  • Ahmer50x
    23566 posts Club Captain

It would except some of us are still saddled with bad starting positions due to the mistakes of the past :joy:
  • G000ner

It would except some of us are still saddled with bad starting positions due to the mistakes of the past :joy:

There should be a separate post-lockdown table 😅
  • ViVaWhom
    8924 posts League Winner
    post lockdown FPL is gonna be based on far more luck than normal... its like new season but without the pre season or any form going into games. you also dont know how teams/players are gonna react to empty stadium games

• arsenalap
    8183 posts League Winner
    Just had a look and it looks like it's the start of the season so you can make as many transfers as you want with no penalty.

Worth double checking though.
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Just had a look and it looks like it's the start of the season so you can make as many transfers as you want with no penalty.

They haven't updated it yet for the restart, wouldn't surprise me if it's full of bugs now like you say.
  • Cyodine
    edited June 8

I'll check it out!

Edit: It says "Please try again later when the updated scores / teams will be available.".
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    The game is currently updating for maintenance (first time in a long time), so it looks like the return of FPL could be imminent
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    It's back online:
    FPL wrote:
    But you'll notice we've made the following changes:

- The remaining season's fixtures have been allocated new Gameweeks
    - Each new Gameweek is indicated by a "+" (e.g. GW30+, GW31+, GW32+)
    - GW30+ is a Double Gameweek starting with two midweek fixtures (AVLSHU and MCIARS) followed by a full round of 10 matches
    - FPL managers can make unlimited free transfers until the GW30+ deadline without playing a Wildcard
    - Prices of players will not change until after the GW30+ deadline has passed
    - Any unused chips or Wildcards will remain available for use before the end of the season
    - Triple Captain, Bench Boost and Free Hit chips are available in GW30+
  • ViVaWhom
    8924 posts League Winner
    so everyone gets a free wildcard... such a slap in the face of people who built good teams...
  • arsenalap
    8183 posts League Winner
    You keep the value you previously had from players so not too bad.
  • Ahmer50x
    23566 posts Club Captain
    edited June 8
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    so everyone gets a free wildcard... such a slap in the face of people who built good teams...

Or their free hit/wildcards.

I had a poor season and poor team but I don’t like this
  • Cyodine

I know right! I had a really good team and was on a good winning streak!!!
  • ViVaWhom
    8924 posts League Winner
    Cyodine wrote: »

I know right! I had a really good team and was on a good winning streak!!!

bertstare.jpg
  • Cyodine
    Just put together my team for the upcoming matches. Hopefully I made some decent choices, all I can hope for is that some players keep their form.
  • Tornado31619
    21592 posts Club Captain
    It normally takes about eight games for form to settle in a normal season :lol: I get the idea behind the free wildcard though, current form is basically ❤️❤️❤️❤️, even for top sides. I suppose that given that some sides will be worse off than others, we’re going to get some absolute thrashings upon return.
  • Pietu
    edited June 12
    This is what my team was before the break!

Screenshot-20200612-141741-com-pl-premierleague.jpg