Is this 93 Witsel a win for us or a trick to drain fodders?

URBirdman
1497 posts Play-Off Hero
I know 140K SBC for a 93 rated good looking card is attractive, however, I do see several caveats on this card:

1. low acceleration. We all know for CDM acceleration is much much more important than sprint speed, unfortunately, this card has lower acceleration than the flashback Sahin who was released 3 weeks ago. The fancy pace stats after shadow on this card may not translate to quick in game runs.

2. low balance. I'm not a person saying 90+ balance is essential, but I do get worried when a card has only 74 balance. I don't know well this card can hold the ball and turn in midfield...

3. Clunky in game model. It's obvious that there are hidden things besides the stats determining how a card move and dribble in game. Unfortunately, Witsel has been clunky like a trunk in FIFA20, I doubt this one would be different.

4. There are so many good choices for pure CDM position at this stage of the game (I assume people are not going to use this card for attacking). I have tried TOTS Anselmo and TOTS Kroos (both red pick) and they both the the defending job down perfectly. Even for people who must use bundesliga CDM, you got SBC players FB Kimmich, moment Goretzka, and FB Sahin (if you have to use bundesliga CDM, I assume you have done at least one of this SBC), and tradeable options like TOTS Kimmich and SS Mbabu. I doubt Witsel is comparable to any of them.

I do have some fodders but not plenty of fodders, do you guys think I should spend them on this SBC? I do need some suggestion

Comments

• Fifapayne
    5017 posts Big Money Move
    He has 90+ ball control and 86 dribbling he can hold the ball well.
    You don’t need to be turning on a dime with him.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2020
    Witsel

k39VszF.png

A random midfielder who everyone likes

ptaW8SW.png
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Witsel

k39VszF.png

ptaW8SW.png

apparently Gullit is better... 5 start week foot, high balance (considering his height), high acceleration, good in game model, overpowered hair...

Bro, do you think stats tell everything in game...? there are something hidden. A well known example is that prime Figo is slower with ball in game than mid Figo, although having higher pace and dribbling relevant stats...
  • Jpo41
    1825 posts Play-Off Hero
    Of course it is a trick. EA has realized an affordable CDM for each league so far, then they will jack up the rating of the guaranteed one.
  • NucksNation
    4341 posts National Call-Up
    cost me 3k and bunch of untradrable players that I had never or going to use.. I know I could have used it again but what if regret doing this and he happened to be good
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    cost me 3k and bunch of untradrable players that I had never or going to use.. I know I could have used it again but what if regret doing this and he happened to be good

so have you tried him? Is this 93 Witsel good in game?
  • NucksNation
    URBirdman wrote: »

so have you tried him? Is this 93 Witsel good in game?

He’s definitely better than his 85.. I didn’t have his Xmas one..
    I only tried him one game so it’s not a justice or good enough review but he felt strong and good on ball and I need a good chem on him for quickness
  • SmokeSwift1
    4285 posts National Call-Up
    He is insane value for a CDM. He is only the only CDM with M/H that has 4* WF and 4* skills.
    With Shadow he is fast enough.
    I am someone that play high depth, i need my midfielder that doesn't lose the ball too much. He is great value. Don't fooled to buy tots CDMs like De jong, Phillips who are 800K plus. After getting high rated red picks, i probably only spent like 10K. I love him and currently 11-0
  • NucksNation
    He is insane value for a CDM. He is only the only CDM with M/H that has 4* WF and 4* skills.
    I am someone that play high depth, i need my midfielder that doesn't lose the ball too much. He is great value. Don't fooled to buy tots CDMs like De jong, Phillips who are 800K plus. After getting high rated red picks, i probably only spent like 10K. I love him and currently 11-0

What team are you using him on?
  • Kaldmann_X
    412 posts Sunday League Hero

Yeah, so the cost is actually a lot higher than 3k. More like the cost you'll find on Futbin.
  • NucksNation
    Kaldmann_X wrote: »

Yeah, so the cost is actually a lot higher than 3k. More like the cost you'll find on Futbin.

Well yah ofcourse lol.. I’m just saying, at this point everyone has 84/85 rated players in their club collecting dust
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero

do you think he is better than TOTS Anselmo + shadow as CDM?
  • Mercenary
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2020
    This card looks good but doesn't fit my team at all, only could get him on 8 chem max. And I pretty much have plenty of CDMs that are maybe not as strong defensively as him, but are much more well rounded in other areas and fit way better in my team. Think I'll pass.
  • SmokeSwift1
    4285 posts National Call-Up

@NucksNation Only reason not to do him is if you can't link him, otherwise he is steal
    Screenshot-20200515-230718-Companion.jpg
  • NucksNation

@NucksNation Only reason not to do him is if you can't link him, otherwise he is steal
    Screenshot-20200515-230718-Companion.jpg

He fits in perfectly for you!.. I did it incase I pack a decent bundes or make a hybrid.
  • NinthFall
    2572 posts National Call-Up
    Witsel

k39VszF.png

ptaW8SW.png

Stats mean nothing when players have characteristics and animations that either are meta or not.

Witsel is good statswise, a decent card IG, but he's not Gullit. He's nowhere near the level of Gullit. I packed his mid earlier and it's just two different worlds. Stats really don't mean all that much
  • NucksNation
    NinthFall wrote: »
    Witsel

k39VszF.png

ptaW8SW.png

Stats mean nothing when players have characteristics and animations that either are meta or not.

Witsel is good statswise, a decent card IG, but he's not Gullit. He's nowhere near the level of Gullit. I packed his mid earlier and it's just two different worlds. Stats really don't mean all that much

I’m sorry... are you comparing a 150k sbc witsel with this guy..
    2815dacf4b205d21f6a1a52dff638320.jpg
  • RexAnglo1066
    3435 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2020
    I have his FutMAS version so is it worth it?

My club is pretty threadbare, fodder wise, though I have about 150k tied up in some players.

I wouldn't be interested in using the 93 as fodder again, so is it that good a card (not for the price, just good full stop).

I have a few decent CDM already, Kante, FB Diaz, the aforementioned FutMAS version of Witsel himself, Thorsby, a few in my Chilean hybrid whose name I can't remember (Chilean plays for A.C Milan).

None, except maybe Kante, are end game, (though are adequate for my level of interest) but I am thinking I'd rather save any coinage for a third CB to go with Refresh Ake and VVD.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2020
    Witsel

k39VszF.png

ptaW8SW.png

no one is comparing Witsel with Gullit... The reason he said Gullit was better than this 93 Witsel is only because there was a guy in this thread who was trying to prove this 93 Witsel was great by posting Witsel's stats and Gullit's stats... He was just pointing out looking at the stats alone was meaningless, as other factors also affect card's in game performance.

I'm more curious how is 93 Witsel compared to TOTS Anselmo, SS Mbabu, TOTS Kimmich, as well as previous SBC players like FB Kimmich, moment Goretzka, and FB Sahin. Among those players I mentioned, several are cheaper or may be cheaper in the future than this 93 Witzel.
  • NucksNation
    URBirdman wrote: »
    Witsel

k39VszF.png

ptaW8SW.png

no one is comparing Witsel with Gullit... The reason he said Gullit was better than this 93 Witsel is only because there was a guy in this thread who was trying to prove this 93 Witsel was great by posting Witsel's stats and Gullit's stats... He was just pointing out looking at the stats alone was meaningless, as other factors also affect card's in game performance.

I'm more curious how is 93 Witsel compared to TOTS Anselmo, SS Mbabu, TOTS Kimmich, as well as previous SBC players like FB Kimmich, moment Goretzka, and FB Sahin. Among those players I mentioned, several are cheaper or may be cheaper in the future than this 93 Witzel.

My apologies, I was t referring to your post but original stats of comparing the two.. of stats and player were identical, price wouldn’t 6.4mil apart
  • Mercenary
    edited May 2020
    Haha I said I wouldn't do it but I did. Cost me only 1800 coins... so I beat the guy who did it for 3000 coins lol.
    My premium Eder Militao has been set back by some time. Hope this guy is worth it on 7/8 chem...
  • NucksNation
    Mercenary wrote: »
    Haha I said I wouldn't do it but I did. Cost me only 1800 coins... so I beat the guy who did it for 3000 coins lol.
    My premium Eder Militao has been set back by some time. Hope this guy is worth it on 7/8 chem...

Congrats dude.. I only needed onana lol got him for 6k and picked a bundes CB that went for 3k
  • Mercenary

Congrats dude.. I only needed onana lol got him for 6k and picked a bundes CB that went for 3k

Haha thx, I only needed to buy Casteels for 1800 coins. I already have 4 or 5 quality CDMs that I can play on 7/8 chem but everyone and their grandma on this forum and youtube was raving how awesome this guy is... really wish this SBC had no expiry date but it is what it is. Really hope he's worth it, pretty much broke with most of my fodder gone.
  • NucksNation

Haha thx, I only needed to buy Casteels for 1800 coins. I already have 4 or 5 quality CDMs that I can play on 7/8 chem but everyone and their grandma on this forum and youtube was raving how awesome this guy is... really wish this SBC had no expiry date but it is what it is. Really hope he's worth it, pretty much broke with most of my fodder gone.

I’m happy that it has expiry.. otherwise it would be worthless and people that are gonna miss out on him
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    There have been uncountable overpriced SBCs with little regard for the community throughout the year. Yet once EA releases a well-priced gem in a blue moon like Witsel, people find a reason to complain. This card literally has the perfect combination of stats, WRs and 4*/4*. No brainer really if you can half-link him.
  • GLAN12
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I really don’t get what people want from Fifa sometimes . The card costs nothing to complete at this stage of the game . Sure the card isn’t unbelievable , I’ve played him for around 8 games now and he’s decent . Really huge presence in midfield.
    Someone asked earlier if he’s better than TOTS anselmo and I don’t think there’s too much difference
  • Kvkortrijk19
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Going to make a new belgium team ( need that amuzu from the pro league sbc! )
  • Boysie91
    13962 posts World Class
    I done him and only played 3 games with him but I will say this I've noticed even with stay back instruction on him he likes to push up the pitch because he has high attack position. He is my CDM in 41212 (2) and sometimes ends up swapping with a CM.
  • mr_flibble
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    I already have untradable totss hendo, kovavic and fernandinho. Is he a better cdm than fernandinho?
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well I’ve used baby Vieira for over 100 games and SBC Witsel for 10 and so far Witsel feels better in game and an upgrade overall! Baby Vieira costs 1 mill, Witsel costs 150k. Value for money is there.