Fifa 20 gameplay is catastrophic

Comments

  • SBaggio59
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Reading through this thread just makes me feel even happier that I stopped playing this scandalous game months ago. I don’t know why you guys put yourself through this. Yeah yeah, you love football and all that....then go play it outside in the garden or parking lot if you do. At least you have 100% control of what happens, the ball won’t go through your limbs, there’s no scripting....and most importantly it’s just fun.

    The parking lot or the garden is not great. I recommend a grass football field, it's better.
  • Ballsantini
    161 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its boring and bad, double whammy.
  • Dunkirk
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Reading through this thread just makes me feel even happier that I stopped playing this scandalous game months ago. I don’t know why you guys put yourself through this. Yeah yeah, you love football and all that....then go play it outside in the garden or parking lot if you do. At least you have 100% control of what happens, the ball won’t go through your limbs, there’s no scripting....and most importantly it’s just fun.

    The parking lot or the garden is not great. I recommend a grass football field, it's better.

    Well if the football fields are closed due to Covid-19, you don’t have much choice.
  • SBaggio59
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 10
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Reading through this thread just makes me feel even happier that I stopped playing this scandalous game months ago. I don’t know why you guys put yourself through this. Yeah yeah, you love football and all that....then go play it outside in the garden or parking lot if you do. At least you have 100% control of what happens, the ball won’t go through your limbs, there’s no scripting....and most importantly it’s just fun.

    The parking lot or the garden is not great. I recommend a grass football field, it's better.

    Well if the football fields are closed due to Covid-19, you don’t have much choice.

    Do you play in a football club?
  • RyanR91
    17 posts Ball Boy
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    The gameplay of Fifa 20 is catastrophic, I do not understand this evolution. Defense is very strange. Shots or passes are not always activated. The game is slow, the responsiveness of the game is abominable.

    The player animations are strange, the game scenarios are strange, it's really surprising.

    For me, it's one of the worst, if not the worst, Fifa. The updates have brought some improvements, but overall, I don't subscribe to this development choice at all.

    I don't expect anything from Fifa 20 anymore, it's a failure. This game is too complicated and too bizarre, it goes in all directions. Collisions between players or with the ball are more than unbearable.

    I'm for a simple arcade game, at least, I could have fun playing a football game and without counting the number of mind-boggling anomalies in this unbearable game, EA does not master the development of the simulation game well .

    If they want to continue in this voice, fine, but leave at least one second arcade option in the same game. At least when there are bugs in simulation mode, there will be this second alternative.

    I bought Anthem last year, it's the same thing, the game is full of bugs.

  • RyanR91
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Downloaded pes and tried its master league
    Very fun and gameplay feels like anything can happen. Much more fun. The cpu actually fouls you as well... shame about its graphics , choice of replays and lack of licensing
    Has potential to overtake
    Ea doesn’t care because everyone pumps money into its ultimate team
  • FULL MANUAL CONTROLS AND SLIDERS
  • Reezy1807
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Dunkirk True bro, this was my last FIFA tbh.. the final stomp on the nail.
  • Dunkirk
    443 posts Sunday League Hero
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    Dunkirk wrote: »
    Reading through this thread just makes me feel even happier that I stopped playing this scandalous game months ago. I don’t know why you guys put yourself through this. Yeah yeah, you love football and all that....then go play it outside in the garden or parking lot if you do. At least you have 100% control of what happens, the ball won’t go through your limbs, there’s no scripting....and most importantly it’s just fun.

    The parking lot or the garden is not great. I recommend a grass football field, it's better.

    Well if the football fields are closed due to Covid-19, you don’t have much choice.

    Do you play in a football club?

    Yeah a local travel club. Obviously can’t do any traveling now though. 😂
  • SBaggio59
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 20
    I play in clash mode FUT, the players runs against the current, the viewfinder to take the free kick starts to flash, sometimes the strategies on corner are indicated by numbers ?!

    If EA says there are no anomalies in its gameplay, what is it? Especially since it happened several times, during the days ... It's Sony, Microsoft?...

    What is this scam. I have never seen that.

    We must stop making fun of the world and say that everything is fine. It is disrespectful, I can understand that there can sometimes be updates and that corrections must be made, but there, it is frankly unacceptable, incredible.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    The FUT mode is worse than last year, everything is done to make the player even more sick and encourage him to buy packs.
    The gameplay of this mode is more than strange and questioning, there are animations or game facts that are more than illogical.

    I have a message for EA, I will not buy EA packs even if I lose all of my matches. It doesn't work with me.
    Even if I will be in division 10 and in the last place, nothing, not a penny.

    This FUT mode is a dismaying statement. It's anti football but in a very deep way.

    This FUT mode is the devil. It's not soccer.

    Instead of looking in this appalling game mode, EA should better manage the essentials, that is to say the gameplay. Selling packs for such poorly designed and poorly developed gameplay is not serious.

    It's money thrown out the window.


    Serious question, why do you play FUT. I agree it is the devil.

    Why dont you try seasons mode? It gets trashed by people who play FUT but it's the fairest mode out there and your sucess based on your skill of the game, not how much money you give EA. Fact.

    If any FUT players constantly win Division 1 in Seasons you have earned the right to say it is not competitive enough for you.

    And yes, the best players are in FUT, I agree of course.

    Part of me thinks that FUT players can explain their losses by saying there opponent bought better players.

    In seasons there is no such excuse. Maybe that is WHY fut players stay away :)
  • SBaggio59
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 21
    @Bonusb3rtie

    The real online mode of FIFA has always been the online season mode, it has always been my favorite mode. The best players are not only in FUT mode, there are in the other modes, what you say is not necessarily fair, it is simply that some do not like FUT mode, and I understand it perfectly . I know all the modes, and the worst is the FUT mode, it is the scam mode, without counting the inconsistencies of the gameplay in general. Yes, I played a game in FUT mode, and in a single match that I won 3-0, I could once again see all the strangeness, nothing to change, it's catastrophic. For information, I do not give money to buy points, I find it uninteresting. What I find frustrating is that EA forces players to play in FUT mode to perhaps use iconic players. Yes, I confirm it again, this mode is the devil's mode. I know Fifa very well, and I know the online season mode very well, there are very good players in this mode. Career mode is a good mode, just like club mode, but they are overlooked for FUT mode.

    I like football and video games, but I don't like a company using a mode to try to force some people to break the piggy bank, especially when it is abused. Again, the gameplay in FUT mode is more than questionable. There is no question of winning or losing, each at their own level.

    FUT mode kills the game and the football. I am in favor of an alternative allowing the use of player icons with logical gameplay. EA understands what players blame, they are very smart people.

    PS / EA don't forget to make the discussions heard when proposing a contract in career mode! We can't hear you.

    Post edited by SBaggio59 on
  • Bonusb3rtie
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    @Bonusb3rtie

    The real online mode of FIFA has always been the online season mode, it has always been my favorite mode. The best players are not only in FUT mode, there are in the other modes, what you say is not necessarily fair, it is simply that some do not like FUT mode, and I understand it perfectly . I know all the modes, and the worst is the FUT mode, it is the scam mode, without counting the inconsistencies of the gameplay in general. Yes, I played a game in FUT mode, and in a single match that I won 3-0, I could once again see all the strangeness, nothing to change, it's catastrophic. For information, I do not give money to buy points, I find it uninteresting. What I find frustrating is that EA forces players to play in FUT mode to perhaps use iconic players. Yes, I confirm it again, this mode is the devil's mode. I know Fifa very well, and I know the online season mode very well, there are very good players in this mode. Career mode is a good mode, just like club mode, but they are overlooked for FUT mode.

    I like football and video games, but I don't like a company using a mode to try to force some people to break the piggy bank, especially when it is abused. Again, the gameplay in FUT mode is more than questionable. There is no question of winning or losing, each at their own level.

    FUT mode kills the game and the football. I am in favor of an alternative allowing the use of player icons with logical gameplay. EA understands what players blame, they are very smart people.

    PS / EA don't forget to make the discussions heard when proposing a contract in career mode! We can't hear you.

    I cannot disagree with much of that.

    But it wont change. Not one bit. Unless the law forces them.

    So I only play Seasons. I genuinely have no idea why people dance happily to EAs FUT tune. It is 100% clear, like gambling, that they are targeted towards the weak and vulnerable in our society.

    EA are like the drug overlord, and the Fifa youtubers are like drug dealers, getting kids addicted to buying packs. Truly abhorrent behaviour.

    So I play only Seasons. EA get their £55 off me when I buy the game and not one penny more.

    I guess I should be thankful seasons exists for us players who dont buy into the addiction. If lots of people quit FUT, EA would just kill off seasons mode to force people to FUT.

    How people cannot see that FUT is a disease is beyond me.

  • Disciple_2018
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited May 22
    .
  • SBaggio59 wrote: »
    The FUT mode is worse than last year, everything is done to make the player even more sick and encourage him to buy packs.
    The gameplay of this mode is more than strange and questioning, there are animations or game facts that are more than illogical.

    I have a message for EA, I will not buy EA packs even if I lose all of my matches. It doesn't work with me.
    Even if I will be in division 10 and in the last place, nothing, not a penny.

    This FUT mode is a dismaying statement. It's anti football but in a very deep way.

    This FUT mode is the devil. It's not soccer.

    Instead of looking in this appalling game mode, EA should better manage the essentials, that is to say the gameplay. Selling packs for such poorly designed and poorly developed gameplay is not serious.

    It's money thrown out the window.


    i play Online Seasons and its terrible too.
  • Guys play manual controls, maybe only manual shooting and that's all u need to change game dramatically.
  • GoonerSoldier
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    There are two MAJOR sliders that fix the Gameplay in Fifa 20.

    1) Fullback Position - This slider must be lowered to 5 or 10. It is absolutely ridiculous how EA has the default so high that Fullbacks are non existent in this game.

    2) Positioning Run Frequency. Must be lowered to 5 or 10. THIS slider fixes CROSSING. Ever wonder why your strikers and midfielders over run all crosses into the box? This fixes your idiotic AI teammates.

    3) Marking should be 70+ to combat the ridiculous force field and the overpowered Drag back skill move.

    Amazing how adjusting sliders improves the Gameplay. Do EA developers watch real life Football???
  • There are two MAJOR sliders that fix the Gameplay in Fifa 20.

    1) Fullback Position - This slider must be lowered to 5 or 10. It is absolutely ridiculous how EA has the default so high that Fullbacks are non existent in this game.

    2) Positioning Run Frequency. Must be lowered to 5 or 10. THIS slider fixes CROSSING. Ever wonder why your strikers and midfielders over run all crosses into the box? This fixes your idiotic AI teammates.

    3) Marking should be 70+ to combat the ridiculous force field and the overpowered Drag back skill move.

    Amazing how adjusting sliders improves the Gameplay. Do EA developers watch real life Football???

    We do man and we fix their stupid game with sliders 😁
  • Guys play manual controls, maybe only manual shooting and that's all u need to change game dramatically.

    ive never been a manual player but being i despise the game so much now i have nothing to lose, ill try it.
  • Guys play manual controls, maybe only manual shooting and that's all u need to change game dramatically.

    ive never been a manual player but being i despise the game so much now i have nothing to lose, ill try it.

    Pls share ur experience here! If u need sliders or tips pls ask.
  • Guys play manual controls, maybe only manual shooting and that's all u need to change game dramatically.

    ive never been a manual player but being i despise the game so much now i have nothing to lose, ill try it.

    Pls share ur experience here! If u need sliders or tips pls ask.

    will do
  • There are two MAJOR sliders that fix the Gameplay in Fifa 20.

    1) Fullback Position - This slider must be lowered to 5 or 10. It is absolutely ridiculous how EA has the default so high that Fullbacks are non existent in this game.

    2) Positioning Run Frequency. Must be lowered to 5 or 10. THIS slider fixes CROSSING. Ever wonder why your strikers and midfielders over run all crosses into the box? This fixes your idiotic AI teammates.

    3) Marking should be 70+ to combat the ridiculous force field and the overpowered Drag back skill move.

    Amazing how adjusting sliders improves the Gameplay. Do EA developers watch real life Football???

    i just made these adjustments. this is a dumb question but being ive never really adjusted sliders, do these sliders affect online gameplay because i only play online?
  • WonderingHydra6
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 23
    There are two MAJOR sliders that fix the Gameplay in Fifa 20.

    1) Fullback Position - This slider must be lowered to 5 or 10. It is absolutely ridiculous how EA has the default so high that Fullbacks are non existent in this game.

    2) Positioning Run Frequency. Must be lowered to 5 or 10. THIS slider fixes CROSSING. Ever wonder why your strikers and midfielders over run all crosses into the box? This fixes your idiotic AI teammates.

    3) Marking should be 70+ to combat the ridiculous force field and the overpowered Drag back skill move.

    Amazing how adjusting sliders improves the Gameplay. Do EA developers watch real life Football???

    i just made these adjustments. this is a dumb question but being ive never really adjusted sliders, do these sliders affect online gameplay because i only play online?

    Ye it's offline only, i personally prefer offline like career mode cause every game is like a game of chess, u HAVE TO use tactics and think about every decision u make which makes it x1000 rewarding. I don't like online modes except pro clubs, was playing for 2 years in a club with like 2000+ matches played and even there i was using manual passing as CDM and everyone was like wow what this guy is about lol. Point is in online competitive modes you play against other players and you both play NOT FOOTBALL and it's not rewarding at all, idk how to describe what it is, game decides who will win, scripting, game meeses up ur assisted pass or shot when it wants etc. But it's okay! Casual players enjoy it and that's that, it's just sad that they close their eyes on this BS and sometimes even think it's not true.
  • Reezy1807
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 5
    @Bonusb3rtie Same man. Played seasons months ago and when i reached division 1 i was so relieved but after playing 1 more season and remaining on top I just found it boring afterwards. After achieving the ultimate goal, I felt "well that's the end of FIFA20 for me" :D haven't touched it since then.

    P.S: I'm a little bit scared I might lose that many games, get relegated and would have to start all over :D:D
    Post edited by Reezy1807 on
  • Reezy1807
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @SBaggio59 Big facts bro.
  • SBaggio59
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    Always so few reactions in this rotten game, despite all these countless updates, it's a pig job, it's disgusting.

    Where's EA? Do something, react ... it is the result and the gameplay that are necessary, not beautiful speeches to say that all is well and that you have everything arranged.

    Anyway, we feel in the game that it's screwed up.
  • CraigSAFC
    16 posts Ball Boy
    BUMP
  • SBaggio59
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 8
    Even the servers are rotten, nothing works properly at EA. But it's slow, the players are slow. Fairness is not good at EA, it's annoying that EA has almost the monopoly of licenses with such slow and rotten gameplay.
    If EA can't handle this, EA leaves the licenses to a more knowledgeable publisher, your game still doesn't work.
    Frankly EA, I tell you, you don't know how to develop a game properly. It is pathetic. Even some players are poorly represented in their characteristics, respect for them all the same ?! For example, some run as fast as a turtle ... or get jostled like puppets by very small players.

    Enough of your FUT mode, where is the online career mode? Where is the improvement of this mode, with these negotiations with deaf dialogues? Even in online season mode, the servers did not work well.

    EA you do not take the head, it's too easy.

    World champion of artistic and attractive advertising, but nil for the most part, the good development of the gameplay. Find the error.

    EA should have turned to the arts ... painting, drawing or something else ...
    Post edited by SBaggio59 on
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    SBaggio59 wrote: »
    When you go to this forum, there are rules to follow, otherwise you will be penalized. It is a matter of respect, but it is always contradictory to think that and, at the same time, to launch games with so many anomalies. Where's the respect? Where is the consistency? These EA game bug issues are nothing new.

    The rules must be on both sides, the players towards EA but also, EA towards the customers that we are.

    I can understand that it is not easy to create a game, but afterwards, they are game creators or not. If so, the job has to be perfect when selling the game.

    How is it that such a powerful company can deliver such a result?

    They have the monopoly and they believe that they can get away with anything and everything...

    I believe a hard reality check is soon coming their way
  • CraigSAFC
    16 posts Ball Boy
    BUMP
Sign In or Register to comment.