What do you think of these DDOS attacks?

Futfanatic
15221 posts World Class

What do you think of these DDOS attacks? 78 votes

Sucks, I can’t play.
24%
Arron xoxTeeCBeeJK1169campbellWarrenBartonswfcfan89SeandimesjoehukCosmicFuzzCK4795SmsalnuaimiJesusdinhoDiemChavez76ata0105TuqijunoPhreakerHubbabubbaDirtyHarryZak 19 votes
Sad that EA still can’t handle them.
35%
DiggyNornIronHSSJR440PirateWDIXON THFCYookomypetfrogWortel1981PaularbearTboonBobo23DenzHuxxjoeyukGustavio72FutfanaticNeonZeroBeastlyHuslaAcquiesce 28 votes
Too bad it’s not hurting them during a promo.
39%
mindm4sterMr MasenkolucasSYMMO19ICUPMossupJPRM71FUT_CPFCScotmark1986Murf1985Dutch007Afridi19KulmanDutyHarryiRusty_yokaaasenDistinhoFrankFrankSeleukosgdal73 31 votes

Comments

• Mossup
    1206 posts Professional
    I’m sure it’d be fixed quicker.
  • WarrenBarton
    10455 posts Has That Special Something
    Sucks, I can’t play.
    It’s 💩, hopefully they upgrade their servers because of it though
  • SortIToutEA
    432 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It would be better if the hackers could just target the CEO's and other suits that make the bad moves rather than effecting the innocent player base.

Would much rather hear how a EA ceo lost something from being hacked than hearing the servers are down for the 50,000 time.

If it don't effect profit EA won't even tell shareholders about the issues they encounter as they will lose shares if they do.

Like wise EA can blame any loss on COVID-19 this year and thus say they need to invest nothing at all into the infrastructure of the game and pretend like nothing is wrong like they always do.
  • ICUP
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    It would be better if the hackers could just target the CEO's and other suits that make the bad moves rather than effecting the innocent player base.

Would much rather hear how a EA ceo lost something from being hacked than hearing the servers are down for the 50,000 time.

If it don't effect profit EA won't even tell shareholders about the issues they encounter as they will lose shares if they do.

Like wise EA can blame any loss on COVID-19 this year and thus say they need to invest nothing at all into the infrastructure of the game and pretend like nothing is wrong like they always do.

You could hack someone and find no information or you could ddos a server and cause the corporation to lose money.

A shame it didn't happen during the promos though as this would have most likely been sorted alot quicker.
  • ChappellRovers
    3069 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 15
    I think its just sad. If any other game company, no matter how small, experienced outages like this people would just get something else but because of the monopoly they hold on this game mode we all have to put up with it. What doesn’t help either is EA’s attitude of no compensation, no bonus experience/content for corona and no information passed to the player base about what is actually happening. EA should stop making games and just become a PPI firm, they’d be good at that.
  • Mackie17
    8468 posts League Winner
    Not buying the ddos bs personally
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    No fuchs.png given.
  • BuZuS
    1306 posts Professional
    Mackie17 wrote: »

Why? What's your theory?
  • Jdizzle
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    BuZuS wrote: »
    Mackie17 wrote: »

Why? What's your theory?

Theory is servers can't handle that many players off work/school.
  • BuZuS
    1306 posts Professional
    Jdizzle wrote: »
    Then they should have been done for days/weeks.
  • Mackie17
    8468 posts League Winner
    Coding/software/hardware issues. If it was hackers they'd be making a song and a dance about it as usual
  • Diem
    296 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sucks, I can’t play.

Yes, last week would have been worse on that basis, as first week of Easter holidays and schools not setting tasks for students, along with FUT birthday content.

It's interesting that it's just in the past days, my speculation is that the attacks have been carrying on all along but have been managed, whereas now they've found a different weakness to exploit.
  • Jdizzle
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite

Doesn't mean they have to crash instantly/permanently. This is also not the first time they've been down during quarantine, look at when fut birthday was released.
  • BeastlyHusla
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Garbage company
  • TDOF
    2934 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly, if they're not getting any fifa point sales it's better for us, a company that is 100% focused on what cards to put into the game instead of fixing the core of the game deserve this

Would be pleased if they keep DDoSing till 21, or hope they're asking for a ransom of like 5 billion
  • BuZuS
    1306 posts Professional
    Doesn't mean they have to crash instantly/permanently. This is also not the first time they've been down during quarantine, look at when fut birthday was released.
    If this was purely a load-issue, they wouldn't be stable for days, and then go down for 16+ hours like yesterday. Not saying EA is doing a good job (far from it), but this does indeed look like a very unusual occurrence and not just "❤️❤️❤️❤️ servers overloaded".
  • DIXON THFC
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    I think its just sad. If any other game company, no matter how small, experienced outages like this people would just get something else but because of the monopoly they hold on this game mode we all have to put up with it. What doesn’t help either is EA’s attitude of no compensation, no bonus experience/content for corona and no information passed to the player base about what is actually happening. EA should stop making games and just become a PPI firm, they’d be good at that.

What he said.
  • JPRM71
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    It’s actually doing me a favour, making me play other games and break my addiction to the game. So thanks to whoever is doing this and keep it up.
  • DirtyHarryZak
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sucks, I can’t play.
    And nobody feels any negativity towards a bunch of nerds in their moms attic launching ddos attacks?

Ok
  • Hubbabubba
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sucks, I can’t play.
    Hope the perpetrators gets jail time and is brute forced by Big Bubba.