Tips to get to gold1?

Hrh1995
1483 posts Play-Off Hero
Hit gold 2 and the last two weeks, what are people’s tips/tactics for getting to the next level ?

Comments

• AznSW
    1792 posts Fans' Favourite
    Be patient and keep calm. Don’t sprint so much.
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Step 1: do whatever you usually do.
    Step 2: hope and pray.

That’s it...

Unless you learn and are willing to play like a total bellend, that’s all you can do.

Even upgrading the team doesn’t work.
  • Davola77
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Are you using enough dragbacks?
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    Davola77 wrote: »

Fake shot, drag back, ball roll,
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    jonkero wrote: »
    Davola77 wrote: »

Fake shot, drag back, ball roll,

That’s it. That’s the playing like a bellend I was talking about.

Don’t forget 1 depth and drop back.

There, you are now a pro
  • Bamboozle
    391 posts Sunday League Hero
    My tip is stop at gold 2 and enjoy the rest of your day. 2 jumbo player packs ain’t worth the hassle
  • Maaax354
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ben Yedder (86 Version and above)
    SS Atal
    Prime Butrageno

I despise these three strikers (far more than Neymar and Mbappe). They don't seem to be bound to the laws of physics or anything else. Scoring from every freacking angle against me regardless which foot or how closely i'm marking them. I see one of them in my opponents team, I know I'll most likely loose the game.

But who likes to play with mainstream meta players... ;)
  • Jordi93
    558 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bamboozle wrote: »
    My tip is stop at gold 2 and enjoy the rest of your day. 2 jumbo player packs ain’t worth the hassle

Can vouch for this. The difference between the 2 at this stage of the game is so minor it’s not worth the stress. Packs are no better and full of 82 or lower that are discard.

If you really want to get to G1 be more patient in build up and wait for gaps to appear.
  • Hrh1995
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jordi93 wrote: »

Can vouch for this. The difference between the 2 at this stage of the game is so minor it’s not worth the stress. Packs are no better and full of 82 or lower that are discard.

If you really want to get to G1 be more patient in build up and wait for gaps to appear.

Agree but weeekend league is the only mode I play as I don’t like rivals
  • Hammer316
    3976 posts National Call-Up

This is true if you are having to sweat to gold 1. However, if you're at 17 wins with say 10 or more games left then it's clearly worth pushing for elite and if you end gold 1 it's all good.