Last year on 30 March :'(
    a5e1f994268c8e29cddf10768be3347c.png
    055d6193fc65a89b87a5f6987675f82b.png
  • SupaNoodle1990
    33640 posts National Team Captain
    13 French players in one promo, why?
  • SupaNoodle1990
    33640 posts National Team Captain
    The things I’d do to have that Robben again, loves him.
  • freakjas
    14731 posts Has That Special Something
    Just rq a wl game at 2-2. 3rd game in a row that was against ball roll fc, connection was atrocious and my food was kind ready.
    Call me toxic but i was so tilted.
    Lost the game before 8-7 on pens.
  • Dan is Clutch
    36165 posts World Cup Winner
    Can i just say, people keep going on about those future star "upgrade" objectives like they were anything different. They weren't. You just did way more objectives to unlock the same type of card that any other promo has for objectives. They really weren't anything different.

When you look at it like that I guess you’re right.

If they did it that way but we got a better card than the usual at the end because it took more work, a couple more packs along the way and some mid rated fodder, then it would be better.

That process only needed a little tweaking but instead they gave up all together was my original point which I didn’t convey well.

I wasn’t just aiming that at you btw, I’ve seen a lot of people mentioning this recently!

Ultimately, they could and should do a lot better with objectives than what they currently do. Don’t even get me started on the milestone section. That section is genuinely a waste of code in the game.
  • Joestoe
    10581 posts Has That Special Something
    Not doing that Robben was one of my biggest regrets of last year.
  • Ning
    5850 posts Big Money Move
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Reckon they’ll bring back Icon SBCs for 21? I don’t. Shame really, by far the best part of the game since their introduction.

They won’t. EA will never admit it was a mistake.

In the end, it probably worked out just how they wanted it to work out. Top tier icons are out of reach for most people unless you spend FP. If you actually believed they did it out of the goodness and generosity of their hearts, you might have to think twice.

From their point of view, it’s a great new addition.

This is it, this economist bloke has changed it all so everything is geared towards you buying packs now, lowering the value of SBC packs, SBCs themselves and untradeable packs are all designed to maneuver you into buying with money what you want.
  • ccooaattssyy
    20686 posts Club Captain
    Tempted to SBC grind to a mid icon now that I have been furloughed from work, should be possible in a 2 weeks or so? Any got a concrete guide?
  • ComptonLAX94
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    We need a big boy sbc, 1m plus... enough of these 100-250k sbc's.

Got so much sbc fodder, I literally completed Ozil because he's an Arsenal player even though I'll barely use him if at all 😂

I mean how awesome would it be if they gave us a 5*5* Son or someone similar with no expiry even if it was 1.5/2m

Werner 5*5*. Tyvm
  • Joestoe
    Ning wrote: »
    Reckon they’ll bring back Icon SBCs for 21? I don’t. Shame really, by far the best part of the game since their introduction.

In the end, it probably worked out just how they wanted it to work out. Top tier icons are out of reach for most people unless you spend FP. If you actually believed they did it out of the goodness and generosity of their hearts, you might have to think twice.

This is it, this economist bloke has changed it all so everything is geared towards you buying packs now, lowering the value of SBC packs, SBCs themselves and untradeable packs are all designed to maneuver you into buying with money what you want.

No clue who’s behind this amazing idea. Fact is that content has been the worst it’s ever been, and I’ve never been less tempted to spend money on this game. Last year, I’d have bought a couple of FP throughout the year to test my luck. This year, I regret every single penny I spent on the game.
  • Dan is Clutch
    36165 posts World Cup Winner
    Something else that they’ve done over recent times that seems to of gone unnoticed is made MM pretty much all golds when they used to always have 1 or 2 squads that could be done with bronzes and silvers.
  • Ulook92
    23333 posts Club Captain
    This ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game. 90th minute. Smashing some absolute ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 9-3 and was thr last game to complete Bakayoko. Lost connection to the servers....
  • Ning

No clue who’s behind this amazing idea. Fact is that content has been the worst it’s ever been, and I’ve never been less tempted to spend money on this game. Last year, I’d have bought a couple of FP throughout the year to test my luck. This year, I regret every single penny I spent on the game.

Yeah I feel the same, no-one wants to be milked as a customer, but that's what it feels like they're doing. They definitely don't listen, so it's all pointless but it's just ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Orison
    76702 posts Icon

Yeah I feel the same, no-one wants to be milked as a customer, but that's what it feels like they're doing. They definitely don't listen, so it's all pointless but it's just ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

They made more than 1 billion on micro transactions. The casual still wants to be milked and apparently more than ever :#
  • Ian_Ando08
    17724 posts World Class
    Tempted to SBC grind to a mid icon now that I have been furloughed from work, should be possible in a 2 weeks or so? Any got a concrete guide?

2 weeks?! If you grind proper 2 days max 😂
  • Ning
    Orison wrote: »

They made more than 1 billion on micro transactions. The casual still wants to be milked and apparently more than ever :#

For this period last year compared to the year before that their revenue went down and their income tanked. Year on year it's slightly down. It's not like they're doing better than before, they're bigger and going the wrong direction.
  • Joestoe

Yup, so next year will be exactly the same. The player base grows every year, the effort they put in declines at the same rate.
  • Gyan_33
    41637 posts International Superstar
    Honestly what is the point of a CB Kanté and RB Ramos if no one actually uses them at those positions.
  • Orison
    76702 posts Icon

For this period last year compared to the year before that their revenue went down and their income tanked. Year on year it's slightly down. It's not like they're doing better than before, they're bigger and going the wrong direction.

It didn't tho, did it? Physical game sales were down, everything else was up. Revenue on micro transactions up by 8% of 10% more new FUT players or so iirc.
  • Idek
    17630 posts World Class
    Just opened 4 100k packs with no walkouts, that's me finally done with all the packs I had saved, 573 packs I've opened this week and the most valuable card was Varane which was untradeable, most expensive tradeable was Kane
  • Ning

It didn't tho, did it? Physical game sales were down, everything else was up. Revenue on micro transactions up by 8% of 10% more new FUT players or so iirc.

These are financials pulled from EA's own page, it's not subjective.

FIFA Ultimate Team is propping up the rest of the games more and more, it's doubled in percentage of revenue stream in two years, from 16% to 28% of total. They're milking ultimate team because for now it's their real money maker.
  • ccooaattssyy
    20686 posts Club Captain
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

Really? Best to start with bronze packs?
  • Orison
    76702 posts Icon

FIFA Ultimate Team is propping up the rest of the games more and more, it's doubled in percentage of revenue stream in two years, from 16% to 28% of total. They're milking ultimate team because for now it's their real money maker.

You don't fake numbers tho as that would get you in a lot of trouble. Numbers might be biased or they never published the negative aspects, but the ones they did publish should be accurate.

Game sales just very slightly up, but new FUT players and micro transaction revenue up by quite a bit and therefore they are loving life in regards to FUT.

I guess the real failure this year was Volta which was probably an attempt to get game sales back up too. Can't imagine that it worked.
  • BeefyRabouter
    7387 posts Big Money Move
    Boy they could’ve boosted Robben to a 5* wf this year <3 he had such nice animations infame
  • Ian_Ando08
    17724 posts World Class
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

Really? Best to start with bronze packs?

Just grind suda,lib.and super lig for the 88s and 89
  • ha032742
    51819 posts Moderator
    edited April 2020
    @Orison Their revenue from micro transactions this year will also surely be higher anyway given everyone is at home for the next few months at the very least.
  • Wyojasond
    19183 posts World Class
    Just hit 300 goals/200 assists in 435 games with my SPOTM Werner 😎 Not quite Gyan levels with his Josef, but I’ll still take it.

Also this Córdoba objective is testing my last damn nerve. The amount of ridiculous saves I’ve seen the last 3-4 games is doing my head in 😂 only have one game done for each of the low driven and finesse 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Ning

You don't fake numbers tho as that would get you in a lot of trouble. Numbers might be biased or they never published the negative aspects, but the ones they did publish should be accurate.

Game sales just very slightly up, but new FUT players and micro transaction revenue up by quite a bit and therefore they are loving life in regards to FUT.

I guess the real failure this year was Volta which was probably an attempt to get game sales back up too. Can't imagine that it worked.

I don't really get what you're saying, I'm saying that these are numbers pulled from EA's financials. If you're saying they're not telling the truth with them that's illegal, EA is publicly traded so releases financials to it's investors.

FIFA Ultimate Team is propping up the rest of the company, because EA is growing larger and not really making more money total as game sales of other games drops. They're milking FIFA Ultimate Team because it's their hot property. My point is when it's not a hot property, because they've milked it too hard without seeing any tangible improvement, it'll ruin the game.
  • ha032742 wrote: »
    @Orison Their revenue from micro transactions this year will also surely be higher anyway given everyone is at home for the next few months at the very least.

Loads of people will be curbing expenditure on trivial things like DLC too however with this economic uncertainty
  • Warrrap
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Is it possible to make money and make your customer happy? Just asking. I know this game is designed to create addiction but come on EA, maybe addict us with a good things?