Squad battles fun?

Ballerson
586 posts An Exciting Prospect
I’m just killing time doing the Fuenzalida objective for fodder, played several squad games to complete objectives...All at Professional level.

The ai defense is virtually perfect, no matter what scrubs are there, they don’t miss a tackle...every games been the ai with 17-25 tackles, cms & cbs 100% success rate...

I’ve still managed to score but its not at all fun... does anyone have fun playing against an ai that is so nuked that its virtually flawless — also, whats the deal w the game slowing my peeps in squad battles??

Does anyone playing an ai that is virtually defensively flawless?? The game seems so stacked versus me, I wouldn’t play a single game of squad battles unless to achieve an objective or if I was being tortured....

Comments

• Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    I mean I don't find it fun. I only play legendary Vs bronze teams and am usually 5-0 up after 20 mins and do the glitch. Then it's just 15 mins of scrolling on my phone 😂
  • BeastlyHusla
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    Definitely isn't fun unless you're a guy who aims for top 100. I used to go for elite 1 every week. It is relatively easy when you know how to best AI comfortably and only play against low rated teams.

With everyone having stacked teams, it'll be harder to beat all the teams. That being said, some high rated teams are straight up arse and low teams can be difficult. Not sure why that is.

Anyways, just play to what you can and don't try to play too many games in a row. It take me the full week to get me my elite 1.
  • MIG40970
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    also watch depth/width data. I have much less problems even with strong squads but balanced tactics.

I play everything on WC (when i am chasing an objective) except 70-64 teams on legendary and sub 63 on ultimate. Easy 50k points without even playing all the games. If only the rewards for E1 were better...
  • Hubbabubba
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    It defends like the majority of the players so great for practice of attacking play.
  • graff
    85 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sadly fifa 20 is basically a defence simulator in both cpu and human games,therefore a cpu will always be flawless as they stick to the programming I.e every player cut passlanes etc.
  • Hubbabubba
    Ballerson wrote: »
    I’m just killing time doing the Fuenzalida objective for fodder, played several squad games to complete objectives...All at Professional level.

The ai defense is virtually perfect, no matter what scrubs are there, they don’t miss a tackle...every games been the ai with 17-25 tackles, cms & cbs 100% success rate...

I’ve still managed to score but its not at all fun... does anyone have fun playing against an ai that is so nuked that its virtually flawless — also, whats the deal w the game slowing my peeps in squad battles??

Does anyone playing an ai that is virtually defensively flawless?? The game seems so stacked versus me, I wouldn’t play a single game of squad battles unless to achieve an objective or if I was being tortured....

I thought that the slowness was server/network issues. But after playing SB fairly often i don't believe that anymore. When and how it comes has made me believe that this is something out of the thing we are not allowed to talk about.
  • Kaldmann_X
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's not fun at all, but playing to do objectives. 5 games for Fuenzalida is ok. Also for rewards as I'm not playing division rivals or wl.
  • kraid
    5361 posts Big Money Move

Ai defence is nowhere near perfect on professional, you can basically just walk through teams.
  • Ballerson
    kraid wrote: »

Ai defence is nowhere near perfect on professional, you can basically just walk through teams.

You must be very good — would love to see a clip of you walking through LaPorte and De Ligt on World Class — I am sure I will learn how to do it.

Is Yoda your middle name too?

• Hubbabubba
    A Heel to Heel usually "stuns" the defender and you can more or less walk around them.
  • Ballerson
    Hubbabubba wrote: »
    A Heel to Heel usually "stuns" the defender and you can more or less walk around them.

Thanks. Will give it a try I suppose or just screw the squad based altogether — just going to throw the new card in for the moura or other sbc cards... so its all fodder to me.
  • Chavez76
    6282 posts Big Money Move
    Heel to heel and fake shots are very strong in Squad Battles. AI defense is very sensetive for those
  • kraid

You must be very good — would love to see a clip of you walking through LaPorte and De Ligt on World Class — I am sure I will learn how to do it.

I literally said on professional in my post...
  • Ballerson

Yes, you did, my bad.
  • kraid

Yes, you did, my bad.

No worries bro
  • CustardHippo
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    SB is a pretty lazily built mode. The harder the difficulty, the more boosted the opponents stats and more nerfed yours.

Few tips, Legendary is normally easier than WC and Professional. Why? I have no idea. I think because they actually try to attack so you are not trying to break down a brick wall all game. Don't sprint. I know its against what most people want to do, but the AI match your speed so will not sprint either. Use the L1 dribble, if you are running the channel dont bother trying to near post with the defender near, they block everything. Instead slow down, come inside on L1 dribble, the AI let you and then finesse far post.

When defending, most of the time they try to run down the wings on the touchline so just jockey them down. And every so often, there will be a time in the game where they are going to score no matter what. Just let it happen and dont get annoyed about it, that 55 rated GK will score a 90 yard screamer on his left peg. How? No one knows. Why? No one knows. But every few games the AI just decides it gets a goal now.

I also find, and maybe it is in my head, but if I am trying objectives like score with a Chilean player or assist with a Ligue 1 player with 4*4*, if I am subbing that player in to use my main team, the AI seem to be hell bent on becoming terminators around that player. Last night, Fuenzalida objective, the amount of absolute joke blocks the AI pulled out to stop me scoring with a Chilean player. Aiming far left of the goal, 1v1, no pressure and he shoves it row Z on the other side. Watching the replay the arrow is bottom left and the ball still goes high, right an wide. And it happens all too often.
  • Hubbabubba
    edited June 2
    Yes, it's definitely something strange with the difficulty. Proffesional it seems like they are much better at passing.
    I only play at legendary and the bronzes on ultimate.
  • garmak
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    You do get the games in squad battles where the other team is laughably overpowered for their rating. I know they're supposed to reflect people's teams, but do we really need to play against constant team press, high depth, CB's with 65 speed outpacing TOTS Mane, and players that never get tired for the whole game? The other teams seem to go in cycles from playing horribly to on steroids. Some consistency in the team's level reflecting their actual performance would be good. WL is a massive sweatfest, rivals is a grind, so where's the fun?
  • Batman442
    5025 posts Big Money Move
    Play a game on ultimate against a bronze squad and you will see how hard it does be
  • Hubbabubba
    I wonder if the slowness is connected to pressure.
    Was leading 2-0. My keeper did a ridiculous throw to the opposition player and they scored. After kick off my entire team moved like 90 year olds and they always had 2-3 players chasing me when i had the ball.
    They managed to score the equalizer but i soon managed to take the lead again.
    After that my players was ok again and no constant pressure anymore from the AI team and in the end the match ended 5-2.
  • JTal23
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I cant place Squad Battles and fun in the same sentence
  • Diggy
    14802 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2
    You just have to work out what tricks them

Fake shot & dragback work well also let them attack a bit counter attacking them is much easier
  • Skywalker XVII
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    Squad battles is only for torturing yourself if you need an objective completed, no way I would play it otherwise.
  • Dan_orme
    71 posts Park Captain
    Yesterday I beat AI 19-1 on professional today I lose 2-0 to some weird formation?!? I also had the Bob Marley kit on and the red was in yellow too.

09333-D20-8-F8-A-41-BA-A249-3660-ABE64858.jpg
    how to transfer a salvage title in texas
  • garmak
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dan_orme wrote: »
    Yesterday I beat AI 19-1 on professional today I lose 2-0 to some weird formation?!? I also had the Bob Marley kit on and the red was in yellow too.

09333-D20-8-F8-A-41-BA-A249-3660-ABE64858.jpg
    how to transfer a salvage title in texas

This sums it up.
  • BlackFridayRule
    1357 posts Professional
    Less repetative than rivals
  • V l u m s d e n
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    I enjoy offline more then online, ea really should keep objectives offline tho.
  • MrMTFC
    843 posts Semi-Pro
    Fun - No. I just find it really boring
  • Ballerson
    I did some fodder squad based in past few weeks when I had to play on world class & it was way easier and less frustrating. today on professional it’s been defenses going 100% with tackles — defense successfully knocking my players over when im doing pull packs, my much faster team much slower than what should be a much much slower team...typical ea junk...

Theres a difference between a good challenge versus the ai and utter stupidity... stupid is playing anything that has a 100% tackle rate and stupid is getting fouled w no calls or idiotic offsides calls Or ball rebounds causing goals for an ai team —the whole premise as its wired is dumb.. And the reason I created this thread was so others would give their opinion and guess what ea, a vast majority detest your squad games particularly at higher levels — they are stacked against us and they are the antithesis of fun—- good job developers!!!

Also development team, in 21 figure out the operative legal definition of “offsides”...your dumb jack mule programming is wrong more often than it is correct & your attempt for realism by allowing the offsides trap is a train wreck as it ruins gameplay and your refs have their proverbial head up their $&#%.,.

Your refs....i actually think most of your development team never played football, just were low level refs....which would explain alot about the state of the game....👎👍🙄

• Diggy
    14802 posts Has That Special Something
    Less repetative than rivals

Sometimes I agree with this