Any casuals still playing DR?

Pooter
4802 posts Big Money Move
As title says

Comments

• Pooter
    Well done EA, you have destroyed this game single handed by putting too many objectives for DR, I hope you lot feel happy
  • Satch85
    1286 posts Professional
    Yeah, its ❤️❤️❤️❤️ horrible, feels like WL, drag backs and variations of ben flippin yedder wherever ya look
  • garmak
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play, but usually have zero expectations. Some games just punishing with the Yedders, some punishing with the horrific bounces, and yes, some are still good games with even competition. I'm very mediocre, but getting killed in div 10 is lame. I keep plugging just for the objectives.
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    Rivals has been horrible for months, I myself havent played rivals for around a month and a half now, got better things to do than watch someone do a thousand drag backs and ball rolls in his own half whilst passing around the back in his stupid 1 depth, drop back tactic and formation, get enough of that during WL, dont need it during the week too.
  • Thejuves
    1138 posts Professional
    I just play for icon swap cuz
  • Pooter
    selb wrote: »
    Rivals has been horrible for months, I myself havent played rivals for around a month and a half now, got better things to do than watch someone do a thousand drag backs and ball rolls in his own half whilst passing around the back in his stupid 1 depth, drop back tactic and formation, get enough of that during WL, dont need it during the week too.

We don’t need people who self relegate, but I assume they are going to stay there to avoid any possible ban. The best thing is for EA to avoid putting Rivals objectives, but they don’t listen. I guess they want to lose customers or their fifa licence
  • Zeke1216
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    I play either to try out players for wl or to try out tactics. If I wana play online I do drafts mostly unless there are good objectives
  • Mercenary
    635 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes but I relegated myself to have easier games for objectives lol. Come at me
  • Gnomenclature
    8218 posts League Winner
    just crawled my way back to division 6... complete and utter sweat fest.

Id like to put out a special thanks to my Season Belotti for literally carrying me through rivals. Never have I had a striker with a positive goal to games ratio.

217g in 180 games with 89 assists. ALL division rivals. And that was with POTM Ben Yedder as a strike partner lol.
  • Nickthegreek20
    2701 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rivals is a joke today. Literally nothing but self relegators. Gone from Div 3 to Div 5 in an afternoon.
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m pretty much maintaining being in D2 for the first time but can’t say it’s fun. People wanna complain about WL but rivals is so much more toxic.
  • Riggs006
    1060 posts Professional
    I’m pretty much maintaining being in D2 for the first time but can’t say it’s fun. People wanna complain about WL but rivals is so much more toxic.

Agree with this, people say WL is bad (which of course it can be) but I find Rivals a lot worse, literally only ever play Rivals to complete icon swaps, which is frustrating in itself as I'll end up drawing a lot of games which is meaningless towards the objectives.
  • GeorgeGervin
    3273 posts National Call-Up
    5/6 here usually. Holding 6 right now doing the swaps, a lot of sweat down here. I think I dropped to 8 last time just getting crushed with terrible first owner teams. My objective teams are a little better this time around which has helped.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Not sure if I'm a casual, but im in D5 and don't play for objectives. None of the objective cards really interest me and I'm not after any icon swaps
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    I still play DR ,however I never cared about objectives or icon swaps . I Just play with “ cards “ I like
  • spy
    2760 posts Fans' Favourite
    Worst period of rivals I have ever played. Only ever play rivals for objectives and normally yo-yo between divisions 6 and 7 sometimes pushing for 5 but after the slog of the two crossing objectives last week followed by this weeks I have dropped to division 9 for the first time ever. I swear division 9 is even worse to play in than 6 and 7 - every team is stacked and even played one team with two 99 rated players! How on Earth are they in division 9 with a team like that!
  • mway
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    A friend made Elite 3 yesterday and now he went down from DIV 2 to DIV 4 and close to 5. Amazing game.
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2020
    I don't know what is the definition for a fifa casual. But I didn't touch rivals since mid March. I didn't do any objective player beside Politano when I started playing FUT. Didn't do any icon swaps. Can't put myself through the pain tbh.
    I got to Division 2 and all faced was dragbacks, ball rolls and fake shot stop followed by a cut back. Nothing compared to real football.

Dropped to div 3 after few losses and now I'm not touching rivals anymore. Stopping at S1 or G3 usually in WL.
  • PaulDr
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    spy wrote: »
    Worst period of rivals I have ever played. Only ever play rivals for objectives and normally yo-yo between divisions 6 and 7 sometimes pushing for 5 but after the slog of the two crossing objectives last week followed by this weeks I have dropped to division 9 for the first time ever. I swear division 9 is even worse to play in than 6 and 7 - every team is stacked and even played one team with two 99 rated players! How on Earth are they in division 9 with a team like that!

Yes same experience here. Bloody ridiculous
  • McSwigan
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    I don't know what is the definition for a fifa casual. But I didn't touch rivals since mid March...Nothing compared to real football.

👆This. Although for me it was dropping from 5 to 8 in just a few days. Pandering to the “I’m a skiller” crowd is why I won’t buy 21. After years of disappointment I’m only playing games that I enjoy. Now excuse me while I go give EA 11 PL gold rares in exchange for 4 unreadable PL gold rares. Unfuckingreal!
  • Beans9396
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm a casual and its horrible playing DRs to many people from higher div, ruins the game for me, getting smashed by gods teams or people doing objects that have better teams than my main team and just skill all the time.
    They really need to change it next year but that's just wishful thinking.
  • Pooter
    Beans9396 wrote: »
    I'm a casual and its horrible playing DRs to many people from higher div, ruins the game for me, getting smashed by gods teams or people doing objects that have better teams than my main team and just skill all the time.
    They really need to change it next year but that's just wishful thinking.

In order to convince me to stay they need to change it now
  • CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Haven’t played in a while but came back at TOTSSF to have a crack at some of the objectives.

All I can say is, no one is in their respective divisions anymore and every game was life or death. I dropped from 900 to about 450 skill rating. No one else seemed to be doing objectives? Every other squad I faced seemed godly. And everyone seemed to be playing a life or death game. Utterly miserable experience and when I finally got my fourth win for the Icon Swap token I switched off. Maybe it was in my head, but the games in 7-8 were harder than those in 5. In 5 people were good but beatable, played good football wanted to attack down different routes and seemed to want to play their own style. But in 7-8 people didn’t seem as good, charging all over the place drop back etc, but I couldn’t get close. Like they all played the exact same way but sweaty as hell and probably harder to beat than someone who wanted a good game. Games busted.
  • Brustring1893
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    Haven’t played in a while but came back at TOTSSF to have a crack at some of the objectives.

All I can say is, no one is in their respective divisions anymore and every game was life or death. I dropped from 900 to about 450 skill rating. No one else seemed to be doing objectives? Every other squad I faced seemed godly. And everyone seemed to be playing a life or death game. Utterly miserable experience and when I finally got my fourth win for the Icon Swap token I switched off. Maybe it was in my head, but the games in 7-8 were harder than those in 5. In 5 people were good but beatable, played good football wanted to attack down different routes and seemed to want to play their own style. But in 7-8 people didn’t seem as good, charging all over the place drop back etc, but I couldn’t get close. Like they all played the exact same way but sweaty as hell and probably harder to beat than someone who wanted a good game. Games busted.

Right after rewards and before the new season started, most people dropped divisions in order to complete icon swaps as fast as possible. That being sad, most of them actually have achieved their goal now, so you won’t be facing a lot of objective teams nowadays. I still have to play my DR icon swaps for Maldini, but I currently do not have the motivation to play DR at all as the game mode itself has been getting worse and worse. I rather sit there all day opening bronze packs than going through this horrible sweat fest.
  • Pooter

Right after rewards and before the new season started, most people dropped divisions in order to complete icon swaps as fast as possible. That being sad, most of them actually have achieved their goal now, so you won’t be facing a lot of objective teams nowadays. I still have to play my DR icon swaps for Maldini, but I currently do not have the motivation to play DR at all as the game mode itself has been getting worse and worse. I rather sit there all day opening bronze packs than going through this horrible sweat fest.

I’m still facing teams like that, either they’re doing it to stop others getting swaps or they’re doing it to keep in division
  • passpassshootpost
    1461 posts Play-Off Hero
    Unfortunately WL is more casual then rivals it’s crazy.
  • Triplee123
    628 posts Semi-Pro
    I think ea should come up with a system where they figure out who’s self relegating. For instance , if I’m division 1 . But decide to self relegate to division 7 it should let me unless I legitimately lose the games. Surely if I just pause and quit 15 games in a row the game can figure out what I’m doing. Self relagation is stupid. Telling people to use 9 first owned la liga players etc is stupid , cause that gives them two players to use from their main team , most probably a toty vvd and toty Alison. Then they cAn bring on their eusabios and mbappea and Ben yedders. So really they are only using 6 first owned players from the specific league
  • Ispeakthetruth
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rivals is a bag of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ thanks to the self relegating idiots who then justify it by blaming EA. Grow a pair. Prefer WL all day long.
  • Zambo9
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    Satch85 wrote: »
    Yeah, its ❤️❤️❤️❤️ horrible, feels like WL, drag backs and variations of ben flippin yedder wherever ya look
    Played WL since October the past weekend. I can clearly say WL is easier than DR atm
  • ErikTheBlue
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rivals is a complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️ show. All I want to do is get to Div 4, get the trophy then never touch this abomination ever again, much like 19 but least I was done with that by February. Currently in Div 8 having yesterday been 1 win away from 6. Now can't even buy a win (and won't be buying FP) and every team I play against is a clear relegater. I mean really, just how small are your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that you get joy in smashing the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out of lesser teams just cause you can? And a lot I suspect are using UDP Unicorn cause I went 3-0 up on 1 then the connection went to ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Rivals needs a reset. Start everyone off again from the placement games, no objectives and decent enough rewards for 1-4 so they don't feel compelled to act like complete c**ts. And I know people will say 'why bother when we're 4 months away from FIFA 21', well we're not are we?! And if they attempt to release 21 on shedule in September then it's nothing more than a naked cash grab cause the 19/20 season wont be finished anywhere, no transfers will have taken place, no shiny new kits, what will they be left with other FIFA 20 End Of Season Update (which Championship Manager used to get away with back in the day)