First ever Elite on the line. I chose life instead. What would you choose?

golazo
1778 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 25
So I for the most part always play to 14 wins. First off because I can’t stand the game to play too long. Secondly the sweat of people is unbearable. Now I have been playing to 17 wins for the guaranteed red picks.

I usually end up around 14-3. Now like 17-4 for tots. I hit 17 fairly quick this time. Played most on Sunday evening/night. So just kept going. Got to 20-5. Was going to stop and watch a movie with the wifey. But got the green light to keep playing if wanted lol. So tried to hit elite for first time ever. Never played this long as well lol. Got to 21-5. Next game up 1-0 at min 60. Baby woke up. Wifey was having trouble to sleep him so quit my game to sleep him. 21-6. Come back get to 22-6. WL is coming to an end. Baby wakes up again. Strange night to get cranky. He is a good sleeper. Go back to sleep him. Finally he knocks out. Come back to 3 min left. Go into a game but it freezes on loading screen. Quit the game and reload. Get back in with one minute left but couldn’t find a game.

So I could’ve let baby cry longer or let wifey try to sleep him after she was having trouble. I chose to take action and get my little boy. Life is more important than any game, specially this game with all its negativity. I knew elite was probly gone when I chose this action.

What would you guys do in a similar life situation. Choose to hit your best record or choose an actual life moment?

Comments

  • You only get one red Ronaldo. You can have lots of babies 😉
  • golazo
    1778 posts Fans' Favourite
    You only get one red Ronaldo. You can have lots of babies 😉

    Aren’t Ronaldo’s in silver one anyways lol
  • kraid
    5774 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve played many games this weekend with my son on my shoulder. Multitask
  • ZeFeZ
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    Family above all mate. I've turned so many games off, because my son wasn't feeling well or my wife was tired.

    More important things than a Elite finish wich wont help you in life.
    Yet you're baby and your wife should be your number 1 in all things.
  • golazo
    1778 posts Fans' Favourite
    kraid wrote: »
    I’ve played many games this weekend with my son on my shoulder. Multitask

    I’m not trying to multitask with EA and FIFA
  • golazo
    1778 posts Fans' Favourite
    ZeFeZ wrote: »
    Family above all mate. I've turned so many games off, because my son wasn't feeling well or my wife was tired.

    More important things than a Elite finish wich wont help you in life.
    Yet you're baby and your wife should be your number 1 in all things.

    Exactly
  • ILevis
    1331 posts Professional
    edited May 25
    I am deeply impressed you took care of your child instead of playing weekend league. I dont think i could be as noble and self-sacrificing as you

    I personally would have ignored him and let him cry of course. Maybe give him up for adoption if he doesnt learn to be quiet during fifa time
  • DannySTFC
    5209 posts Big Money Move
    Come on, bad decision making, we’re all thinking it, you’ve lost the dressing room now.
  • golazo
    1778 posts Fans' Favourite
    ILevis wrote: »
    I am deeply impressed you took care of your child instead of playing weekend league. I dont think i could be as noble and self-sacrificing as you

    I personally would have ignored him and let him cry of course. Maybe give him up for adoption if he doesnt learn to be quiet during fifa time

    Are you adopted? It’s ok brotha. Smh
  • ILevis
    1331 posts Professional
    edited May 25
    golazo wrote: »
    ILevis wrote: »
    I am deeply impressed you took care of your child instead of playing weekend league. I dont think i could be as noble and self-sacrificing as you

    I personally would have ignored him and let him cry of course. Maybe give him up for adoption if he doesnt learn to be quiet during fifa time

    Are you adopted? It’s ok brotha. Smh

    No im not, but how is that relevant?

    I just think its weird to humble brag about the fact that you didnt ignore your own child for a videogame. Congratulations, you meet the absolute minimum requirement to not be a bad parent!
  • golazo
    1778 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 25
    ILevis wrote: »
    golazo wrote: »
    ILevis wrote: »
    I am deeply impressed you took care of your child instead of playing weekend league. I dont think i could be as noble and self-sacrificing as you

    I personally would have ignored him and let him cry of course. Maybe give him up for adoption if he doesnt learn to be quiet during fifa time

    Are you adopted? It’s ok brotha. Smh

    No im not, but how is that relevant?

    I just think its weird to humble brag about the fact that you didnt ignore your own child for a videogame. Congratulations, you meet the absolute minimum requirement to not be a bad parent!

    Woah you get bragging out of all of this lol. You meet the minimum requirement of a 12 year old.
  • kraid
    5774 posts Big Money Move
    golazo wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »
    I’ve played many games this weekend with my son on my shoulder. Multitask

    I’m not trying to multitask with EA and FIFA

    Why not? You got kids you gotta multitask all the time. I’ve got two and I can’t do anything at home without one of them getting involved 😂
  • DannySTFC
    5209 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 25
    golazo wrote: »
    ILevis wrote: »
    golazo wrote: »
    ILevis wrote: »
    I am deeply impressed you took care of your child instead of playing weekend league. I dont think i could be as noble and self-sacrificing as you

    I personally would have ignored him and let him cry of course. Maybe give him up for adoption if he doesnt learn to be quiet during fifa time

    Are you adopted? It’s ok brotha. Smh

    No im not, but how is that relevant?

    I just think its weird to humble brag about the fact that you didnt ignore your own child for a videogame. Congratulations, you meet the absolute minimum requirement to not be a bad parent!

    Woah you get bragging out of all of this lol. You meet the minimum requirement of a 12 year old.

    To be fair, completely understand where @ILevis is coming from on this one, family being more important then a game doesn’t need pointing out. Not looking for an argument, just my opinion, there’s a humble brag vibe feeling.
  • marocfifa_8
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Imagine thinking there is a choice between your own child and a video game. 😂 sound like some crack addicts
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Sell the kid. Won't happen again.
  • AjaxLegends
    3776 posts National Call-Up
    I would have watched a movie with the wifey at Gold 1.
  • Thorny
    1219 posts Professional
    Well this a bizarre thread...

    You value your newborn child over a video game? Congratulations!
  • BigPapiFifa89
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thorny wrote: »
    Well this a bizarre thread...

    You value your newborn child over a video game? Congratulations!

  • Oweyman
    1205 posts Professional
    Thorny wrote: »
    Well this a bizarre thread...

    You value your newborn child over a video game? Congratulations!

    @golazo
Sign In or Register to comment.