Is anyone else admittedly crap at this game?

Comments

• WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    RA22Y wrote: »
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    RA22Y wrote: »
    I had a rating of 0 yesterday. I must have quit 300 games this year, at least. Lots of them while drawing, and some while winning.

If I come up against an idiot 'exploiting the meta' I just quit. I only play against people who play it like a proper game of football.

This thinking would do my stress levels the world of good.

Don't worry about your record. Don't worry about your rating. Top rewards from Div 10 are decent with so many valuable silver players. Go for Elite on squad battles as well.

I have a team with TOTY Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, TOTSSF Henderson, untradeable Mane, headliner Wijnaldum, icons Dalglish & Litmanen, plus Nesta, Raul, Zambrotta and Crespo. I got C Ronaldo untradeable.

I've done all the milestones players, most of the objectives players and got all the seasons objectives completed.

I don't play weekend league. I also don't stress about the game. I wish gameplay was more rewarding, but it isn't and won't change.

Thanks for the advice. I think I may take this attitude more!
  • RA22Y
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Surely no one believes Fifa 19 was closer to reality then Fifa 20? That’s a joke right?

Last year was about la croquettas, flick up shots, flick up crosses, el tornado crosses, first time shots from stupid angles. Last year was entirely down to who could exploit the mechanics best, it was nothing to do with football.

Fifa 20 isn’t perfect don’t get me wrong, but there’s a lot less exploits in this game compared to last year. Most of the people who moan this game is worst then last year are the ones who manipulated the flick up shots etc to get wins. There’s definitely a bigger skill gap this year, not saying the gameplays perfect at all but last year was a joke and many people have forgotten how bad it was.

I'm not saying 19 was better. I was better as I like playing with big players and I love a header! Headers are scored quite regularly in real football so didn't find that too bad.

I would say el tornado and scoop shot were done more by players of a high level and I didn't see it too often. Drag back is done by everyone.

My problem isn't with fifa 20 but with how unrealistic fifa has been for years with stupid exploits.

EA need to have a system to track how often a player does a particular thing during games, and gradually make the error rate higher for those things. Force people to vary their game.
  • NinthFall
    2567 posts National Call-Up
    I am. Been G3/S1 all year
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    NinthFall wrote: »
    I am. Been G3/S1 all year

Have you been s1 during totssf at all? I've found the picks are a lot better than gold 3!
  • NinthFall
    2567 posts National Call-Up
    Staxdoobie wrote: »
    I’m absolutely crap. I’m pretty sure the only people I beat in Rivals are 6-year-olds or mindless drunk. God knows why I play it. I just like collecting the shiny cards.

So u the one whooping my 🎃🎃🎃🎃 friday saturday nights
  • mway
    2179 posts Fans' Favourite
    It´s difficult to know which one is your level in this game. For instance, during a WL I´ve played against the same team I faced in rivals a few days before ( I know the guy that play with that team ) I won 5-1, while in rivals I lost 4-0. So what´s my level?

Anyway, all I´ve learned playing FUT It´s worth when I face my friends online or offline. I really feel I´m better than before and I won most of the games easily. When comes to FUT I don´t see any improvements. My results are always the same.
  • Edge01
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not sure if I remember correctly but wasn't WL 40 games last year and this year it's only 30.
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah I have to agree I used to be okay , I too am a big fan of “ real “ football . I try not to abuse the mechanics where I can .

I think the birth of places like this , you tube social media has allowed people to literally get so much information about Fifa and what works best that the standard has gone up every year . I think you have to be a really good player to hit 20 wins this year , like really good
  • Thehubby
    1978 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah I agree 2 years ago i was winning division 1 now this year my average division is 4 and some off the players I meet it's like they are toying with me lol
  • Marty_McFly1
    75 posts Park Captain
    I'm not good, just about get gold 3 each week. I know absolutely no skill moves and can't be bothered to learn any either.
  • Thehubby
    1978 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm not good, just about get gold 3 each week. I know absolutely no skill moves and can't be bothered to learn any either.

This is me I'm old school I know how to pass
  • Ballerson
    1256 posts Professional
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    Me. I try to play actual football and always end up losing because of it...

A football game that is not about football is something incredible

I feel the more you want to play football the worse you become at Fifa

Mostly accurate — no headers for goal unless Valdemort is active is enug to make this a simulation of German youth indoor hall tournaments — wait, I’ve said this like 20xs before —

The young pros I know don’t touch this game tbh, when they do & I watch them, they laugh and complain about the same things we do — but from my experience the real people who play thie real game well — don’t play this anymore -
  • Gone Postal
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm 39 with 3 young kids. Haven't touched weekend league in years. Only really play rivals for objectives so never use a main team per say but I'm bad! Don't skill and sitting in Div 9! Managed to get Rio in 1st swaps, Essien in 2nd and a token away from Maradona but still undecided between him, Rush and Dalglish
  • Numlocked_
    2350 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm 39 with 3 young kids. Haven't touched weekend league in years. Only really play rivals for objectives so never use a main team per say but I'm bad! Don't skill and sitting in Div 9! Managed to get Rio in 1st swaps, Essien in 2nd and a token away from Maradona but still undecided between him, Rush and Dalglish

Maradona is real fun to use. I recommend him. Dont worry about the week foot. Hé scored Some absolute screamers for me off his right foot

• NucksNation
    4323 posts National Call-Up
    Played my first WL two weeks ago finished 10-something.. didn’t get S1 so I had to grind again for fut WL points.. this week finished S1.. well I stopped with 2 games remaining, I guess I’m back next week.
    Rivals playing objectives went up to div 5.. dropped to 9.. got my 🎃🎃🎃🎃 kicked in div 9.. hammered people in div 6 so go figure.. back to div 7 now and I’m losing 0-5 and winning 8-1.. 6-6 tie, and few other wins, while using gotze gold
  • Hetenteen
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah me, my team is very decent and I have been playing since fifa 94 on Sega but the last few years I haven't played enough.
    At the best I'm div5 and get like 12 wins max during WL
  • MrMTFC
    2099 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's been crap for me, never really aged wl until this year but I'm in division 5 this year.

I was division 1 last few years so doubt I've got so 🎃🎃🎃🎃 at this to actually drop that far in half this games cycle. Never bought fp so probably ea's greed pushing me down now
  • Gone Postal
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Numlocked_ wrote: »

Maradona is real fun to use. I recommend him. Dont worry about the week foot. Hé scored Some absolute screamers for me off his right foot

Yeah I'm thinking Maradona on market value alone. I have 1.8m so I could prob still buy Rush n Dalglish. Heard bad things about Maradona's stamina
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6635 posts Big Money Move
    I'm dreadful, especially since the last patch . I've gone from 1000 skill points to 300 and i got silver 1 last week an silver 2 this week. Every other wl I've been gold 3
  • abhreebhu_45
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Last year I was gold 2 regularly and sometimes gold 3. This year its regularly silver 1 and sometimes gold 3.

I guess its because I still see this as a football game where vision and beautiful passing should be credited. However, skills and drag backs are far too OP and its just not football anymore.

Oh well, silver 1 op got me Fekir last week so see what Thursday brings!

I too believe in that philosophy,,,

Still m pretty bad at using skill moves(even drag backs)
  • abhreebhu_45
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Surely no one believes Fifa 19 was closer to reality then Fifa 20? That’s a joke right?

Last year was about la croquettas, flick up shots, flick up crosses, el tornado crosses, first time shots from stupid angles. Last year was entirely down to who could exploit the mechanics best, it was nothing to do with football.

Fifa 20 isn’t perfect don’t get me wrong, but there’s a lot less exploits in this game compared to last year. Most of the people who moan this game is worst then last year are the ones who manipulated the flick up shots etc to get wins. There’s definitely a bigger skill gap this year, not saying the gameplays perfect at all but last year was a joke and many people have forgotten how bad it was.

19 was an all round better gaming experience. I never performed el tornado or la croquesttas and made it to DIV 1 playing 532. Gameplay was better, content was better, SBCs were better, market was better.

19 was not better because of spamming of skill moves(ppl wld literally chain la croq from kick off n score),, overpowered heading(just cross at that far post n get a goal),,, ai defending(ppl wld switch to a front man, n let ai make all the blocks n tackles) ,,,constant press was op

20 was better when released,, but those uncalled changes have somewhat ruined it
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    *Raises Hand*

I used to be a Gold 1/2 player, now I can barely hit Gold 3 (if I’m lucky) and I have an absolute god squad. :joy:
  • Seeleyjs17
    1242 posts Professional
    Yupp I'm crap. Constantly getting silver one and a blue moon will hit g3. Part of the problem is I refuse to use meta formations and meta players. I would rather be crap and have fun then be decent and get no enjoyment
  • Bolly8080
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep me keep getting 10wins its doing my head in.cant even get silver 1 the amount of 90min 🎃🎃🎃🎃 goals I conceded is ridiculous at least 6 this weekend league.and then obviously the fifa gods make me lose
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    406 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yeah I’m also crap!

I’m that crap that I don’t even bother playing rivals! And as for weekend league...looooooool.

I just play a few squad battle games now against teams that are low rated and low chemistry on legendary. I absolutely beat the crap out of those teams!

• Mego
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Guys, does every one notice that you stick in WL rank since we bought fifa? does this tells you something?
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    I've found this year particularly frustrating because they seem to have nerfed everything that made me a good FIFA player such as crosses, target men etc and buffed everything I'm rubbish at like skill moves etc. The only skill move I can time is a berba spin. I'm hopeless at even timing ball rolls.
  • v4vendetta1978
    3238 posts National Call-Up
    Complicated for me if I have great gameplay for a consistent amount of time then yeah I get used to it and am quite decent, the game then turns to mud and the other team is on crack then lose all confidence. Play on and after a while I get used to that and I can start to win games again , the problem is over 30 games you have no chance to find out if you are good or not it’s not a fair game it’s definitely not a esports game . Been playing for 10 years and never learnt a skill move so as you can imagine as the years go by this game is getting beyond me.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16645 posts World Class
    G2 consistently for the past 4-5 weeks now I think there was a G1 finish there.
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    *Raises Hand*

I used to be a Gold 1/2 player, now I can barely hit Gold 3 (if I’m lucky) and I have an absolute god squad. :joy:

😂😂Same brother. Getting murdered by NIF Dembele when I've got TOTY Van Dijk and Prime icon Desailly at CB 😂