D9 makes no sense

EekAlaska
2316 posts Fans' Favourite
D6 last year was a cake walk and ppl had trash teams, now D9 70% or more of teams are stacked and clearly do not belong there.

Are Divisions 8,7,6 any easier?

Comments

• A5B
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    Not sure about 6-8, but 3-5 are not easier. Filled with people who have relegated. You can tell when you lose 40 skill points after getting battered one game, but gaining 40 after winning a close game.
  • Mercenary
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Division 8 is sweaty but I can still slowly work my way towards promotion. At Division 7 it is a total sweatfest.
  • EekAlaska
    I just find it strange that even now teams in FUT19 D5 are terrible, and yet most teams in D9 this year are stacked.

I am going to try and fight my way up to D8 or 7 and see how it goes there. Maybe I just started too late in the year.
  • NucksNation
    2215 posts Fans' Favourite
    EekAlaska wrote: »
    I just find it strange that even now teams in FUT19 D5 are terrible, and yet most teams in D9 this year are stacked.

I am going to try and fight my way up to D8 or 7 and see how it goes there. Maybe I just started too late in the year.

Two weeks in for me only so I didn’t have a great team but just moved to D8 and been facing a lot of stacked teams in D9 and 8.. even then they park the bus and hit the wings with counters, shame
  • Bayaeraking408
    826 posts Professional
    Last year was a div 5-4 player now can’t pass division 8 but guess I’m not the only one
  • MxMLover
    208 posts Sunday League Hero
    I cant get out div 7. Weekend league is easier for me. 17 wins every week. Makes no sense
  • Satch85
    1167 posts Professional
    I'm a casual player these days, always a steady div 3-4 player in previous years and when I play WL I can get G1-2, but I can get out of div 6-7 for the life of me, opponents have mega teams and a for the most part better than me but there pulling of serious sweaty manoeuvres and tactics which you wouldn't normally see down in these divisions. I dont get it
  • Tuqijuno
    621 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stacked team doesn't mean anything. My real level is somewhere between divs 6-8 and was the same last year. I don't have a incredible team, but probably high average and definitely not trash. Still I've never been above div 6. So yeah, stacked team doesn't mean anything.
  • RadioShaq
    16215 posts Moderator
    Stacked teams are not a good indication. That’s not to say dropping divisions doesn’t need fixed. Trading is more the problem with stacked teams though and could use a nerf so playing is more rewarding.
  • nicitel32
    2883 posts Fans' Favourite
    When u get beat in div 6 by a 50k team u know he relegated to do objective. Actually we should get better at the game when facing better opponents. I mean its nôt good for EA in first place when Kids see that even their 40mil team get destroyed by 40k team. Whats the point of grinding for better players when someone that is good at the game smack u easily
  • EekAlaska
    Pay2Win and ppl complain, silver and bronze teams beat gold teams = everyone complains about that. Honestly there isnt any fix for everyone.

In the past I have messaged ppl I played against and we were 2-5 divisions apart. Maybe that is what is happening this year too, and I think I am playing a D9 person, but in fact they are D5.
  • Kallthebosskwik
    83 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Decided not to play WL this week and just play a bit of rivals In Div 6, I was 20 SP from Div 5.
    All the opponents had objective teams, when they see I’m not playing for objectives, each one, pause at kick off sub on Ben Yedder, Mbappe and Neymar, this was the same in 7 matches.

Followed by drag back, spam skill moves, and their players lashing into mine at breakneck speed!
    I just want a level playing field, against people at my level.
  • Gromit
    4841 posts National Call-Up
    It makes sense because all you have to do is play the game.

Do that and you get your Storyline players, Objective players, Icon Swaps all free

You earn rival points, squad battle points, earn rewards all free.

So without buying a single Fifa point there's no reason why by now you can't have a great team.

I'm ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at this game highest I've ever been is Div 6 but I have a 90 rated team. 7 of them untradables.
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    MxMLover wrote: »
    I cant get out div 7. Weekend league is easier for me. 17 wins every week. Makes no sense

I mean this makes zerooo sense.. How the hell u do 17 wins :smile: and cant ge tout of div 7.. i mean div 7 is really easy
  • Kevin
    1524 posts Play-Off Hero
    I found it harder in D5 and above, trying my best to stay at 5, but all the games are desame in D5, just waiting for your mistakes, high pressure and counter attack, I hate it.
  • EekAlaska
    Gromit wrote: »
    It makes sense because all you have to do is play the game.

Do that and you get your Storyline players, Objective players, Icon Swaps all free

You earn rival points, squad battle points, earn rewards all free.

So without buying a single Fifa point there's no reason why by now you can't have a great team.

I'm ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at this game highest I've ever been is Div 6 but I have a 90 rated team. 7 of them untradables.

Except that I just started a week ago lol
  • swfcfan89
    1169 posts Professional
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Stacked teams are not a good indication. That’s not to say dropping divisions doesn’t need fixed. Trading is more the problem with stacked teams though and could use a nerf so playing is more rewarding.

Really? "Nerf" trading so that the only option to get good teams is through spending real money or playing an unhealthy amount of games? Many, including myself, would stop playing all together and I haven't traded properly for a few years now due to all the rewards on offer for simply playing a bunch of games no matter what skill level.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    swfcfan89 wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Really? "Nerf" trading so that the only option to get good teams is through spending real money or playing an unhealthy amount of games? Many, including myself, would stop playing all together and I haven't traded properly for a few years now due to all the rewards on offer for simply playing a bunch of games no matter what skill level.

Trading is just another means of spending real money. Time = money. In fact, if you properly value your own time (as you should), that time saved from buying packs makes it cheaper than trading.
  • NattoPatrol
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    On my last Fifa i got to division 2 in Fifa 17 but in this game I’m stuck in division 9. I do quit matches a lot because of icon swaps but I’d still say it’s not easy to get out of but I haven’t exactly tried yet with a proper team. I only play rivals for swaps and packs
  • EekAlaska
    On my last Fifa i got to division 2 in Fifa 17 but in this game I’m stuck in division 9. I do quit matches a lot because of icon swaps but I’d still say it’s not easy to get out of but I haven’t exactly tried yet with a proper team. I only play rivals for swaps and packs

I was D2 at my best last year too. D4 or D5 was where I liked to be though. Inam sure I will get out of D9 once I figure out how to abuse this years mechanics a little better, but who knows how long that will take.
  • MrMTFC
    853 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm div 5, don't buy fp, play only when I want, don't build up coins through trading and don't have great pack luck but still built up a team some might call stacked but nothing compared to so many others. Swaps this year has been a blessing and a curse, good for I got drogba, ronaldinho and have chance for a zidane or maradona so helped build up team that way but bad for people relegating and badly affecting others games with it. I think it's good as people seem to have had a better game with being able to get more of the players they want generally (don't know how much is affected with ppl buying fp though), so it still comes down to skill level in the end (along with servers, elo and all the other stuff affecting the gameplay)
  • EekAlaska
    Looking at those swap requirements now they seem too much to bother with. Maybe if I get FIFA21 in September I will do that next year.
  • PaulDr
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    I went down from 7 to 9 because of poor servers. I have had some abusive messages saying I'm going to be reported etc for having a good team in a low division. One of the most toxic things this year is people falsely accusing others of self relegating.
  • MrMTFC
    853 posts Semi-Pro
    PaulDr wrote: »
    I went down from 7 to 9 because of poor servers. I have had some abusive messages saying I'm going to be reported etc for having a good team in a low division. One of the most toxic things this year is people falsely accusing others of self relegating.

With people self relegating it's definetly increased the toxicity so much and brought all the trolls out. If I face someone while doing a swaps challenge, they don't play well and I win then I get messages like that and abuse too. Can't blame me if they're crap. Hope they do keep swaps next year but change the challenger so you don't have ones like this year and get all this crap again
  • NRL
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A5B wrote: »
    Not sure about 6-8, but 3-5 are not easier. Filled with people who have relegated. You can tell when you lose 40 skill points after getting battered one game, but gaining 40 after winning a close game.

How do skill points work.? Never fully understood this.
  • MrMTFC
    853 posts Semi-Pro
    I think it's just to put a numerical value to your approximate skill level so it can try to put you against someone else it seems close enough to your level. Based on like how you've done and played in the game so far. I think it's the best way to try to match you as fairly as it can with others