CAMs for 4222

JWNYsg
3483 posts National Call-Up
Guys i wanted to ask what type of players thrive at the CAM role for 4222

I has been using 433 (4) and 4231 (2) so far but want to try a hybrid squad now and 4222 gives the best chem

other than instructions and tactics i personally feel only certain players who can operate like wingers can fill this gap and there's not much crossing to do

so players like TOTS Coutinho or Odegaard seems ok, but Muller or Santi Carzola may not suit the CAM role for this specific formation?

appreciate any advice. Thank you

Comments

• Chavez76
    7163 posts Big Money Move
    im playing 4222, but my cams are both wingers (Neymar, FB DI Maria) as I feel I need the speed in that position.
  • Realist
    3190 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah I’d go with similar type players as you would with wingers so speed is pretty important as well as dribbling and handy finishing of course. Depending on your price range players like tots Gomez and tots dybala would be good there for example
  • JWNYsg
    3483 posts National Call-Up
    Chavez76 wrote: »
    im playing 4222, but my cams are both wingers (Neymar, FB DI Maria) as I feel I need the speed in that position.

just curious why not just a 442 then since it is the same per se

i think the 4222 is just a variation for 442 that does not have the players in LM / Rm configuration
  • RoosterBlue
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    The CAMs are much better positioned in the 4222. They are much more involved.