Does Anyone Still Enjoy the Game?

cheesyzoot
184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Genuine question, not looking for a reaction from people either bashing the gameplay or people simply saying 'if you don't enjoy it then don't play' (which is obvious).

Yes or no?

If yes, what do you enjoy and if no is there a specific reason?

Comments

• No
  • SJR440
    5122 posts Big Money Move
    Not really. However, I feel like I have invested too much time to fully ditch it.

This.
  • futaddikt
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    No , but theres nothing else available .... as soon as there is they can take my money. I dont eve have to see gameplay just licence acquisitions etc. That's how poor fifa is.
  • CarpeDiem
    2484 posts Fans' Favourite
    Unpopular opinion but when the connection is good I actually dont think this game is that bad and can be fun to play.
  • Vichy360
    264 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 3
    No since early access ended :(
  • Empyrium7
    3758 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 3
    it depends on the opponent and gameplay
    I'll enjoy a match every once in a while where the opponent is actually trying to play football.
  • Blade19
    People enjoyed this game?
  • Mobehta
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kinda.....I simply refuse to play online...only play squad battles and even that is starting to get boring...Played a couple of games in Rivals and realized it's better to stay away for the good of my health,my console and my family's health
  • YidArmy
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My connection is generally fine so no problems there. As someone else said, if my opponent is down to play some attacking football and not drop back counter ball then yes I do enjoy playing it.
  • KING_HENKE
    972 posts Semi-Pro
    Don’t really have a yes or no. I enjoy playing against opponents who are on the same level as me. Resulting in competitive, dramatic and exciting games. I really really really don’t enjoy playing against self relegating objective obsessed shushing children for the majority of the week.
  • Not really. However, I feel like I have invested too much time to fully ditch it.

The main reason for me is the toxic community. The kind who spam dragbacks, fake shots and ball rolls all game. Wish these mutants would just stick to Volta where they belong.
    Pretty much this.
    As for 21. I doubt I’ll put this amount of time in, as Cyberpunk is out similar time.
  • what3v3r
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No, and as crazy as it sounds , I had more fun with fifa 19
  • Beirol
    14 posts Ball Boy
    Like others, I feel I've invested so much time and effort that I don't want to stop playing, but it is definitely just rinse and repeat now. Earn season objectives, rank in the different leagues etc.

I don't actually feel a lot of joy and this is the last game that I'm giving EA money for.
  • cheesyzoot
    Seems like quite a negative reaction so far.

I also don't really enjoy the game but like some other people here feel like they have invested too much time to simply ditch it.

Nowadays I just get bored of it after 2 or 3 games. Very repetitive game play. Not often excitement in the game
  • cheesyzoot
    Would like to add that I could literally play fifa 14, 15, 16 Ultimate team for hours on end and never get bored...
  • Beirol
    14 posts Ball Boy
    Squad battles are soul destroying btw, such a ♥️♥️♥️♥️ing boring gameplay mode.
  • JimNoShoes
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes or I wouldn’t play! It’s as close to playing football as I’m gonna get right now and a welcome break from my kids! The bit I do t like is the constantly appalling packs I have been getting all year. Still can’t pack that one player that breaks 100k.
  • Notformeclive
    2502 posts Fans' Favourite
    "Still" ?
  • cheesyzoot
    "Still" ?

:D
  • garmak
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    My son and I have a team, still fun when it works as it should. Could field a team of TOTSSF goalies at this point though...
  • ManC2020
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    cheesyzoot wrote: »
    Genuine question, not looking for a reaction from people either bashing the gameplay or people simply saying 'if you don't enjoy it then don't play' (which is obvious).

Yes or no?

No, I don't. Same s h y t e, different year.

Been enjoying Skyrim after a long hiatus and doing what I WANT to do at any one point in that game. Very satisfying change compared the "mechanics" this game offers (or perhaps doesn't offer).
  • pes1972
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes, and I feel sorry for all those still playing and not enjoying it, for gods sake do something else then. No one is forced to play.
  • malky
    543 posts An Exciting Prospect
    cheesyzoot wrote: »

Yes or no?

I do enjoy it....I came to terms with the bs along time ago and enjoy trying to play good football👍
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 3
    Honestly, if I had anything else to do at the moment I wouldn't play nearly as much.

I prefer going to watch the Blades at the weekends, playing football, going to the gym, working full time, going to the cinema, restaurants and bars.

But I can't do any of that at the moment, so I'm playing a lot more Fifa. Quite enjoying it to be honest, but when this is all over it'll take a back seat again.