Matchmaking Failure, Europe wide

CoachGreg66
44 posts Last Pick at the Park
No players from Europe have been able to get matches on Ultimate Team. I have consulted on forums and groups multiple players say they even had the same issue since 7am today. Its been 12 hours and no response on twitter mention off issues whats is going on?

Comments

• CoachGreg66
    There is a growing concern this issue wont be even addressed and this will be the end of Ultimate Team on the Switch, can Ea please give us an update on what is going on right now @EA_Roger
  • ChappellRovers
    3130 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 4
    I too am struggling to get games, I am waiting for the usual EA reply that it is our fault.

I don’t think the issue will be addressed, for a start I doubt Roger will even read this for over a week, then it will take him a week to say we have updated our website to let people know there will be no more online matches on Nintendo Switch. They have totally abandoned us; first it was no promos, then no team of the week, then no FUT Birthday and now no matches. I think they are purposely trying to kill Nintendo Switch as a platform. If we don’t get any content and can’t even play games I will never be buying any EA game again they can swivel. Either they are malicious or breathtakingly incompetent. Either way they are one of the worst companies in the world.
  • Gingerboaby83
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    Unless they see this by chance I would imagine it won’t get fixed till Monday. We can hope roger checks this and can get the team to resolve it. Has anyone tried getting them on twitter?
  • ChappellRovers
    Apparently it is back. Not checked myself, amazed it was sorted that quickly great news.
  • Gingerboaby83
    Its not working for me. Must just be a European problem.

• Bertuu
    3 posts Ball Boy
    It seems that the problem is still not fixed and many players are still having difficulty in finding an online match.. it is very frustrating pls have a look at it !!!!
  • cz3
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I live in Spain and the matches not working
  • Rotorooter
    80 posts Park Captain
    This is a joke and the fact that @eahelp on twitter semm to be ignoring any switch requests is ridiculous.
  • jpagnano
    5 posts Ball Boy
    Here in the epicenter of the crisis US crisis in New York, NY. Hope all is well world wide 🙏🏻, I too am having match making issues for days now, on both 19’ and 20’.
  • jpagnano
    5 posts Ball Boy
    @Gingerboaby83 seems to be US/North Americas as well. @cz3 @Bertuu @Rotorooter how long has it been down for you guys?
  • ChappellRovers
    Yeah sorry got it wrong still not working.
  • jpagnano
    5 posts Ball Boy
    19’ worked once for me 20’ hasn’t worked at all... @EASUPPORT ?
  • CoachGreg66
    Its been two days without any help or advise could you please look into it @EA_Roger with the lack of promos, and now no matchmaking world wide for fifa 20 on switch you guys really risk losing the switch community
  • Rotorooter
    80 posts Park Captain
    It's weird as regular non FUT matches are still playable online. Hopefully we still have some form of community by the time @EA_Roger gets back to us.
  • Rotorooter
    80 posts Park Captain
    Also, when this kind of thing happens on the other consoles they are compensated with free packs. Don't see us being afforded the same courtesy. They will tell us it isn't possible. Even though they do the loyalty ones every so often.
  • More than 24h without a match. Please EA help us!
  • ChappellRovers
    edited April 6
    I doubt EA will help, probably won’t be fixed. Its the final nail in the coffin for my engagement gonna check in for sbcs and play a single player game occasionally. Without any content apart from a flashback once every so often or any online games, Ultimate Team is pretty much pointless. We dont even know if there will be a team of the season which is the only upcoming promo remaining that we should get. We don’t know if/when Fifa 21 will be released, whether it will be in line with the “new” season date, whether the old season will be declared void and a new one started, whether there will be a summer transfer window or not or whether the game will just be released anyway. The only thing that is clear is they don’t have any respect about us as a platform. Just as the user base was dramatically increasing, they bungle several promos, bungle TOTW moments, reduce our special cards to one a week (if that) and now remove online matches.

All i can say is why on earth would anyone on Nintendo Switch ever buy an EA game ever again after their disgraceful treatment of us.

@EA_Roger any chance of a reply??
    Post edited by ChappellRovers on
  • Rotorooter
    80 posts Park Captain
    Managed to get a game just now. Don't ask why I'm still up! 😂 Still almost 2 days without a game is crap!
  • Gingerboaby83
    Have we had any update from ea on this issue? I know nothing here but from twitter ow anywhere else?
  • EA_Roger
    1320 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, I'm not in over the weekend so you'll need to contact our support if you need help during this time. I'm looking into this at this time.
  • Rotorooter
    80 posts Park Captain
    I tried reaching out to @eahelp on twitter but was ignored. As were other people who have tried to ask about issues in the switch version. Really poor show. Anyway thanks @EA_Roger
  • CoachGreg66
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    Hey, I'm not in over the weekend so you'll need to contact our support if you need help during this time. I'm looking into this at this time.

EA Help had told multiple players there is no issue. From discord and other forums its clearly a Switch only worldwide issue majority of player cannot ever get a game, some wait hours to get 1 or 2. The most I’ve heard of is someone getting 4 games over the last 3 days. Even then people say they only match with the same player, even if you can see your friends from the same region online.

I hope EA take this seriously the community is mad and feels abandoned, EAs actions on this will directly shape the future sales of any fifa game for the switch. I honestly dont know why we got to this point. Up until January, the game was by far the best one so far we had; enough events and promos, which no doubt lead to good word of mouth and the doubling of players over the winter holiday.

All of these mistakes could have been easily solved with better communication and help for the community from EA.
  • Gingerboaby83
    I agree with the last comment about this game being the best on switch so far. Has been really enjoyable and getting all promos up to future stars was brilliant. It has doubled the player base and the game is growing. Ea have a chance here to make this a totally unique fifa game, where the base of it is already there. Just a few more additions and you won’t hear many complaints from switch users.

If the issue is the cards alone then that’s ok, we will all happily use the image not found greyed out cards for the whole year if it means we get the promos. Although I wonder if the weak foot and skill move upgrades were also an issue for fut birthday. Add back some form of league sbcs and I feel the switch community will be very happy overall. Hopefully roger can pass the info on and if we get Fifa 21 it will be very good. Hopefully the matchmaking issue is an easy fix and we’ll all be back soon.
  • jpagnano
    5 posts Ball Boy
    @EASUPPORT, any update on this? Only 2 games across 4 days. One on 19' and one on 20'. Is one version more likely to match than another? Any input helps
  • cz3
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I agree with the last comment about this game being the best on switch so far. Has been really enjoyable and getting all promos up to future stars was brilliant. It has doubled the player base and the game is growing. Ea have a chance here to make this a totally unique fifa game, where the base of it is already there. Just a few more additions and you won’t hear many complaints from switch users.

If the issue is the cards alone then that’s ok, we will all happily use the image not found greyed out cards for the whole year if it means we get the promos. Although I wonder if the weak foot and skill move upgrades were also an issue for fut birthday. Add back some form of league sbcs and I feel the switch community will be very happy overall. Hopefully roger can pass the info on and if we get Fifa 21 it will be very good. Hopefully the matchmaking issue is an easy fix and we’ll all be back soon.

Totally agree. I prefer use the image not found greyed cards than not having new cards.
  • Gingerboaby83
    Any update on this guys?
  • djihad
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any update on this guys?

Like to know too.
  • ChappellRovers
    EA_Roger wrote: »

This was the update. EA support is rubbish and have already given advice that doesn’t work. Unfortunately we have to wait for Roger to come back so it can be fixed.
  • BM7
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Matches still not working in Portugal too...