Does crossing break your game?

Comments

• EA_Roger
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    We are aware and tracking this on our side, we'll let you know if there is anything more on it. Apologies to those running into it.
  • atheistsw
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Strange, I've scored loads of crossed goals in SB and Rivals last few days, volleys, headers, bicycle kicks, even a cheeky scorpion with Ibra, and not once has my game crashed. I'm using a regular PS4 model, if that helps or makes any difference at all!
  • EA_Roger
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    This isn't a PS specific issue from what we know @atheistsw, appreciate the additional insight though.
  • Orison
    75517 posts Icon
    EA_Roger wrote: »
    This isn't a PS specific issue from what we know atheistsw, appreciate the additional insight though.

More patch specific than console specific it seems. Dunno who had the great idea or was stupid enough to bring back AI auto shots :#
  • Crashed 3 times on pc after scoring from a cross. Really annoying. You can be human and make a mistake in the updated build, but this is just an incompetence. This issue has been in the game for longer than EA should let it exist.
  • dazco
    446 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Happened to me yesterday, I just laughed, I was winning.
    Strong cross to Shearer's head and the millisecond it went over the line the game crashed.

Xbox
  • SStubbs88
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just happened to me.

Is this really nearly a week without it being fixed?
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    SStubbs88 wrote: »
    Just happened to me.

Is this really nearly a week without it being fixed?

Doesn’t cost EA money, so no rush to fix it....
  • JimmyVulmer
    6664 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    It's not due to the cross.

It's due to the AI taking the shot and scoring before you can do so. Last year that was quite prominent, this year they took it out completely, but it seems as if they messed up and brought it back in with the latest patch only that the game can't deal with it this year and just crashes.

It can also happen on rebounds from close range as these were prime examples of the AI just scoring the tap in automatically before you could.

If you cross and manage to score the goal yourself then nothing happens, only when the AI takes over for some reason (especially when 2 of your players can be the target of the cross and it only switches you to the right guy at the last second) then you are screwed.

Oh yeah forgot to @ @EA_Roger so that he can pass it on.

Just happened to me on XB1 after R9 took the shot for me after a driven cross. Was meant to go back post but he stole it then the game crashed :D
  • Mdw99
    10 posts Ball Boy
    I am quite sure the problem is, as some suggested before, the AI scoring a goal for you. I was just playing Weekend league and crossed the bal to the second post. I was aiming at a player (winger) at the second post, and intended to pass it back across goal and pressed the pass button. My striker made an automatic run and headed it in without me pressing the shoot button. The game froze and kicked me out of the game giving me a loss. I have scored headers no problem all day. So im sure its al about the AI. Hope its getting fixed soon.
  • JED_JD
    1767 posts Fans' Favourite
    We are aware and tracking this on our side, we'll let you know if there is anything more on it. Apologies to those running into it.

Thanks for the response @EA_Roger glad to hear it's being looked into, thanks for the communication
  • TeamMushroom
    58 posts Park Captain
    Aaaaand another game gone....

@EA_Roger any more info received on your end? Been over a week since first reports and 2 days since last update.

Know you don’t control it all but would be nice to know that a glitch that restricts a major method of scoring is at least going to be fixed sometime soon
  • Fix it you mutts. This is honestly unacceptable.
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1442 posts Play-Off Hero
    So are they going to compensate WL games where this has happened?....... of course they won’t
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JED_JD
    Been a couple of days since a post in this thread, is this still an issue for people? @EA_Roger said they are aware, need to understand in the current climate of the world situation it may not be as easy to fix this issue, but we need to be kept informed, that's all people want is solid communication :)
  • Absolutely this is still a problem. Can someone from EA tell us when this will be fixed? It has happened to me 6 times now and is ruining the game.
  • neveragain
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yup just happened to me after scoring a header.
    So will this game crash everytime now when we score from a cross or what? One of the biggest game companies can't code their biggest franchise properly..
    How the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ can EA this incompetent ? I thought Fifa 19 was a joke, but this beats everything they've done by a mile.
  • JED_JD
    Seems it's still a problem, I'm seeing crossing, claiming items and even just opening packs.. EAs main income source is causing the game to crash. Still no word @EA_Roger ? Possibly just another message with an update? Even if it's that you don't have an update it would still be appreciated
  • Smiley_Utd
    2058 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yep, happened to me last two wkends on the bounce

Ridiculous!!!
  • Jimmy89
    1051 posts Professional
    Still happening...
  • EA_Roger
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
  • Still happening this on PS4, Rivals objectives lost because of it. Any compensation? Literally just bought this game and grinding like mad to keep getting this. I need to stop spamming low driven passes tho haha
  • EA_Roger
    1808 posts Play-Off Hero
    Grfburger wrote: »
    Still happening this on PS4, Rivals objectives lost because of it. Any compensation? Literally just bought this game and grinding like mad to keep getting this. I need to stop spamming low driven passes tho haha

As per the post linked above the fix was not rolled out on console yet, it should be out now though. Thanks for your patience on this one.
  • TeamMushroom
    58 posts Park Captain
    Grfburger wrote: »
    Still happening this on PS4, Rivals objectives lost because of it. Any compensation? Literally just bought this game and grinding like mad to keep getting this. I need to stop spamming low driven passes tho haha

As per the post linked above the fix was not rolled out on console yet, it should be out now though. Thanks for your patience on this one.

Dare I ask..... compensation? 😂😂😂
  • Wooly1203
    3650 posts National Call-Up
    Somebody scored to even it up against me and the game disconnected. I’d imagine this is what happened to him