Is it true that "Seasons" players are "garbage"?

fox3050
4 posts Ball Boy
So, I went on a forum filled with Ultimate Team players asking what the level was for each division in "Seasons mode". I was surprised to see that nearly every reply went on a rant on how much of a joke "Seasons" is and that any Division 1-2 player would get destroyed by 10 goals vs. an average Ultimate Team player.

Is this accurate? I always had the impression that Ultimate Team players were (at first glance) impressive, but it's only because they stack their teams with ridiculously overpowered players.

What do you think? Are Ultimate Team players that far ahead from the top Seasons Div 1-2 players?

Comments

• Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    I think the people that very competitive/skilled in this game are playing FUT not seasons.
  • I think it really depends as I have crushed some top ranked FUT players and only play seasons but probably as a whole, FUT have better average players. As it seems you both play seasons, I have been trying to find an answer to how to obtain the platinum double trophy? If you compare on leaderboards, it is there but I can’t figure out how to get it.
  • Ronaldinho999
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If you think better you would know FUT has millions of ppl playing while seasons has max 500k, that means you will find more skilled players in FUT.... but, as whole FIFA itself has no skill-gap so that makes basically everything pointless
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    FUT players can't play for ❤️❤️❤️❤️ without all of the extra boosts, it's complete nonsense
  • blue166
    1453 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2020
    Seasons players are definitely not garbage.

The gameplay is different and cannot be exactly compared. Its virtually 2 different games within the one.

I have played some good FUT players and beaten them. FUT is mostly "arcade". Boosts to pace and other stats right left and centre. The only change in seasons is players form. Which right now isnt changing anyway.

Having played FUT and totally disliking its playability I can't see all the fuss. If your used to it your used to it i suppose.

Would you say everyone who plays FUT actually plays a football style? I wouldn't. Most on seasons attempt to play football of some sorts and appear more tactical imo. UT is all about pace. Defender who can tackle? No it's all about speed.

Yeah sure speed helps in seasons and gives you an advantage in certain circumstances but no where near as much as FUT. Years ago when I heard John Terry had a pace boost I laughed and never looked back at that mode. I seen and heard enough.

I cant deny its popularity. But its Arcade football. Seasons is supposed to be more of a simulation. I wont get to much into that argument. But if you try and play the FUT way on seasons you will probably be out witted tactically by the better stronger players.

So imo FUT doesn't make anyone better then anyone else. It's all about abusing attributes. And a lot of headless chicken football.

At the end of the day I prefer stock teams and not building a team. If I want to build a team I play Football Manager. But hey different mindsets and all that.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    590 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Definitely the higher skilled players are in FUT. It just stands to reason because there are much more of them and it is the premier mode.

However, I can't stand it personally. After a hard days work I just want to pick up and play vs someone with a similarly rated team and have the outcome based on skill rather than the fact my opponent paid for better players.
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    I play both modes but if I want to just play then Seasons is a better experience. You can normally tell when you come up against a FUT player by the style of play and the over reliance on pace and high pressure tactics which are no where near as effective in seasons as in FUT
  • Truxon
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Fut is for kids, season is for people who knows what football is.
  • NucksNation
    4444 posts National Call-Up
    I took a 2 years break from FUT 15-17 and played seasons, it was definitely easier but also people tend to pick the same 5 teams and it gets so boring facing the same teams again and again.. one thing I do like about it tho is the level playing field, I could choose to pick a weaker team and face a giant team otherwise it’s mostly giants vs giants..
    custom formation on it is fantastic but I hope it doesn’t come to FUT
  • El_Nino
    9374 posts League Winner
    I’m division 1 in seasons with ease vs division 3 on fut with a stacked team.

Fut is wayyyyyy more competitive and therefore naturally better by average.

That’s not to say your trash because you play seasons, you could be an elite level fut player who just prefers seasons, but yeah on average the level of fut players is way higher in my experience
  • Bonusb3rtie
    edited May 2020
    I took a 2 years break from FUT 15-17 and played seasons, it was definitely easier but also people tend to pick the same 5 teams and it gets so boring facing the same teams again and again.. one thing I do like about it tho is the level playing field, I could choose to pick a weaker team and face a giant team otherwise it’s mostly giants vs giants..

If you choose a weaker team, you will face a weaker team, therefore retaining a level playing field.
  • I took a 2 years break from FUT 15-17 and played seasons, it was definitely easier but also people tend to pick the same 5 teams and it gets so boring facing the same teams again and again.. one thing I do like about it tho is the level playing field, I could choose to pick a weaker team and face a giant team otherwise it’s mostly giants vs giants..

If you choose a weaker team, you will face a weaker team, therefore retaining a level playing field.

not always.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    Well put it this way, if you draw a stronger team you can just quit and redraw untill you get a fairer one to your mind. So, honestly, you can.
  • jvsptvch
    15 posts Ball Boy

not always.

at most, from my experience, you will face an opponent whose team is half-star higher or lower than your team.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    edited May 2020
    jvsptvch wrote: »

not always.

at most, from my experience, you will face an opponent whose team is half-star higher or lower than your team.

Correct :)

Though sometimes you get a difference of one whole star.
    Post edited by Bonusb3rtie on
  • tarheels_forever
    861 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2020
    jvsptvch wrote: »

not always.

thats true but when your opponent is Barca or Liverpool that half a star makes a world of difference.