How to keep CBs in position

Ballerson
586 posts An Exciting Prospect
I give up more goals because somehow my cbs leave inexcusably wide spaces At the worst times. Often I am tracking a fast winger w my cdm as the winger runs to the middle of the box from the right or left wing....its too iffy to try to switch to cb as the swtiching is often unreliable — cbs do the worst things footballwise — like tracking a player w out the ball or running the opposite way. I have Sbc boateng, FB Hernández & Mukiele- interchangeable...chemistry w rb & lb perfect w davies & hakimi...

I used tactics press after heavy touch, changed to basic, 3 depth and width now..still find the cbs can be 3rd division decision wise... any way to improve this?

Also, how is it opps block so many of my damn shots w their cbs??

Comments

• number5
    68 posts Park Captain
    Honestly one of the only things I noticed for getting cb's to not get dragged or follow a run for too long is to have as many people behind the ball as possible. I hate playing that way but most formations I use now have to have full back staying back and two mids in the center back. Playing anything under 5 depth can help because there isn't enough space behind your line for them to make mistakes
  • JWNYsg
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    narrow the width or depth of your defensive instruction? custom tactic

worked for me but occasionally the opponent get-in behind feature will fall through. IE - not 100% full proof
  • number5
    68 posts Park Captain
    As far as other people blocking so well, I'd also like to know. Everything they say to do online is what I already do and I have opponents cb's who can just lock on to Everything. Probably button delay tbh
  • JWNYsg
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    i wouldn't do "press heavy touch" or "aggressive interception". You can manually defend that
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    number5 wrote: »
    As far as other people blocking so well, I'd also like to know. Everything they say to do online is what I already do and I have opponents cb's who can just lock on to Everything. Probably button delay tbh

Wish there was a way to confirm this as I’ve had games where 20 shots are blocked.

Thanks to all who responded..

• Mercenary
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 22
    Ballerson wrote: »
    number5 wrote: »

Wish there was a way to confirm this as I’ve had games where 20 shots are blocked.

Thanks to all who responded..

Blocking and interceptions are entirely handled by the AI. In fact, if you have your CB manually selected and position him well, they will almost never block or intercept. That is why people only deploy their center backs when they have to or in a last ditch effort.