My latency is 12ms

1
barryw
2453 posts National Call-Up
And the gameplay feels sooo heavy. It's like the players are playing on the moon

Comments

  • unxius
    1060 posts Professional
    edited June 2020
    barryw wrote: »
    And the gameplay feels sooo heavy. It's like the players are playing on the moon

    I've opened a thread , but it's the controller interfering with the game, you'll need to use an unofficial wired controller, to get the game working smooth again
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro
    yeah thats great mate u have 12ms ping but your opponent could have 50ms ping and that will kill u with lag

    till we can see our opponents connection ping means zero
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro
    unxius wrote: »
    barryw wrote: »
    And the gameplay feels sooo heavy. It's like the players are playing on the moon

    I've opened a thread , but it's the controller interfering with the game, you'll need to use an unofficial wired controller, to get the game working smooth again

    i play with an unnoficial wored controller and it makes no difference lmfao

    to get the game running smooth ea needs to rethink they entire game
  • unxius
    1060 posts Professional
    unxius wrote: »
    barryw wrote: »
    And the gameplay feels sooo heavy. It's like the players are playing on the moon

    I've opened a thread , but it's the controller interfering with the game, you'll need to use an unofficial wired controller, to get the game working smooth again

    i play with an unnoficial wored controller and it makes no difference lmfao

    to get the game running smooth ea needs to rethink they entire game

    Have you got another controller to test this with
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    The ping it shows in this game is completely irrelevant. In any other game a ping under 20ms and the game plays flawlessly whereas a ping under 20ms in FIFA and you have the most unresponsive and delayed game possible. Just doesn't make sense.

    the ping we see is our connection to EA's server.

    you then have to factor in the person you're playing against and their connection to the server. whether they're on wireless or wired connection.

    the reason we have input delay is because of a few reason:

    -overloaded servers
    -your opponent has a poor connection so the game has to compensate for it so that it is both equal.
    -overloaded ISP

    as we all know, any other online game runs without issue, all day every day so we can pretty much guarantee that it is not your ISP that is overloaded in your area.

    i also think that your opponents connection isnt one of the main reasons we have button delay either because most people in europe have decent internet these days.
    ive played so many people at night time from spain, germany, holland, italy and the connection has been flawless.
    i wonder why? because the servers arent overloaded.
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Lowest I ever get is about 25 😂
  • Yoesi
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    EA dont have the server capacity to have this wast amount of players. It should be law that state that a developer of a game should buy servers with the capacity to give all players online a good connection/gameplay. If they then chose not to they should be limited to selling just the amount of copies that the servers have capacity for. Developers have to much freedom to do what they want. If a casino alternated their slot-machines at their own will they would be swimming in lawsuits. EA alternates the pack weight all the time but still no body does anything about it.....
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    I've a 10ms ping, same story when using optimal settings with 168Mb download, 21Mb upload. The game is unplayable with them settings, lag compensation screws you over. The only way I can get somewhat consistent gameplay is by reducing my connection speed down to 7.2Mb Download, 1.2Mb upload. Any lower than that, spotify won't play and need my tunes while playing.
  • Jonboyparker
    7489 posts League Winner
    It’s just a visual indicator to slow down complaints. It shows you ping which doesn’t really matter. They listened and put one in it. The game hasn’t changed... it does not change your opponent ping or the server speed
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    The games uses less than 1Mb per user per real minute, so 10-15mb will get consumed per FIFA match each side of the EA Host server, You can easily play off a 4G connection, ping will go up to 60-80ms, if you play someone with 20-40ms you will get lag compensation whatever the load up screen says is irrelevant, I had high hopes when I first saw it 18-20ms on wired but still have problems
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I've a 10ms ping, same story when using optimal settings with 168Mb download, 21Mb upload. The game is unplayable with them settings, lag compensation screws you over. The only way I can get somewhat consistent gameplay is by reducing my connection speed down to 7.2Mb Download, 1.2Mb upload. Any lower than that, spotify won't play and need my tunes while playing.

    you what?

    is this actually true...?

    also how do you reduce your own speed. do you have a router/firewall with QoS capabilities?
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2020
    i think that ping shows the connection to server.But your if your opponent's ping is higher,then lag compensation kicks in to equalize the gameplay for both sides.

    Im playing from Turkiye and i have 1500+km distance to nearest servers.

    I have 60ms ping and i think my ping affects my opponent too,

    So, Ea has to add more servers and has to make a better matchmaking system(for example wireless connection has to be matched with wireless connection)
  • Jonboyparker
    7489 posts League Winner
    gregsii wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I've a 10ms ping, same story when using optimal settings with 168Mb download, 21Mb upload. The game is unplayable with them settings, lag compensation screws you over. The only way I can get somewhat consistent gameplay is by reducing my connection speed down to 7.2Mb Download, 1.2Mb upload. Any lower than that, spotify won't play and need my tunes while playing.

    you what?

    is this actually true...?

    also how do you reduce your own speed. do you have a router/firewall with QoS capabilities?

    I believe it. My ping is around 20ms most of the time. It really doesn’t matter. Every time you log on you will get different game speed. This is proven and you can see it in game. You players are either sluggish or they are not. You know how they feel. It’s not a secret.

    The ms on show is purely your connection. It’s downs not show your opponent connentiom who could be in another country in 10mb for all you know.
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    Emrah wrote: »
    i think that ping shows the connection to server.But your if your opponent's ping is higher,then lag compensation kicks in to equalize the gameplay for both sides.

    Im playing from Turkiye and i have 1500+km distance to nearest servers.

    I have 60ms ping and i think my ping affects my opponent too,

    So, Ea has to add more servers and has to make a better matchmaking system(for example wireless connection has to be matched with wireless connection)

    do you play with button delay mate? curious to know if you do or not with a ping of 60 ms
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    gregsii wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I've a 10ms ping, same story when using optimal settings with 168Mb download, 21Mb upload. The game is unplayable with them settings, lag compensation screws you over. The only way I can get somewhat consistent gameplay is by reducing my connection speed down to 7.2Mb Download, 1.2Mb upload. Any lower than that, spotify won't play and need my tunes while playing.

    you what?

    is this actually true...?

    also how do you reduce your own speed. do you have a router/firewall with QoS capabilities?

    Netduma router, it's not a fix either, still get sluggish unresponsive games against mobile hotspot opponents. It just makes the gameplay more consistent, will have about 1 every 5 games that are unresponsive. Using optimal settings, every game is sluggish, unresponsive.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    barryw wrote: »
    And the gameplay feels sooo heavy. It's like the players are playing on the moon

    then you can imaging how much delay your opponents have with 30ms+ and how much connection advantage you have in the game...
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    My ping is Always, I mean ALWAYS 8ms except for very rare occasions where it get to 14 , however in 8 out 10 games I play I have connection disadvantage where my players hardly move and passes / shots are not registering how I intend them . Frustrating and weird!
  • Emrah
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    gregsii wrote: »
    Emrah wrote: »
    i think that ping shows the connection to server.But your if your opponent's ping is higher,then lag compensation kicks in to equalize the gameplay for both sides.

    Im playing from Turkiye and i have 1500+km distance to nearest servers.

    I have 60ms ping and i think my ping affects my opponent too,

    So, Ea has to add more servers and has to make a better matchmaking system(for example wireless connection has to be matched with wireless connection)

    do you play with button delay mate? curious to know if you do or not with a ping of 60 ms



    %40 of my games good but the remaining is bad with lots of delay
  • Wiljoy
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’ve never had lower than 24 ping. I do wonder if it’s like playing a different game all year to those with the really low ping.
  • Dragon0102
    827 posts Semi-Pro
    The ping it shows in this game is completely irrelevant. In any other game a ping under 20ms and the game plays flawlessly whereas a ping under 20ms in FIFA and you have the most unresponsive and delayed game possible. Just doesn't make sense.

    It’s called lag compensation, my friend.
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    I believe the pro's will know exactly what server they are on, & have an idea of opponents connection & throttle their router too suit, low ping on Fifa 20 is just a massive disadvantage, if your opponent is always double yours
  • You need to read this thread , it explains basically why it is happening. It's a deliberate netcode compensation to avoid laggy games. Not sure though why it affects some more than others.

    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/550632/lag-compensation-part2
  • Amdp9
    6855 posts Big Money Move
    It’s in the game , there is no route or new PS4 or PS5, New controllers and new you can do anything. Ea is pathetic not accepting the issues with servers
  • Wi1son73
    3967 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2020
    I’ve had so much issues with FIFA that I had to stop playing it. . I got so sick and tired with my constant sluggish slow delayed games, I thought when the London server was up and running I would start to compete and play a even game. I maybe got two weeks of decent gameplay, but soon the slow gameplay crept in.

    Over last two days I’ve started playing a few games after 2 months off, But nothing has changed, I’ve had the house by myself, 18ms every game, but makes no difference to my gameplay.

    I can’t be playing every single person that’s Is manipulating their isp, or playing poor connection. Surely the servers have a lot to do with this nonsense.
  • EekAlaska
    2946 posts National Call-Up
    How do you see your ping?
  • Pieman25
    19070 posts Moderator
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    How do you see your ping?

    Comes up at the match making screen.
  • milamber
    60 posts Park Captain
    I get 56ms ping in Australia (60 mbps connection). Squad Battles is silky smooth, Rivals not too bad usually. Ocassionally it suddenly feels like my players are walking through mud and my button presses take an extra second to animate, usually for an entire half.
  • Retropoe82
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    i took a page out of matt hd's book an set my xbox to 720p played alot smoother during WL still dont stop the old player warping around a ball tho..
Sign In or Register to comment.