community managers

browney1888
716 posts Semi-Pro
what do these guys actually do? i dont see them interacting with the community or trying to fix any issues they have?

do they realise the absolute shiiittt storm of a game that fifa is right now?

servers? total basket case

gameplay? totally unresponsive

no loss disconnect glitch? in 2020 thats embarrassing

game getting gradually more unplayable with every patch and since the latest patch its game over

releasing kits as sbcs that glitch and result in kit clashes

in the next few weeks you guys are going to start your charm offensive for the release of fifa 21 and promise the world only to disappear once everyone has bought the game

with all the words above what im trying to say is u community managers do realise how bad this game has got right? you do realise it doesnt resemble even remotely the game u released last year?

Comments

• BuZuS
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    what do these guys actually do? i dont see them interacting with the community or trying to fix any issues they have?
    Weird, I see them posting quite a bit. Of course, it's not in whiney, unproductive threads like these.
    Do you think forum administrators, like those you're calling out here, are directly responsible for *any* of the stuff you mentioned? What exactly do you think their level of influence is on the FIFA 20 product and infrastructure?
  • Tuqijuno
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's good to remember, that speaking to us is not their only job. They can take our thoughts forward to those people who decide on things, but they don't necessarily tell us that. If they did, it would be a constant whining why it's taking time, when it's actually out of their hands. I wouldn't go bashing on them, since they are only doing their job like their employer tells them to.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    It's not the community managers jobs to fix the game. All they do is pass information onto the dev team.

Servers - Devs know how to fix the issue, but the higher ups have ruled against it because of the impact on profits. They cater to the lowest common denominator.

Gameplay - Agreed

No loss glitch - They can't fix without having some sort of network restrictions in competitive modes, but again the higher ups won't agree.

New Patchs - All done with the intention of decreasing the skill gap, keeping the casuals playing longer to increase microtransaction sales.

Kits - Just a bug, should be fixed, they know about the issue.

There will be no drastic changes as long as people keep buying microtransactions.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    I think the community managers walk a fine line between performing their role and letting the forum do it's thing. For the most part, they do a solid job (I see folk with genuine issues getting helped regularly) and having to sift through moany threads day after day is not a task I envy.
  • BuZuS
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Servers - Devs know how to fix the issue, but the higher ups have ruled against it because of the impact on profits. They cater to the lowest common denominator.

No loss glitch - They can't fix without having some sort of network restrictions in competitive modes, but again the higher ups won't agree.
    Wow, amazing. Could you reveal some of that inside information that you clearly must possess?
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro
    BuZuS wrote: »

Wow, amazing. Could you reveal some of that inside information that you clearly must possess?

u work for them dont u? :D
  • BuZuS
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    No, but I get payed for every very-smart-person I can 'trick' into thinking I do. Thanks, bra.
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro
    Weird, I see them posting quite a bit. Of course, it's not in whiney, unproductive threads like these.
    Do you think forum administrators, like those you're calling out here, are directly responsible for *any* of the stuff you mentioned? What exactly do you think their level of influence is on the FIFA 20 product and infrastructure?

i didnt say they where responsible for anything here i asked the question do they realise the state of the game right now?

it was a simple question with examples of how the game is broken but you have went your usual troll style post

its a fact every year around the capture event all these ea staff go on the charm offensive promising to be the best year yet then disapear

instead of you being a troll if u wish to discuss some of the points of the game being broken that i listed im up for it
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro

No, but I get payed for every very-smart-person I can 'trick' into thinking I do. Thanks, bra.

btw u said community managers post quite a bit?

@EA_Roger has posted 3 times this month

3 times :D with how bad that last patch made this game u would think more than 3 times?
  • BuZuS
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    it was a simple question with examples of how the game is broken but you have went your usual troll style post

instead of you being a troll if u wish to discuss some of the points of the game being broken that i listed im up for it
    Please look up the meaning of "troll". It doesn't mean what you think it means.

3 times :D with how bad that last patch made this game u would think more than 3 times?
    You realise he's not the only community manager, right? How often do you want them to post? And more importantly, what exactly do you want them to post? You literally made the 1000th thread basically saying "Everything is ❤️❤️❤️❤️, and it's worse than ever before and I hate it". What's your expectation level, honestly?
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro

Please look up the meaning of "troll". It doesn't mean what you think it means.

You realise he's not the only community manager, right? How often do you want them to post? And more importantly, what exactly do you want them to post? You literally made the 1000th thread basically saying "Everything is ❤️❤️❤️❤️, and it's worse than ever before and I hate it". What's your expectation level, honestly?

name the other community managers then? name the ones that post and help people?

please dont name moderators

im talking actual ea staff
  • Retro_G

Here you go, everything you need is in this thread, have a read!

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/550630/lag-compensation-part1/p2
  • essondabear89
    64 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Never do anything creative. I have been banned for 5 days because I asked a similar question and wanted answers on various gameplay issues and rather than communicate they just banned me and many others
  • VagisilFC
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    Their role is to monitor the forum and remove any posts/threads that discuss the corrupt manipulative nature of the gameplay and the gambling/micro-transaction business model.

They will say their role is to pass on feedback to make the game better....

In evidence against this, I give you the decline of the game over the last 9 years.
  • BuZuS
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    So someone called "ShameonuEA" posted it on the internet. Jeez, that's the most legit source ever.
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro
    So someone called "ShameonuEA" posted it on the internet. Jeez, that's the most legit source ever.

ill ask again

name the other community managers then? name the ones that post and help people?

• Retro_G

He backs up everything he says, his post is definitely legit. It's no coincidence that I get more consistent gameplay on a mobile hotspot, than optimal wired connection settings. I also know the exact tickrate the servers are using, an increased tickrate increases server costs.

I played Fifa when the patch dropped that completely fixed the game for people with optimal connections. It didn't last long though, there is no doubt in my mind that the devs know how to fix the issue, they're being restricted from the higher ups.

Everyone points the fingers at the devs, when it doesn't make sense for them to sabotage the game. Put yourself in there shoes, surely you'd strive for perfection. You would want what's best for the game, all the accolades that go along with that.

It's all about the now for CEO'S, how much profit they can turn over. All they care about is keeping their shareholders happy, without even thinking about future ramifications. They will rake in the profits for a set time period, but eventually it will come back to bite you in the arse. It was corporate greed, consumer neglect that brought about the 80's gaming industry crash, it's only matter of time before history repeats itself.
  • BuZuS
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero

Wait, why don't moderators count? You're getting awefully specific... almost as if you're wanting to be upset. Weird.
  • BuZuS
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    He backs up everything he says, his post is definitely legit.
    Where does he back up anything? I don't consider saying "someone at EA told me" to be "backing something up".
    Everyone points the fingers at the devs, when it doesn't make sense for them to sabotage the game.
    It doesn't make sense for anyone to "sabotage" their own product. You just replaced the "evil EA devs make bad patches to sabotage me"-conspiracy theory with the "evil EA higher ups keep devs from fixing the game because greed"-conspiracy theory. Neither makes any sense.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    BuZuS is trolling. Please ignore.
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro

Wait, why don't moderators count? You're getting awefully specific... almost as if you're wanting to be upset. Weird.

im not getting awefully specific

i have been specific since the first post on purpose because moderators are not paid ea staff

so can u name any of the community managers that u see post quite a bit?

its a simple question mate. either post the ones u see post quite a bit or be quiet and stop talking for the sake of it
  • Retro_G
    He backs up everything he says, his post is definitely legit.
    Where does he back up anything? I don't consider saying "someone at EA told me" to be "backing something up".
    Everyone points the fingers at the devs, when it doesn't make sense for them to sabotage the game.
    It doesn't make sense for anyone to "sabotage" their own product. You just replaced the "evil EA devs make bad patches to sabotage me"-conspiracy theory with the "evil EA higher ups keep devs from fixing the game because greed"-conspiracy theory. Neither makes any sense.

Go back over his thread, he backs up all his net-code points, anyone who is tech savvy will know he is telling the truth. I never said the EA devs were evil, don't get it twisted. I called Andrew Wilson lucifer. That man is the main reason why loot boxes, pay to win/gambling mechanics came into EA games. Chu Boi, an ex EA dev has YouTube videos up saying how it's the higher ups calling the shots, there is plenty of more EA devs saying the same thing.
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro

aaaah ok ill guess u cant name the managers who post often

cheers mate gg
  • Heshyooo
    561 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's a shame how much of a joke this game is
  • Ispeakthetruth
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Heshyooo wrote: »

It's a shame how much of a joke this forum is
  • gizzzzy
    712 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Is there actually another community manager? I really thought roger was the only one...
  • Heshyooo
    561 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Heshyooo wrote: »

It's a shame how much of a joke this forum is

I agree. The only truthful discussions about fifa seem to be on reddit or FB groups these days
  • browney1888
    716 posts Semi-Pro
    gizzzzy wrote: »
    Is there actually another community manager? I really thought roger was the only one...

zaro is here also. altho he hasnt been on for 3 weeks

• EA_Roger
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2020

do they realise the absolute shiiittt storm of a game that fifa is right now?

servers? total basket case

gameplay? totally unresponsive

no loss disconnect glitch? in 2020 thats embarrassing

game getting gradually more unplayable with every patch and since the latest patch its game over

releasing kits as sbcs that glitch and result in kit clashes

in the next few weeks you guys are going to start your charm offensive for the release of fifa 21 and promise the world only to disappear once everyone has bought the game

with all the words above what im trying to say is u community managers do realise how bad this game has got right? you do realise it doesnt resemble even remotely the game u released last year?
    • servers? total basket case

For the any server issues when it is a global issue we acknowledge this on the FIFA Direct twitter, we normally take these on a case to case basis.

• gameplay? totally unresponsive

For anything relating to this we communicate via the Pitch notes we recently put out one on Game Centers.
    • no loss disconnect glitch? in 2020 thats embarrassing

We've seen an uptake on these recently, we flag them and test them as soon as we see them. I do think there are some players confusing a regular DC from a DC glitch however that is just my own perception. If you do have information on this please DM me the details, do not post it on the forum.

• game getting gradually more unplayable with every patch and since the latest patch its game over

Any title update information is in the announcement section, we don't make secret game play changes without letting you know.

• releasing kits as sbcs that glitch and result in kit clashes

Our Volunteer moderator @Littleland95 flagged this over the weekend, thanks to reproduction steps he provided we were able to log this & are working on a fix.

• in the next few weeks you guys are going to start your charm offensive for the release of fifa 21 and promise the world only to disappear once everyone has bought the game

Marketing isn't a part of my role really, it's more a support & communication based.