Matchmaking Division 6/7 with Division 4

GoonerDude81
1010 posts Professional
Played against a guy in rivals with an unbelievable team. Messaged him good game and he told me he’s in division 4 almost division 3. I’m division 6 almost division 7, playing with normal Gold cards.

Come on EA what on Earth are you playing at? @EARoger

Comments

• GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    Does anyone think this is a little messed up?
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Its rubbish, he's talking BS to say that he's in Div 4, unless he meant that he relegated himself and meant his normal division is 4

Did the objectives and now he's using his god squad etc to get back up quickly
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    Pooter wrote: »
    Its rubbish, he's talking BS to say that he's in Div 4, unless he meant that he relegated himself and meant his normal division is 4

Nope. I asked him if he relegated and he was quite clear he was in division 4. He said he already did objectives and dropped down to four from three, so I think your theory is out the window there.
  • Pooter

Nope. I asked him if he relegated and he was quite clear he was in division 4. He said he already did objectives and dropped down to four from three, so I think your theory is out the window there.

Do you expect him to tell you the truth? Come on, be serious will you? Next you will be saying that Div 1 players are down in Div 10 because of some "mismatch"
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional

Do you expect him to tell you the truth? Come on, be serious will you? Next you will be saying that Div 1 players are down in Div 10 because of some "mismatch"

Mate. This isn’t the first time it’s happened. I’ve spoken to people before who were playing in higher divisions. Not everyone is a liar, you know. Is it that hard to believe that EA’s matchmaking algorithm is faulty?!
  • Saints92
    49 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2020
    I'm in Division 6, have won 2 of my last 10 games (1 in the last 6), and have a 90 rated squad.

I've not played a single squad rated less than 93 tonight, and not a single striker has started who is rated under 96.

Theres zero chance I'm playing folk in division 6 every match.
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    edited May 2020
    Saints92 wrote: »
    I'm in Division 6, have won 2 of my last 10 games (1 in the last 6), and have a 90 rated squad.

I've not played a single squad rated less than 93 tonight, and not a single striker has started who is rated under 96.

Theres zero chance I'm playing folk in division 6.

Message them and ask next time. I’m intrigued to see just what divisions we’re playing against.
  • EekAlaska
    2952 posts National Call-Up
    I thought it was known you could face players in at least one Division above and below the one you are currently in.
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    I thought it was known you could face players in at least one Division above and below the one you are currently in.

That would be fine, but the jump from division 6 to division 4 is massive.
  • NinthFall
    2698 posts National Call-Up
    I had this exact problem last night. Literally lost 15 games. People having 10m teams with high rated reds in div 7 all of a sudden
  • Saints92
    49 posts Park Captain
    NinthFall wrote: »
    I had this exact problem last night. Literally lost 15 games. People having 10m teams with high rated reds in div 7 all of a sudden

Division 6 and just matched against someone with 3 La Liga RED players...
  • The_Faries_76
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've posted the same thing on here a few times. There is no divisions.
    Icon swaps and other objectives is the perfect way to hide this. You play rivals on a Thursday night the standard of opponent is high, as a lot of WL players are on testing new teams etc, play rival on a Sunday and your win rate will be higher as the standard is a lot lower, because WL players are burnt out.
  • alvchong
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    yes, last night i testing Militao at division 7, i feel like i should not have done Militao, because player that i meet all won't let my defender touch the ball. Precision passing, short touches, and they have a lot of spaces, not to mentioned simply hammered by them with more than 5 goals. It shouldn't happened if they matching is correct.
  • AdagioMalique
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So now the division ranking is messed up or intented to by EA. The rewards don’t serve a purpose now.
  • RadioShaq
    19964 posts Moderator
    It goes by skill rating and location.
  • MDR123456
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »

WADR, that’s absolute nonsense. Either self-relegation is far worse than we think or every player near my level is gone, but I haven’t had more than 4-5 had fair matchups in last two weeks. I can absolutely tell you 90% of the time I’m playing no one close to my skill level. Regardless the in-game “skill level”.
  • MDR123456
    alvchong wrote: »
    yes, last night i testing Militao at division 7, i feel like i should not have done Militao, because player that i meet all won't let my defender touch the ball. Precision passing, short touches, and they have a lot of spaces, not to mentioned simply hammered by them with more than 5 goals. It shouldn't happened if they matching is correct.

Exactly
  • Mego
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    LOL so you guys changed it now and telling us now that it is by skill rating and location? :D if so what is the use of the division ?
  • MDR123456
    It’s like last year, on top of self-relegators, there’s not enough players in the top divisions for matchups without wait times... so, we become fodder.
  • Mego
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MDR123456 wrote: »
    It’s like last year, on top of self-relegators, there’s not enough players in the top divisions for matchups without wait times... so, we become fodder.

Make sense, played against 2 teams right now pim Guilt with PIM petit and laudrup Pim Maldini .
  • SEP1914
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Did you mind to check if he has the division 4 achievement? Maybe it’s only on Xbox, not sure
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain

So it goes by your highest skill rating, no matter the Division?
  • RadioShaq
    19964 posts Moderator
    It’s always gone by skill rating and location. You can read the pitch notes explaining it.
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    It’s always gone by skill rating and location. You can read the pitch notes explaining it.

Ok, but I’ve never been in division 4 or had that high a rating.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain

Why did it take me an age to find a game in Division 3? I had to drop down to Division 5, for quick matchmaking, but even then sometimes it's taking longer than it should to find games in Division 5. There is something messed up with the matchmaking.
  • Chavez76
    9854 posts League Winner
    Mego wrote: »
    LOL so you guys changed it now and telling us now that it is by skill rating and location? :D if so what is the use of the division ?

what do you think determines the division you play in ? Exactly.. skill rating ...
    So yeah, this is not new.
  • Pooter

Mate. This isn’t the first time it’s happened. I’ve spoken to people before who were playing in higher divisions. Not everyone is a liar, you know. Is it that hard to believe that EA’s matchmaking algorithm is faulty?!

Yeah right, all of a sudden from the last game its been happening, nice try, not convincing at all
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional

Yeah right, all of a sudden from the last game its been happening, nice try, not convincing at all

Not trying too convince anyone of anything. Just because I only just checked doesn’t mean it hasn’t been happening.
  • Pooter

Not trying too convince anyone of anything. Just because I only just checked doesn’t mean it hasn’t been happening.

Then why did you bother with this thread? Seems pointless then
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional

Then why did you bother with this thread? Seems pointless then

To let people know, not convince.
This discussion has been closed.