Realistic assessment: why does the ball always go to the opponent?

jplumber
1712 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 23
Hi all,
I’ve now played two games a a row in champs in which literally every loose ball went to my opponent. This was paired to the usual striker magnetism (shoot, block, get the ball back, tackle, get the ball back, score) i want to understand why this happens. I’m not interested in conspiracy theories, i want a believable answer; it’s just so frustrating that it’s almost a game breaker at this point

Comments

• James Libby
    7330 posts Big Money Move
    Answer: physics

Off-topic question: How's the lumber business treating you these days?
  • jplumber

But physics that are way off and not believable at all
  • James Libby
    jplumber wrote: »

Says the lumberjack.
  • lastfifa
    2311 posts Fans' Favourite
    Coin will turn and you will get magnet boots for some games.Some blame it on delay and that kind of stuf. Same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ happens against ai in squad batles. Every aspect of this game is rigged.
  • James Libby
    Just cause it isn't favoring you doesn't mean it's broken.
  • jplumber
    edited May 23

Says the lumberjack.

If you think I’m going to respond to your ludicrous prodding you are mistaken. But I will ask you this: Do you really think that the opponent getting a massive boost in that way is a product of a balanced physics system?
  • James Libby
    You're misconstruing the lucky breaks your opponent gets for physics, mate. Sometimes it will favor you, sometimes it will favor your opponent. Amazingly, that's what happens IRL too.

I legitimately thought you were a lumberjack - it's in your name. My b.
  • jplumber
    edited May 23

lol, i don’t want the system to favour me. No one should be favoured, but that’s what it feels like is going on in some games
  • HulkSmashPotato
    978 posts Professional
    Realistic answer..... Mystery ball if they can do that they can do anything
  • James Libby

lol, i don’t want the system to favour me. No one should be favoured, but that’s what it feels like is going on in some games

So you admit what prompted you to speak out was the fact your opponent was being favored?

I think we're done here.

TIMMMMMMMBBBBBBERRRR!
  • jplumber

So you admit what prompted you to speak out was the fact your opponent was being favored?

I think we're done here.

TIMMMMMMMBBBBBBERRRR!

Yes, i think it’d be best if you left. Your only purpose here seems to be to make jokes at my expense. Go somewhere else with your insecurities. For people who are actually interested in this thread: I’m saying that it ‚s very conspicuous that the game mechanics are flawed and can’t offer a fair and balanced game. Inconsistencies are often responsible for the scoreline and not necessarily the skill of the players, especially if they’re evenly matched.
  • BondJame5Collins
    2008 posts Fans' Favourite
    The believable answer is that it's a conspiracy theory. We've all played this game enough now to know it's not a fair game. That and delayed gameplay.
  • Azof
    17930 posts World Class
    Strange how everyone on the forums has things going against them but the things they cry about never go in their favour.
  • BondJame5Collins
    edited May 23
    Azof wrote: »
    Strange how everyone on the forums has things going against them but the things they cry about never go in their favour.

What are you talking about. A lot of people, myself included, have said this game is glitched and no fun, even when you are winning.
  • James Libby

What are you talking about. A lot of people, myself included, have said this game is glitched and no fun, even when you are winning.

That doesn't change his point though. Regardless of how any of us feel about the game the only thing people complain about are the things that don't favor them.
  • Vichy360
    264 posts Sunday League Hero

That doesn't change his point though. Regardless of how any of us feel about the game the only thing people complain about are the things that don't favor them.

Not true
    Ask Tekkz
  • BondJame5Collins

Rubbish. I've said countless times that one sided delay has ruined the game. When i lose, i can't do anything. When i win, i can tell my opponent can't do anything.

People are moaning because this is a huge problem. People have put money into this game and it's decided by who gets the better connection, can you not see that is a big problem?
  • James Libby

Rubbish. I've said countless times that one sided delay has ruined the game. When i lose, i can't do anything. When i win, i can tell my opponent can't do anything.

People are moaning because this is a huge problem. People have put money into this game and it's decided by who gets the better connection, can you not see that is a big problem?

And that's cute - what you've said.

This thread - the one we're talking about? yeah? It's moaning about the ball always - I'll repeat: ALWAYS - every time with no exception - going to the opponent. Thus, the point stands.
  • Ballerson
    564 posts An Exciting Prospect

You are a moron and that doesn’t favor me. Your comments are inane.
  • BondJame5Collins

This thread - the one we're talking about? yeah? It's moaning about the ball always - I'll repeat: ALWAYS - every time with no exception - going to the opponent. Thus, the point stands.

But it's a thing? When you are on the wrong side of the connection, it happens, and there is nothing you can do about it. Passes and blocks go straight back to your opponent, you just have to hope that you and the AI can keep blocking.
  • James Libby

But it's a thing? When you are on the wrong side of the connection, it happens, and there is nothing you can do about it. Passes and blocks go straight back to your opponent, you just have to hope that you and the AI can keep blocking.

There is absolutely no evidence that connection affects which way the ball bounces.

Lag - sure. Stop-start dribbling - yes. But the physics favor the opponent because they have better internet?!?

Come on, lad. Surely you can't be serious.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5860 posts Big Money Move
    Hi all,
    I’ve now played two games a a row in champs in which literally every loose ball went to my opponent. This was paired to the usual striker magnetism (shoot, block, get the ball back, tackle, get the ball back, score) i want to understand why this happens. I’m not interested in conspiracy theories, i want a believable answer; it’s just so frustrating that it’s almost a game breaker at this point

EA added hand holding mechanics to aid players off the ball.

Defenders get pace boosts, shots get blocked even if they shouldn't be blocked, players stumble and stutter giving defenders a chance to recover, the defender is always favourite to get the loose ball and their ball control when bringing down a ball from an attacking pass is better than that of the attacker trying to claim the ball.

All added to aid those that make mistakes or aren't good enough to hold the ball, could be because EA don't want those bad players that drop 5k and have mega teams getting beaten by a better player with a 20k team, or EA want to keep the skill gap as close as possible but these features have been in the game for the last 3 years and are usually added after the 1st/2nd patch of the year.
  • BondJame5Collins

There is absolutely no evidence that connection affects which way the ball bounces.

Lag - sure. Stop-start dribbling - yes. But the physics favor the opponent because they have better internet?!?

Come on, lad. Surely you can't be serious.

Ok mate.
  • GoonerSoldier
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    Go to the DEFAULT controller settings EA have setup. Everything is set to AUTOMATIC. That's the reason ball physics don't exist anymore in Gameplay. The Arcade Gameplay is based on Algorithms instead of free flowing Football.
  • Fotbal_love_12
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    And why does it go through your keepers torso or hands
  • Queens11
    2309 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 23

Come on, lad. Surely you can't be serious. [/quote]

As u seem to be one of the smartest guys I’ve ever seen on the forum with all this talk about physics u can obviously tell me how the ball can bounce of the post and players at completely impossible and unnatural angles
    I’ve always been curious how this happens in such a well made game and have been waiting for a genius like yourself that could explain this

@James Libby
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Realistic answer..... Mystery ball if they can do that they can do anything

Ding! Ding!! We have a winner, ladies and gentleman!! Play a “mistery ball” and /or “No rules” match and you will understand 90% of the weird stuff that happens in the regular game mode.
  • jplumber

God, I apologise for using hyperbole. I was referring to those games that clearly facour one side. Yes, I’ve also profited and win games that felt marked. I didn’t enjoy that either.
  • EA_Roger
    1264 posts EA Community Manager
    Closing this down as it's clearly run it's course.
This discussion has been closed.