Valorant.

RadioShaq
16050 posts Moderator
Has anybody tried it yet? I’ve seen it suggested as a game with the best servers anti cheat and competitive. Seems like a lot of hype wondering if it will live up to it.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    16050 posts Moderator
    I tried it so much to unpack about the game. I suppose not a lot on here will try it because it’s pc only. Hopefully it will come to the consoles but I don’t know how you can mix controller and keyboard.

I would guess it’s a csgo reskin even though I never played much csgo. It’s definitely slow and tactical. I think dr disrespect summed it up pretty good. I mean he hated it because he prefers cod jump in shoot em up type games.

That’s not to say some won’t like it. The main mode is to long for me. 13 rounds is a long time to be losing especially to a full team. It really needs a shorter mode like spike mode that you unlock later that is 4 rounds. It also needs a solo queue as teams vs pugs will be a nightmare.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    It has the exact same shooting mechanics as counter strike, haven't played it, watched a few streams. Found it boring to watch too, not the type of game to tempt me back to PC.
  • RadioShaq
    16050 posts Moderator
    Interested to see how the anti cheat works out. I know doom just reversed their anti cheat and Valorant is getting a lot of negative reviews because of it.

So many pc games are being ruined by cheaters. I don’t know what they can do to combat them.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Interested to see how the anti cheat works out. I know doom just reversed their anti cheat and Valorant is getting a lot of negative reviews because of it.

So many pc games are being ruined by cheaters. I don’t know what they can do to combat them.

Don't Blizzard handle cheating better than any other game? They perma ban on Overwatch, a cheater would need to buy a new copy of the game which most won't do, cheating is a big problem with free to play games.
  • RadioShaq
    16050 posts Moderator
    They didn’t in wow. Although I stopped playing a long time ago but was really bad.
  • 1HoV
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Don't Blizzard handle cheating better than any other game? They perma ban on Overwatch, a cheater would need to buy a new copy of the game which most won't do, cheating is a big problem with free to play games.

I played the beta a fair bit and have played a bit since release. Never knowingly came across a cheater.
  • RadioShaq
    16050 posts Moderator
    Anybody see any population number of players? Maybe not being cross platform is holding the game back. Although being a serious esports game not sure you can mix controller anyway. Casual games seem to do better.