Does anyone actually "enjoy" Weekend League?

Comments

• abhreebhu_45
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    I enjoy it tbh,, tests my patience n composure,,, but 30 games in 3 days is too much
  • Jordi93
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It used to be fun. Last 3 or 4 weeks no fun at all. Either constant pressure or everyone standing on the 6 yard box. And then there are those players that have about 70% possession and never attack. Think EA should have left it as it was on release I’m sure it was better then.
  • abhreebhu_45
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jordi93 wrote: »
    It used to be fun. Last 3 or 4 weeks no fun at all. Either constant pressure or everyone standing on the 6 yard box. And then there are those players that have about 70% possession and never attack. Think EA should have left it as it was on release I’m sure it was better then.

It's been happening for months
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    It's just annoying. Make it last all week, hate having to work it round the weekend.
  • mjcassity
    448 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s the only thing i look forward to and actually play in the game now. Usually g3-g1 player. Love the competition aspect
  • Tootrill22
    1960 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played someone who went to the corner flag at 70 mins yesterday. Just have to laugh and not let it frustrate you... imagine going to the corner flag at all in a video game.
  • Tootrill22
    1960 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's just annoying. Make it last all week, hate having to work it round the weekend.

I can never get even half the games in
  • GLAN12
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If we weren’t in the middle of a global pandemic where we couldn’t go outside , I wouldn’t be playing . It’s passing time on the weekends at the moment . Only played two all year before we went into lockdown . It’s far too time consuming
  • Boysie91
    11409 posts Has That Special Something
    I enjoy it a lot more than divisions.
  • Wooly1203
    3128 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t mind weekend league, I just wish the window wasn’t so small. It should just be a competition that lasts all week and resets on a certain day.
  • Destin8or
    1376 posts Professional
    edited May 4
    I enjoy it.... Its a mode where everyone will do anything to win, but that makes your own wins feel more worthwhile.
    Nothing worse than winning if somone isn't trying or letting you win.

Added TOTS Auba this weekend and got G1 for the first time ever.
    Been G2 all year but took an uppercut the last month or so when a patch came out, really been struggling and finishing S1.... Changed my game and slowly rebuilt.
  • The_Faries_76
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's good now that the rewards are decent.

It had got to the point were the whole thing was a huge waste of time. The totws rarely contained a player good enough to make it into most ppls first team, add to this that the red picks never contained the top teir players from totw anyway.
  • Marty_McFly1
    66 posts Park Captain
    I had someone 3-0 up and time wasting from the start of the second half, watching all replays and celebrations. I won 4-3 in the last minute with a mistake from his keeper that he kept passing back to. That alone made me enjoy the whole weekend league.
  • bartsch88
    511 posts An Exciting Prospect
    WL can be enjoyable, up until you play someone who keeps 60%+ possession, and once they score the play keep away even more. Had one guy like that yesterday, and he ran around shushing and watching replays.

I can almost understand playing like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ If you’re that desperate, but the parading around? Especially if it’s not in retaliation, I just understand how someone could be so small.
  • Jrbmore
    449 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 4
    Feels like complete chore now. I did it this weekend because of the pl tots, but honestly even if you pack a top tier red you will still finish the same next week. That's whats terrible for me right now I feel like building your team doesn't even matter
  • BondJame5Collins
    2171 posts Fans' Favourite
    More so than Rivals. At least with WL you know its a game and not just someone trying to do objectives.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Tootrill22 wrote: »

I can never get even half the games in

I never used to when I used to work weekends. Now, weekends are my only days off of the week so I just can't be bothered wasting them on WL.

Only playing now because of corona, and I'm only working 2-3 days a week, and of course there's nothing else to do...
  • unxius
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's hard enough as it is and with players not tackling and soft pens , freekicks , the game doesnt have the same rules as real football . Not mentioning the absolutely joke of the pass going in the totally wrong way as where you are aiming in the pass . I've had a goalkeeper run out the box and safe the ball about 5 yards out with his hands and players taking down players that haven't got the ball with no freekick .
  • Ballerson
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its better than Rivals. Rivals is “Objectives & crap I can’t get out”

The game itself is getting worse but the 3 WL I’ve been in, were better than Rivals. Problem w WL is its on a weekend. In non covad times, what kinda man has the time to get in 20-30 games?? The idea of WL is ok, just needs to be revamped for those of us who don’t have time for 20-30 games & Rivals and Objectives needs a deep retool - rethink —

Oh, and ya all need to “git gud”.