What the absolute fk is going on this weekend?

Vanch
1052 posts Play-Off Hero
edited April 17
EDIT: Thanks for all the support guys. Refreshing to see people understand how frustrating this is, and not resorting to making fun of me. It's appreciated, honestly ;)

This was my result last weekend, having finished G1 consistently the past few months... I was 1 win off E3.

BJW4jqf.png

This weekend though, wtf is going on? I'm playing the worst I've EVER played, and it looks like I'm gonna struggle to even make S1. Look at the difference in my performance from above to this weekend, which is shown below... Seriously, 7 wins from 14 games for a consistent G1 player who nearly made E3 last weekend? How the hell can performance change that dramatically all of a sudden? I've not changed ANYTHING in my team. My players are the same, my tactics are the same, everything is the same.

Untitled.png

People might say "it's lag" but I don't agree with that. If it was lag, then everyone would be suffering from it, even my opponents, but they're not. The ball is sticking to them like glue, they're intercepting EVERYTHING (and I mean EVERYTHING), and they're never messing up a pass or tackle. Is there some new super tactic that everyone's using? Wtf is going on?
Post edited by Vanch on

Comments

• Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    I haven't even started my weekend league. Maybe you should try playing until midnight. See if that makes a difference.
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dave2791 wrote: »
    I haven't even started my weekend league. Maybe you should try playing until midnight. See if that makes a difference.

I'm playing at my usual times, and never perform this badly. It can't be the time of day I'm playing, surely.
  • Mikep2212
    729 posts Semi-Pro
    Lag is sooo bad mate. Its not just you games feel like they are lasting forever and not free flowing at all
  • Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    Vanch wrote: »
    Dave2791 wrote: »

I'm playing at my usual times, and never perform this badly. It can't be the time of day I'm playing, surely.

Seriously try midnight. I feel gameplay is so much better. And it just may be the case that servers are way too overloaded this weekend. Just give it a try
  • NinthFall
    2031 posts Fans' Favourite
    I learned it the hard way last weekend. Worst possible mistake you can do is play too many WL games on friday. Start off nicely and think you got it good but it will end bad
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mikep2212 wrote: »
    Lag is sooo bad mate. Its not just you games feel like they are lasting forever and not free flowing at all

But if that's the case, why is it not happening for everyone? That's what I mean when people blame it on lag. They don't take into account that surely my opponents would be suffering from the same, therefore it'd be a fair game.
  • Ishibum
    14993 posts World Class
    14 games and this early on Friday... I think there's the answer right there
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero
    NinthFall wrote: »
    I learned it the hard way last weekend. Worst possible mistake you can do is play too many WL games on friday. Start off nicely and think you got it good but it will end bad

I didn't even start off good. I started on 1-7, and that was the reason I kept playing. No matter what anyone says, there's no way in hell I'm gonna stop playing and leave it until the next day when I'm on 1 win from 8. I know I should, but I'm sure you guys know how it feels when you're on a losing streak... You don't wanna quit, even though you know you should.
  • futscp
    429 posts Sunday League Hero
    Confirm that the servers are extremely laggy right now, best to play later or tomorrow
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »
    14 games and this early on Friday... I think there's the answer right there

See above post. I get where you're coming from, I really do, but I didn't even start well... I carried on playing due to losing so many games. I NEVER start off this badly.
  • Theomanny
    2158 posts Fans' Favourite
    Go to storage and delete saved settings. Restart console and reset settings from scratch
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero
    Theomanny wrote: »
    Go to storage and delete saved settings. Restart console and reset settings from scratch

I'm on PC mate.
  • Ishibum
    14993 posts World Class
    edited April 17

I didn't even start off good. I started on 1-7, and that was the reason I kept playing. No matter what anyone says, there's no way in hell I'm gonna stop playing and leave it until the next day when I'm on 1 win from 8. I know I should, but I'm sure you guys know how it feels when you're on a losing streak... You don't wanna quit, even though you know you should.

I play in three game chunks - taking an hour break minimum after the third (only exception is if I win 3 and gameplay is good... then I'll continue until I lose). Stops me getting too triggered and going on awful runs.
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 17

I play in three game chunks. After the three, I'll avoid playing for at least

I play in three game chunks - taking an hour break minimum after the third (only exception is if I win 3 and gameplay is good... then I'll continue until I lose). Stops me getting too triggered and going on awful runs.

But it's not like I'm magically gonna come back and play 100x better just because I take a break, surely? It seems there's far more to it than that this weekend. There's some absolute BS going on.
  • Jonx88
    953 posts Semi-Pro

So you've won 6 out of 6?, that's alright you've turned it round as best you could, tomorrow is a new day...
  • Ishibum
    14993 posts World Class

But it's not like I'm magically gonna come back and play 100x better just because I take a break, surely? It seems there's far more to it than that this weekend. There's some absolute BS going on.

You'd be surprised. Losing games can put you in a different mindset that impacts on how you play. It can be subtle enough that you don't even notice it... then you've lost 5 on the spin.
  • WorcsEverton
    272 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 17

But you probably would play better if come back later. On a losing streak you just get annoyed, much more likely to rage quit too early when another day you'd be prepared to fight for a comeback win. You make reckless rushed moves and your whole game becomes trash.
    Just take a breather and accept your poor results, make the best of it bud. It's just a stupid game after all
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero

But you probably would play better if come back later. On a losing streak you just get annoyed, much more likely to rage quit too early when another day you'd be prepared to fight for a comeback win. You make reckless rushed moves and your whole game becomes trash.
    Just take a breather and accept your poor results, make the best of it bud. It's just a stupid game after all

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I guess you guys are right, I should've taken a break, but as I'm sure you can imagine when you're on a huge losing streak and performing the worst you've ever done, you wanna find out what's causing it. It's hard to leave as you try to stay and convince yourself that you're still decent at the game, etc. It's a vicious and annoying cycle.
  • Rossco160715
    2632 posts Fans' Favourite
    What formation are you using?
  • SlickDaddy
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    Think it’s this new high press glitch m8 I had to play a whole new way so far this weekend
  • browney1888
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    do not play right now. im expecting ea to take servers down as its obv they are being targeted again
  • Vanch wrote: »
    This was my result last weekend, having finished G1 consistently the past few months... I was 1 win off E3.

BJW4jqf.png

This weekend though, wtf is going on? I'm playing the worst I've EVER played, and it looks like I'm gonna struggle to even make S1. Look at the difference in my performance from above to this weekend, which is shown below... Seriously, 7 wins from 14 games for a consistent G1 player who nearly made E3 last weekend? How the hell can performance change that dramatically all of a sudden? I've not changed ANYTHING in my team. My players are the same, my tactics are the same, everything is the same.

Untitled.png

People might say "it's lag" but I don't agree with that. If it was lag, then everyone would be suffering from it, even my opponents, but they're not. The ball is sticking to them like glue, they're intercepting EVERYTHING (and I mean EVERYTHING), and they're never messing up a pass or tackle. Is there some new super tactic that everyone's using? Wtf is going on?

BJW4jqf.png

Untitled.png

I’m an okay player l think. Normally finish around 15 wins, but l hear what your saying bro. Struggled against a poor player and team my first game, lost against a poor player my second game, and destroyed by an ALL SILVER team in my 3rd match. In all 3 games so far, none of my players are moving as they normally do,
    Passes aren’t making their targets and the balls constantly coming straight back at me.
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 17
    SlickDaddy wrote: »
    Think it’s this new high press glitch m8 I had to play a whole new way so far this weekend

What glitch is that? Do you mean everyone's using Team Press due to the stamina nerf, or something else?
    What formation are you using?

4231, but at 5 depth. Balanced tactics. Been using the same tactics for months now and usually get G1.
  • Messi181
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Usually elite but currently 8-5 never had a start like that. Would be surprised if I even finish on silver 1 at this rate. Game feels so different!
  • Retropoe82
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    Game is off today just checked my speed or see what the issue with bad latency. Done a speed test an i'm 25ms. Yet fifa says im at 116ms hrmm..
  • Wayno69
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Unlucky OP. As the lads have stated, best to take a break after a losing streak, much easier said than done I know! Well done on pulling it back tho, GL with the rest of your games bud
  • Sean123_
    753 posts Semi-Pro
    The latest update has ruined the game end of. Gameplay changes week to week. The games getting worse and worse what an embarrassment
  • Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    Retropoe82 wrote: »
    Game is off today just checked my speed or see what the issue with bad latency. Done a speed test an i'm 25ms. Yet fifa says im at 116ms hrmm..

How did you do a speed test to fifa servers?
  • Sean123_ wrote: »
    The latest update has ruined the game end of. Gameplay changes week to week. The games getting worse and worse what an embarrassment

True. Every game I play afterwards is a pure nightmare. I feel empty after playing a couple of games. Feels like my team is completely uncontrollable. As we speak I'm losing 7-0 to some dude I'd normally beat easily.
  • Vanch
    1052 posts Play-Off Hero
    SlickDaddy wrote: »

What glitch is that? Do you mean everyone's using Team Press due to the stamina nerf, or something else?
    Saekerhett wrote: »
    Sean123_ wrote: »

True. Every game I play afterwards is a pure nightmare. I feel empty after playing a couple of games. Feels like my team is completely uncontrollable. As we speak I'm losing 7-0 to some dude I'd normally beat easily.

Speaking of losing to some guy you'd normally beat easily... I actually lost 7-1 earlier to a guy in WL that I beat with EASE 3 times over the past month in DR. I remember his team name and players, and they hadn't changed. It's stuff like that I don't understand at all. It shouldn't happen, but it does, and the frustrating thing is there's no answer as to WHY it's happening, it just happens.