I'm so sick of 4231

HullCity1904
2469 posts Fans' Favourite
thats all everyone is playing in fut champs, dont bother putting any other formation next y ear EA>

honestly i ❤️❤️❤️❤️ despise anyone who follows that "meta" ❤️❤️❤️❤️. grow a pair

Comments

• TTGM
    662 posts Semi-Pro
    People will always exploit what works I'm afraid
  • Jimmy89
    580 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’d say at least 75% of my WL opponents used it, pretty much all of them switched to it in game straight away 😴😴
  • Rsscllghn
    212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yep every single sheep plays the same formation, so annoying. Is also unquestionably the most boring formation in the game to play against. Matches are such a boring slog.
  • Paulopudasso
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    It simply does not work for me try 4-2-2-2 thank me later
  • HullCity1904
    edited April 4
    i dont have an issue with people going for what works.

i have a problem when this year that formation happens to be the most boring one.

it has single handedly ruined the game turned it into a bore fest.

Bring back those crazy high scoring fifa 19 games that ended 6-7
  • HullCity1904
    edited April 4

Rsscllghn wrote: »
    Yep every single sheep plays the same formation, so annoying. Is also unquestionably the most boring formation in the game to play against. Matches are such a boring slog.

thats my problem, if the meta formation was 4321, we'd at least see some goals and have fun, this is just the most uninspiring game of football ever produced.

• The_Reptilian
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Jimmy89 wrote: »
    I’d say at least 75% of my WL opponents used it, pretty much all of them switched to it in game straight away 😴😴

I’d raise this Percentage into the higher 90s.

I am 18/18 this weekend against 4231.

It’s not ultimate team - it’s more ultimate formation.
  • ha032742
    38191 posts Moderator
    The formation isn’t boring, it’s how people use it that makes it boring. I sometimes switch to it from 442 depending on the game and genuinely like it because the attackers are close together for 1-2 passes to make forward runs.
  • davelj
    332 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ha032742 wrote: »
    The formation isn’t boring, it’s how people use it that makes it boring. I sometimes switch to it from 442 depending on the game and genuinely like it because the attackers are close together for 1-2 passes to make forward runs.

What custom and instructions do you use mate
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hate 41212 (2) at least with 4231 in general they have to play nice football and score half decent goals, but 41212 (2) is just find the fastest players possible and one two all game, but is what it is!
  • HullCity1904
    im wasting 20 mins playing bore fest and winning or losing 1-0

what the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is this dumb ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    But totally agree that this fifa is the most anti football game Iv ever played, especially weekend league, my god people get a grip.
  • ha032742
    38191 posts Moderator
    davelj wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »

What custom and instructions do you use mate

Balanced 5 & 4
    Balanced 5 & 5; 2 & 2.

I just keep full backs on stay back and the more defensive CDM out of 2 on stay back as well. I don’t touch the rest.
  • Toonleew
    2890 posts Fans' Favourite
    I don’t mind. I won 99% of games vs it. So easy to play against
  • JetLF
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Most of the formations don’t work that’s why. You play that formation and your players play better.

The same as putting drop back basically seems to make your players more aggressive at taking the ball when it should do the exact opposite.

You can’t blame people for playing what works. I’ve only just started playing it as it never suited my team and it’s insane how much better my players seem to be vs 433.

Blame Fifa for whatever they do to formations
  • Guvnor
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Guvnor wrote: »
    But totally agree that this fifa is the most anti football game Iv ever played, especially weekend league, my god people get a grip.

it's vile, everyone's playing like jose mourinho's inter, how can EA possibly think this is entertaining?

Yep i die a little inside every time I play, if only pro Evo was the pro Evo of old 😢

• newguy
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    I prefer playing it than 4222 I lose every single time against it 😂
  • Seagie
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4-5-1 causes the biggest problems for me! Just can’t create any openings against it.
  • Paulsearle1405
    66 posts Park Captain
    I'm playing 4321 at the moment normally finish gold 3. I'm 10 out of 17 at the moment. Have scored 49 goals. I'm happy with the amount of goals scored just wish I could lower the 37 conseeded.

Alot of my wins have come from getting a good lead then switching to 433 (3).

I've played 4231 before and whilst I'll get gold 3 or 2 I don't feel I ever created as much.
  • FijiBoy
    1321 posts Professional
    Seagie wrote: »
    4-5-1 causes the biggest problems for me! Just can’t create any openings against it.

All start with that and switch to 4231 in game. That's just to get wingers on full chemistry and then switch them as CAMs
  • MoeilijkeMan
    1263 posts Professional
    FijiBoy wrote: »
    Seagie wrote: »

All start with that and switch to 4231 in game. That's just to get wingers on full chemistry and then switch them as CAMs

100% this, absolutely nobody plays 451. Don’t think I ever faced it being played in game in WL.
  • Denz
    2871 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've used 4231 from before it was cool.

All formations have their day, next year it may be the same or something else, either way when everyone uses it, it will be boring.

I have to say I don't really buy into the whole meta thing with formations, I can use a variety of formations and pretty much get the same overall outcome.

For some it's a psychological thing, everyone else is using it so by not using it I'm at a disadvantage. Yet for the bulk of the community if your tactics are fairly balanced you would probably have the same overall WL finish from most formations.
  • Paulsearle1405
    66 posts Park Captain
    Denz wrote: »

All formations have their day, next year it may be the same or something else, either way when everyone uses it, it will be boring.

I have to say I don't really buy into the whole meta thing with formations, I can use a variety of formations and pretty much get the same overall outcome.

For some it's a psychological thing, everyone else is using it so by not using it I'm at a disadvantage. Yet for the bulk of the community if your tactics are fairly balanced you would probably have the same overall WL finish from most formations.

Agree with this 100% I enjoy the 4321 more but still end up gold 3 or 2. I've used 352, 4222, 442 4312 a d there's advantages and disadvantages of all them.

I don't understand why people say EA should scrap 4231. It's a formation that is played across the globe. I have no problem with people playing ultra defensive and trying to nick a goal. Obviously it's annoying but football is played in many different ways
  • Turkey_man
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Toonleew wrote: »
    I don’t mind. I won 99% of games vs it. So easy to play against

Same as this. Don't mind it at all as I know where their players are going to be most of the time.

I've found 4-3-3(4) my favourite formation on this fifa. Have both CM on balanced attacking runs. Leaves me open for the counter attack but I create a lot more chances than when I tried 4-2-3-1.
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    I start in 4231 and change out for chem, actually hate to play with it
  • John_Barnes
    1330 posts Play-Off Hero
    thats all everyone is playing in fut champs, dont bother putting any other formation next y ear EA>

honestly i ❤️❤️❤️❤️ despise anyone who follows that "meta" ❤️❤️❤️❤️. grow a pair

I’m sick of Ben Yedder, Sissoko and “fake cards” get over it

• Tebster7
    53 posts Park Captain
    I use it now but if you match up with a good player playing the same then the game is a complete bore fest with maybe only a couple of shots each. I have way more fun with the 352 in a attacking sense but the 4231 is so overpowered defensively.
  • HullCity1904
    Denz wrote: »

it's not boring because everyone's using it, it's boring because you can drop back and let the Ai do aall the defending with 6 defenders

previous years, the formations that everyone used were used because of their attackign strength, this year it's because of the OP defending,

which has made the game defensive oriented and it's the most boring thing ever