A goodbye and tribute to my 1500 games, Roberto Carlos

Comments

• Oweyman
    1240 posts Professional
    LiamSully wrote: »
    Oweyman wrote: »
    Some odd people here obsessing about the goal contributions of a fullback. I reckon most of us could get 10 contributions with our fullbacks every weekend by pushing them up the field if we were happy to finish Gold 2! :D

Some of us are happy to finish G2 😂😂

Wasn't intended as an insult bro. Just that if most people pushed their fullbacks up all the time, they'd struggle in WL. :D
  • GeorgeGervin
    2647 posts Fans' Favourite
    TheTataGuy wrote: »
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Time has come to try something new, after 1500 games, farewell my friend

edece7f5-e4f5-451f-a2a2-27661dc700b6.png

you dont use him for FK?
    my carlos has already hit more than 100 goals.. he doesnt miss a FK at all

Best FK Taker in the game for me. Bins em top shelf consistently.

Don't opponents move the keeper against you? I can't remember when for the last time I scored or conceded a free kick to be honest..

Quite often yes. Just aim the other side. Wall doesn’t affect his spin. I don’t know why I do so well with him taking free kicks. I’m sure there’s others with higher stats out there. I may just gel with his style of FK.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    D14 wrote: »
    I don’t want to be that guy but in 1500 games those states are pretty horrific, do you not score at all?

The meta is 4231 and stay back on fullbacks, thus they aren't much involved in front of goal.

I totally understand that but honestly less than 100 goals contribution in 1500 games, I was talking about the combined not just the goals.

Post a pick of your LB then
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2020
    My Carlos has 1000 games as well. With 77 goals from free kicks

was hard to say goodbye as well

Post edited by Smsalnuaimi on
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Got him from mid icon pack, was a little skeptical with his height and low dribbling but really good so far

• Fifapayne
    5017 posts Big Money Move
    I don’t want to be that guy but in 1500 games those states are pretty horrific, do you not score at all?

Your full backs won’t score when you play drop back. Those are terrible stats for 1500 games

I play balanced and 7 depth, GG mate.

Careful all the D6 pros are gonna tell you RC needs more goals lmao
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    My Carlos has 1000 games as well. With 77 goals from free kicks

was hard to say goodbye as well

Nice man!
    Clancy wrote: »
    Got him from mid icon pack, was a little skeptical with his height and low dribbling but really good so far

Yeah he's really good, although you have the mid, don't think there's a massive difference between them.
    Fifapayne wrote: »

Your full backs won’t score when you play drop back. Those are terrible stats for 1500 games

I play balanced and 7 depth, GG mate.

Careful all the D6 pros are gonna tell you RC needs more goals lmao

Yeah lol, everybody is entitled to their own playing style of course, but they should have seen my stats with my strikers. I had eusebio for a week and he had something like 45 games and 70 goals.. lol..
  • Damn, haters out in force.
    My Mbabbu has 2 goals in 565 games, probably about 5 assists.

Those are actually decent contributions on your Carlos.
  • Just saw you had 3 red in 1500 games, no idea what happened but the other day I got 91 Eusabio, my first ever time using him. Somehow by hook or crook I was on an astonishing 3 red cards in 15 games😆 and I'm not a dirty player, idk what happened lol
  • Chogau1
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Still on my main squad, free kicks are awesome

8bdgWMU.jpg

• Zeke1216
    2963 posts National Call-Up
    yosef167 wrote: »
    Time has come to try something new, after 1500 games, farewell my friend

edece7f5-e4f5-451f-a2a2-27661dc700b6.png

you dont use him for FK?
    my carlos has already hit more than 100 goals.. he doesnt miss a FK at all

You can’t make this statement and not post a picture ? And if true, please post a fk tutorial as well lol
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6636 posts Big Money Move
    Dumped him in a sbc months ago :D
  • DannySTFC
    7888 posts League Winner
    Dude gets high end Elite finishes every week and people question his methods 😆 this forum
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Dude gets high end Elite finishes every week and people question his methods 😆 this forum

Yeah cause they also hit elite in squad battles
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    Try Tagliafico 😉
  • Seanregal
    1946 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just checked my one got 92 goals in 1525 but early in the game i played him as an off chem winger which schews it a lot, what did suprise though was 12 yellows i thought i liked a foul more than that.
  • IxToMxI
    7922 posts League Winner

The meta is 4231 and stay back on fullbacks, thus they aren't much involved in front of goal.

Well it doesn't matter that much which formation you play, if you don't have fullbacks on stay back you're going to have a tough time, played a while like that, and yes it was fun, you just get destroyed eventually.

This unfortunately is so true, it’s a shame as well as last year you could really have your fullbacks involved, this year it’s so limited to when you can use it
  • TheTataGuy
    Nice to see more Carlos lovers here! He served me well, now I am using SS Mendy in leftback and that guy is definitely next level..
  • Jimmy89
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    People weighing in on how many goals someone’s fecking LB has scored 🤣🤣
  • TheTataGuy

Never knew attacking stats were so important for some people for full backs haha
    jonkero wrote: »
    Try Tagliafico 😉

Haha, I think I prefer SS Mendy 😏
  • lbezza
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Never knew attacking stats were so important for some people for full backs haha
    Try Tagliafico 😉

Whata your team atm?
  • TheTataGuy
    lbezza wrote: »

Try Tagliafico 😉

Whata your team atm?

20200417-005155.jpg
  • yosef167
    3187 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2020
    Jimmy89 wrote: »
    People weighing in on how many goals someone’s fecking LB has scored 🤣🤣

most of us was surprised beacuse Carlos is great FK taker nothing more :) and tata said why he didnt score alot . laugh on yourself now.
    if it was other lB/RB non would have been surprised .
  • chicken_nuggetsFTW
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Most goals ive ever had out of a FB is TOTY Alba in Fifa 18 but that was because he could shoot like Pele, dribble like Messi, and was useless in defense for the most part. Congrats Tata Ive been looking at 88 Roberto lately, 1500 with baby is an awesome milestone.
  • Ballerson
    1256 posts Professional
    Jose Mourinho would be proud of the “beautiful game” being played in 20.

Not a dig at you Tata, a dig at the state of 20 and how far removed it is from being a close simulation of the real game.

Being countered totally sucks so I get it re keeping d on stat back — also how the game is teeed up for set pieces to be better counter attacks for an op than goal scoring chances — with the exception of the late minute free kicks just outside the box the ea refs seem to give a lot at during the last few mins of wl with a one goal lead....

Real game the lbs & rbs are bombing it forward, leaving the 2 cbs and one or 2 cms to cover...and the entire team presses in the other half — maybe this is what the EA folks intended to replicate with the constant press post patch machinations —