Division rivals unfair matchmaking

AnthonyMartial56
posts Ball Boy
edited November 2019
Hello, I would like to know why am I constantly being matched with far better players than me in FUT Division Rivals?! I am not a good player and am constantly at levels 8, 9 or 10, but I get almost always matched with far better players, that certainly aren't in above three levels, but more like 1-4! I lose almost every game by 10 + goals and sometimes can't even get 1 shot (let alone shot on target)! It's ridiculous!

This game is supposed to be fun and it would be fun if I could play with same bad players like myself, so I could sometimes taste how a win or scoring a goal feels like! Fix the matchmaking, it's disgrace! Why is it called division rivals, if my opponents are NOT from same divisions?

Comments

• hhoverflow
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Could be that people are using the hack to "fake" the div rivals level that they belong. They are DIV4 for example, but use the cheat to "pretend" that they are DIV10, DIV9 and you ended up matched with them.
  • keronc
    1089 posts Professional
    A lot of people in higher divisions are relegating themselves down to the lower divisions to be able to complete the icon swap objectives easier.
  • I have the same problem from monday!
  • If i win the game gives to me only 15 points and if i lose takes 17
  • saptarsi_cr7
    30 posts Park Captain
    some of the players lower their ranks to complete the icon swaps. This is wht i am doing right now..
  • saptarsi_cr7 if you are prof try to win in your division, leave the amateurs to play fairly!
  • saptarsi_cr7
    30 posts Park Captain
    i already winning their buddy bt as far i remember i did play fairly with division 8 and 9 players i didnt even score 10+ goals with them.
  • saptarsi_cr7
    30 posts Park Captain
    saptarsi_cr7 if you are prof try to win in your division, leave the amateurs to play fairly!

and i am not a pro i just belong to division 3 and 4 thats all.
  • Anomanyny
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Maybe the good players play so much more that the bad players(me included) never meet in the matchmaking. I don't have this years FIFA but in FIFA 19 i played mostly in div 8-9 and the opposition felt godly. I'm sure FIFA matches people from any division just to get a match and in PC there isn't a lot of options because the player base is so small. I've always wondered why FIFA can't tell which division your opponent belongs to...
  • Same here.. my ranking score has just plummeted to zero.. :D That's a joke. I'm not a good player, but not a newbie either. The first FIFA i played was 98 and for like 5 years I've playing more or less regularly. In the previous games my usual division was around 5 and after a relegation or promotion I could easily feel the difference between the strength of the opponents. Now i'm stuck in Div 10 and get the feeling the system most of the time puts me in against Div 4-6 players or so. Why is that?
  • Cheaters are too many on this platform. I became miserable because of this game. Stop supporting EA. This game is a joke.
  • saptarsi_cr7
    30 posts Park Captain
    recardon wrote: »
    Cheaters are too many on this platform. I became miserable because of this game. Stop supporting EA. This game is a joke.

I think they are not cheaters. Lots of pro guys relegate themselves becoz of iniesta objectives.
  • 1e4
    1 posts Ball Boy
    For a moment I felt it was just me. Not a pro, but not a newbie either. Recently changed from legacy defending to tactical coz I mostly played offline with friends. Been stuck in div 9 for a while. Aside bad connectivity, there are days I feel am playing pros. Just saying
  • Dgib
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I’ll get 15 wins in weekend league which I will be really happy with (my target is for EA to gift me 11) then the minute I go back to my pathetic div 8 rivals I’m 5–0 down before half time and raged quit out 3 times in a row.. it’s just constant crap players with crap ratings shooting first time outside the box and everything they touch going in.. I spend my life on Fifa my record is 654-65-530.. I feel like I am a decent player who has no control over EA’s desicions to constantly drew me over.. I started the game in div 6 and have been going form div 8 - 9 over and over again. Gaining pathetic rewards..
  • hhoverflow
    a lot of people also relegate themselves, so the objectives are easier...

blame EA
  • Alex_cr
    5804 posts Big Money Move
    Pooter.... is that you??
  • baerentoeterR
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The Problem with Rivals is because of the Objectives. Good Players let them drop in lower Divisions. So its harder to get fair MM. The Game itself is broken and trash as always and if you get then good Players from Top Divi. its even harder for normal Players.
  • Spellmastero123
    360 posts Sunday League Hero
    Problem is not Objectives.

Problem=Rewards.

5D and Rank 1=50k+35k

4D Rank1=50k+45k+35k
    4D Rank 2=50k+35k

Is much easier get Rank 1 and 2 in 4/5 Division then 3/2.

If we get 100k+50k for 2 or 3 Division im think level 4/5 Division going down.

• shadowlee
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 4
    strange how it works out , i play in div three and this weekend i had my worse ever performance . Even my ranking games i was meeting top teams with very good players , and it did not stop , was very strange :). And yes i have dropped myself to div six once to do my icon tokens . It was just too hard in the league i was in at the time . I have suggested that you stay in your league all week and just get promoted or relegated once a week, A little like a mini season . It would stop the issue a little i think
  • How do you all explain taking a Goal Kick and CLEARLY aiming at the RCB yet your keeper passes to the marked LCB and you concede a goal against a terrible opponent. Also your players just stop making runs sometimes, shots go towards keepers instead of the corner of the net (especially the better keepers like Ter Stegen and Alisson. Yet Edwin van Der Sar is shocking!
    Shots going miles over despite tapping the button lightly. Headers are completely broken af. The game is completely unfair and unbalanced. I've said it multiple times and still end up going back, but this time its final. This is my LAST ever EA game!
  • Cornushon
    4846 posts Big Money Move
    keronc wrote: »
    A lot of people in higher divisions are relegating themselves down to the lower divisions to be able to complete the icon swap objectives easier.

This. Have you guys read anything in general discussion. It's been like that whole year. Div 8-6 are full of tryhards on PC now. I found it much more casual in div 5-4. Playerbase is small on PC and that eff5 is very evident here
  • Cornushon
    4846 posts Big Money Move
    You guys must be very young, dont you?
  • I’m not young buddy. And hacking must be blocked and banned at all times. if you suck at a game or even don’t suck in this case; just play fair. But are they/you all proud of yourselves using hacks? Wow, you cheated... big ups for you mates. You just degraded to the lowest of the lowest.
  • I think match making has changed also. If I’m playing a player way above me I seem to get about 46 points for win, also playing a player that seems to be in a division lower than me I get abou 15/points for the win. No idea what’s going on 😂
  • hhoverflow
    edited March 2
    I’m not young buddy. And hacking must be blocked and banned at all times. if you suck at a game or even don’t suck in this case; just play fair. But are they/you all proud of yourselves using hacks? Wow, you cheated... big ups for you mates. You just degraded to the lowest of the lowest.

I think what he means is that Fifa PC is full of cheaters for more than 5 years and EA don't seem to care or do much about it.
    It's the same every year, every edition. There are always hundreds of threads about cheating in the forum and nothing is done, since Fifa 14 probably.

If you don't know that already, you are probably new.

For example, when you alt + tab during the match and gets disconnected, this was an attempt from EA to stop cheaters, but they failed miserably, because now every cheat has an option to bypass that. Normal players cannot use alt + tab though.

That's the kind of job that EA devs do it.
    :smiley:

• I am playing curently on ps4 in division rivals and after ranking games I was placea in division9, I relegated in division 10 because I didn’t have a good team and now I’m also in division 9 again.
    I have the same problema like you have guys, sometimes I feel I don’t compete with division9 players, I feel like I compete with division4 or higher.
    Before ultimate team I was playing online seasons and I’m won division 1 titlu there, so I don’t think it’s such a big diference between online seasons and division rivals, I’m aware that in division rivals are more good players, but still I would Say I’m at least division 7 or 6.
    For example I have a friend that after His ranking games was placea in division 7.When we play against each other i’m the better player by far
  • I am not great trying to improve but level 10 yet meeting teams with players performing skills all over the pitch and slaughtering me, been 2 days since I had a win, it is soul destroying, royally pissed off NUFF SAID
  • After two days of defeats a couple of draws up against Mbappe,, Griezman,, etc 6-0, ready to stamp on the handset aaaarrrggg
  • It’s an absolute joke. EA will never change anything to do with FUT as they make a fortune off of it. Have played FIFA since the original and I’m usually about div 5/6, but stuck in div 8 and getting lower because I’m coming up against these lowlifes who want to complete objectives for a better team. How are they managing to relegate themselves so easily?
  • I am not in anyway a good player. I started rivals because I thought it would give me better rewards. I'm in div7 at the moment and all the opponents I get basically look like this
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503910354028462100/718042218836918393/wthfifa.jpg

my team for reference...
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/503910354028462100/718042222225915924/wthfifa2.jpg

In my opinion, I have no chance of winning a match like this so what's the point of playing these?