What’s your 10 men strategy

JWNYsg
2463 posts Fans' Favourite
It could be just me. Tackles on my side has been wild. Numerous yellow or worse, red cards

So what happens next? Share your strategies

- replace a forward and insert a new defender?
- Alter your formation?
- Keep formation but go all out Attack or ultra defensive?
- Do nothing?
- Quit?

I usually do nothing until I concede

So far I manage to draw some games. Mostly lose. Get the fortuitous win once a blue moon

Comments

• Wooly1203
    3080 posts National Call-Up
    I usually sub off a player I can do without and make sure my central positions are covered. You can always manage without one of your wide players if you’re careful
  • Wayno69
    1268 posts Professional
    Never actually thought of one bc I don't get red cards. Maaybe stop using square to tackle?>?
  • Amdp9
    4884 posts Big Money Move
    Usually put my CDM back to defender and missing one card in Mid field, use my CAM’s or wingers to come back to defend to fill in that midfield spot and also get into the box instructions, striker stay forward. I usually don’t let go that easy on my opponent, usually I move Essien to whoever have red card.

It works well for me
  • Denz
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 3
    Only one outcome, rage quit. :)

No if ahead, drawing or even narrowly losing a game that I'm dominating I'll keep going.

If losing I'll just play extra attacking, put the red card into midfield or defence and just go for it.

Otherwise I quite like the 4231, either variant depending on opponent, perhaps one of the cams or wingers being sacrificed. Adjust tactics to be a little bit more conservative but not to a level where I'm sat in my own box.
  • Wayno69
    1268 posts Professional
    Wayno69 wrote: »
    Never actually thought of one bc I don't get red cards. Maaybe stop using square to tackle?>?

Never brutally chopped someone down from behind when they're running through on goal when you're one up in the 90th minute?

Nothing better than a good professional foul.

Not this Fifa haha although it was done to me this past wkend league twice! Think I might implement the professional foul tactic this wkend thanks!
  • Bakudu76
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 3
    Play with 423/441
    and use cam like a Cf
  • yosef167
    1550 posts Play-Off Hero
    i usually lose A CDM Or RW/Lw
    and then i make sure i wont attack from the side i lost player at
  • NucksNation
    2154 posts Fans' Favourite
    Switch to 3-5-2 with one striker..
  • The_Faries_76
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If playing a 2 St formation I lose a ST, and set the other to false 9, if lone St, I sub off St and set my cam to balanced, with everyone else on come back.
  • Bowie78
    219 posts Sunday League Hero
    I would say I’ve probably won most of the game’s I’ve had a man sent off and lost the games where my opponents had one sent off!!!! And they say the game isn’t rigged😂😂
  • MrMTFC
    841 posts Semi-Pro
    4231 without the ccam, defend and hit on the counter attack. It's all I can ever really do with a player sent off. Covers the centre and gives a chance for my attackers to get in space to play up to them. Otherwise I swap between 5221, 433 v2 and 4321
  • Purplejacket
    3611 posts National Call-Up
    Bakudu76 wrote: »
    Play with 423/441
    and use cam like a Cf

This
  • dinbaba
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i leave one wing for zanetti/alex sandro, rather play with 2 attackers and then trying to outscore/get to penalties
  • Destin8or
    1353 posts Professional
    I went through a ridiculous run with Blanc recently....
    Got him sent off

Next game on the res to see out his suspension

Next game back in.... Sent off

Next game back in.... Sent off 😂
    I kept Militao in for a few games after that.
  • Jono6989
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 3
    Destin8or wrote: »
    I went through a ridiculous run with Blanc recently....
    Got him sent off

Next game back in.... Sent off

Next game back in.... Sent off 😂
    I kept Militao in for a few games after that.

Sounds like many of my WL’s gone by this year, everyone be earning and waiting for their ‘reds’ on Thursday I’m getting all weekend 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️👌😂😂

Disclaimer edit: obviously players are different but the principles of red fox replace repeat 😂🙈😂 it’s weekend life 🤦‍♂️🤤😂😂😂
  • EekAlaska
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wooly1203 wrote: »
    I usually sub off a player I can do without and make sure my central positions are covered. You can always manage without one of your wide players if you’re careful

This and/or go one forward
  • oldboiler
    3034 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 3
    442 - whichever defender gets sent off, LM pulled off and defender brought on. Attack down the right side or through the middle. Always play with 2 forwards as this game has no balance, it’s designed to absorb pressure and attack quickly, horrible game
  • CustardHippo
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played a guy during WL who got Manolas sent off inside 10 mins. Stalling got a yellow almost immediately after and then I went clean through and Smalling brought down my striker. Ref comes charging over, does the “no more, no more” wave. Last man professional foul already on a yellow ... it’s ok though, because his players were on crack. He went 2-0 up and then down to 9 men as Smalling got a straight red for essentially assaulting my winger. He didn’t replace either CB, but his players seemed to play 10 time’s better. Both full backs cover RB/RCB etc. Eventually got to half time 3-0 down.

Second half I got to 7-3 ahead and he quit. Game played as it should have, no nonsense and the gap that was evidently going to be an issue finally was.

Personally I plug the gap if central, I have League SBC Opara on the bench as well as Gosens. Both cover CB and CDM respectively. If it’s a wide position I just leave it unless it’s RB/LB.
  • Jono6989
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Either swap to4321 and drop the 1 or likewise go back 3 back lose a striker or if going with 3421 again lose the one it’s a grind I must break the habit some time hopefully in the ‘near’ future 🤷‍♂️🙏😂
  • JWNYsg
    Bowie78 wrote: »
    I would say I’ve probably won most of the game’s I’ve had a man sent off and lost the games where my opponents had one sent off!!!! And they say the game isn’t rigged😂😂

Just experienced this

I got another red card today. 3rd in a day.
  • Notformeclive
    2501 posts Fans' Favourite
    I usually switch to 4231 hate myself for a few minutes and then swap out one of the CDMs.
    So 4131.
  • Boysie91
    11368 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 3
    If playing 4231
    Take out attacking CDM sub in CB switch to CB
    put CCAM CDM on conserved so he pushes up and doesn't lose a lot of stamina. He will play like a CM.

I done this yesterday and won 3-1 it was 0-0 before I got sent off.
  • Mackie17
    8467 posts League Winner
    Lose one of my wide men
  • JWNYsg
    Does anyone use the ultra defensive instruction and play for draw or penalties?
  • Skywalker XVII
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    If its a defensive player who gets sent off I move players back to fill his place but keep playing the same way.
    I only get red cards during terrible delay and the gameplay usually becomes better when I get someone sent off so normally I benefit from a red card.

Often struggle when my opponent gets a player sent of though.
  • Kobayashi
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    easy solution 4230 move everyone around to accommodate
  • S_Word
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    whenever my opponent gets a red he usually ends up scoring within the next 2 possesions and winning the game after it
  • JWNYsg
    S_Word wrote: »
    whenever my opponent gets a red he usually ends up scoring within the next 2 possesions and winning the game after it

You’ve not taken a red before I presume?
  • Aspas10
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nothing. Usually after I get a player sent off I become unplayable. Probably better with 10 men than 11. Think it's built into the game