Pressure tactics and stamina????

Bowie78
219 posts Sunday League Hero
So it seems everyone out there has the answer except me!!! I’ve played 6 rivals in a row tonight where each player has played some sort of pressure tactic and I just can’t seem to figure it out??? It’s almost paid chucking time!!! If I play pressure tactics my players become tired so quickly they stop doing basic things like passing and moving. And yes I’ve tried the old ‘pass it around and make them make a mistake’ but it’s not giving me any joy. Any help on why this is happening??? I can handle losing to broken game but when every game plays out like this you start to wonder what you are doing wrong. I’m not a bad player, just can’t seem to combat these annoying tactics. And to top it all off, every player tonight has made watch the goals and celebrations🖕🖕🖕🖕

Comments

• Seems to work for some and not others. From what people are saying has something to do with your proximity to the servers or something. I'm usually on the receiving end of the never-ending-press, sometimes manage to get a win, but mostly just watch my team get worse as the game goes on despite not pressing back. Worse is the double whammy when the connection is crap so you keep having the game delay and speed up on you.
  • Bowie78
    Same experience here. Ruining the game for me. Obviously there’s a lot of things not right with Fifa but this particular problem is not making the game fun to play for me. It’s almost like every game I can feel the mechanics working against me. Balls not quite making it or flying 20yards to far. That 50/50 challenge I very rarely win and don’t get me started on the shooting. High agility, balance and reaction players taking that extra touch just at the wrong time in front of goal. The games that don’t feel like that, I score 3 goals in 25 mins and the player rage quits. Like I said, I’m not new to fifa but this one is going to be my last. Can’t continue to play games where the result is sometimes out of your hands
  • PaulDr
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've gone down two divisions because of this. For some reason pressure tactics against you are draining your own players stamina.
  • abhreebhu_45
    2027 posts Fans' Favourite
    PaulDr wrote: »
    I've gone down two divisions because of this. For some reason pressure tactics against you are draining your own players stamina.

That happens actually, though i m not able to understand why
  • MxMLover
    208 posts Sunday League Hero
    I win 17 times in fut champs every week. Went from 6 to 8 division losing every game în div rivals. Not because of strong opponents but because my team plays like a bronze team with no stamina.
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    1329 posts Play-Off Hero
    Man I been complaining about this since this last week. It’s very frustrating honestly takes no skill to just high pressure whole game.pretty much they only score off of mistakes due to the high pressure.
  • OZero
    6906 posts Big Money Move
    This patch is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ridiculous
  • SpiderMonkeybpg
    1329 posts Play-Off Hero
    OZero wrote: »
    This patch is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ridiculous

Yup 💯
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    So what are the tactics? I mean if you can't beat them join them right
  • Unemesis
    87 posts Park Captain
    edited April 16

I've played Fifa 20 since the beginning and I'm used to how stamina impacts my players, after the last patch I noticed that my players stamina is lower than usual after 60 mins when I play against someone using constant pressure.

Also, the number of people I've faced using constant pressure has increased since the patch.
  • Unemesis
    87 posts Park Captain
    Man I been complaining about this since this last week. It’s very frustrating honestly takes no skill to just high pressure whole game.pretty much they only score off of mistakes due to the high pressure.

EA really needs to get rid of constant pressure or tune it down, it doesn't make sense how it increases players reactions, interceptions and speed, it's constant pressure not a button to increase players stats.
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 16
    Unemesis wrote: »
    EA really needs to get rid of constant pressure or tune it down, it doesn't make sense how it increases players reactions, interceptions and speed, it's constant pressure not a button to increase players stats.
    It would be fine if they had the stamina penalty right.
    You want your whole team to constantly pressure, sprint, intercept, tackle, ...? Well, they'll be pretty tired around 60-70 minutes.
    In reality, my team on balanced, casually jogging around on the pitch, has *less* stamina during the end phase than the guys with the insane workrate. Doesn't make sense.
    Post edited by BuZuS on
  • Bowie78
    All of the above. It’s a joke that EA have allowed this to happen. How can a tactic that should have a negative impact on the team using it, make it almost impossible for the opposing team to play football??? I understand that these tactics are a thing and do have a place in the game, but as far as I can see, there is no way to counter it. It’s not like u can switch to certain tactics in game to help you play against it, my players just don’t react to anything no matter what I try. Seriously frustrating!!!! And what’s worst is it affects some more than others. They’ll be a lot of players out there who think i’m moaning and to ‘just get good’. I wish that was an option. How can you ‘get good’ when the game you are playing is clearly giving your opponent an advantage!!!!!
  • BuZuS
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bowie78 wrote: »
    How can a tactic that should have a negative impact on the team using it, make it almost impossible for the opposing team to play football???
    Oddly enough, I had the exact same experience as you pre-patch.
    Post-patch, it didn't happen to me once. Before, I literally couldn't do anything before getting the ball tackled away from me. No pass, no dribble, no skill move, nothing. Even direct passing wouldn't work like 80% of the time, because the animation would be long enough for the opponent to tackle (and in the 20% it would work, the resulting pass would get intercepted).
    Now, I can casually left-stick dribble to avoid those high-pressure tackles. Dunno what changed or how, but it's a completely different game for me now. Much better.
  • Bowie78
    I can only hope. It’s been mentioned in the forums before that it may be to do with the players you use and they’re stats/work rates. I do think this all has implications on how the game plays but I don’t believe this to be the case, with my team at least. Don’t get me wrong, my team is far from the perfect meta team, but all my players have good work rates for there position/role and my players should be usable. What I did notice last night was that nearly all of my matches were home matches. From what I understand, this should give me an advantage over my opponent but that didn’t happen last night. In some of the games is very clear that my opponent had a much better connection than me or was using the so called tactics that makes my players feel so slow and sluggish. There must be a way round this that I haven’t found.
  • Mjdtheman
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 16
    Its a much better game now. At least players are coming out you trying to get the ball other that just being there defensive midfielder and sitting back trying to block passes, now that was boring and not real defending
  • Bowie78
    Unemesis wrote: »

I've played Fifa 20 since the beginning and I'm used to how stamina impacts my players, after the last patch I noticed that my players stamina is lower than usual after 60 mins when I play against someone using constant pressure.

Also, the number of people I've faced using constant pressure has increased since the patch.

This is my exact feeling in game. Why allow a game with so many options become so biased towards just a couple of formations, tactics and players. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t lose half the games I do if I was put into a balanced match.
  • BeastlyHusla
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    jonkero wrote: »
    So what are the tactics? I mean if you can't beat them join them right

It's team press/constant pressure. It's one way. If they're already using it and your players are struggling. You can use road team press but you'll be stuck in this really poor gameplay of sluggishness.

Now like someone above said, it's in favour of people with connections closer to servers.
  • Bowie78
    Now like someone above said, it's in favour of people with connections closer to servers.

So from a paying customers point of view, this surely needs addressing. I stopped spending cash on packs after toty. I realised that no matter what players I put into my team, it didn’t improve the gameplay. I don’t think that EA punish players for not buying packs. It’s all rng and you take the gamble when you buy Fifa points. But, when the gameplay balance is down to a company the size of EA not being able to fund a service capable of giving us all a level playing field...... unfortunately I just don’t think they give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about us and allow the game to continue like this, making massive profits from the players that still pump hundreds into the game. The lack of communication from EA in these forums confirms this. I play other games where the devs give constant updates on issues and are reactive to constructive criticism. How can a company of this size become so unattached from its player base, especially on a game that has probably hundreds of millions of players paying for it!!!!!
  • Bowie78
    So I thought I’d try the game out again tonight, just to see if it was me or the game. Well, it seems even worse tonight. My players seem even slower and incapable of doing anything at all, whilst my opponent runs rings round me and connects with every pass and shot. Are EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ seriously not looking into the problems to this game???? It’s almost criminal the level of incompetence they are getting away with. All I can hope is that PES turn up next year with so we can all ❤️❤️❤️❤️ EA off. Not that they’ll give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anyway. And yes I’ll probably keep on playing and moaning every other day to try and see if they can redeem themselves but I doubt it.
  • JK1169
    21 posts Ball Boy
    I agree with everything people have said before, and also something else I've noticed about these teams... What is it with the super strong tackles they can put in that make your controller vibrate? My players never make these tackles and then they're whacking my players straight off the ball? That's one of the things that irritates me most and I just can't figure out how they do those tackles.
  • Edge01
    80 posts Park Captain
    I had mine on balanced which worked fine last weekend, but needed to change it to constant pressure and possession tonight otherwise the players lost all energy. Totally stupid update.